Gutted

Guest darren cantrill

Guest darren cantrill

im writing this to let you all know I made a massive mistake a few weeks ago and it looks like its going to cost me my old bird race team pigeons that have won 1st fed 2nd fed 5th fed 7thfed numerous other fed and section cards 12 1st prizes 11 2nds etc etc and all because when I boosted my young bird team I was to bloody lazy to do the 8 old birds ive been in tonight and will go in again later to make sure they get water the biggest fool that ever raced pigeons my cock 5 1st prizes 1st fed 2nd fed 17th fed is on his way out only had 14 races my saintes hen first bird I ever sent over the water got me a 10th fed gave her all to home on the hard hot day in july when many struggled to get a pigeon my little grizzle hen who gave me my first win back in the sport last year and numerous 2nds 3rds and 4ths don't make the mistake I have if you value your pigeons make the effort don't be like me a team of yearlings that I didn't deserve gutted !!!!!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im writing this to let you all know I made a massive mistake a few weeks ago and it looks like its going to cost me my old bird race team pigeons that have won 1st fed 2nd fed 5th fed 7thfed numerous other fed and section cards 12 1st prizes 11 2nds etc etc and all because when I boosted my young bird team I was to bloody lazy to do the 8 old birds ive been in tonight and will go in again later to make sure they get water the biggest fool that ever raced pigeons my cock 5 1st prizes 1st fed 2nd fed 17th fed is on his way out only had 14 races my saintes hen first bird I ever sent over the water got me a 10th fed gave her all to home on the hard hot day in july when many struggled to get a pigeon my little grizzle hen who gave me my first win back in the sport last year and numerous 2nds 3rds and 4ths don't make the mistake I have if you value your pigeons make the effort don't be like me a team of yearlings that I didn't deserve gutted !!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that darren, can i ask with end of season did you have 8 obs in together with ybs,

Guest darren cantrill

Sorry to hear that darren, can i ask with end of season did you have 8 obs in together with ybs,

I split the pigeons last week so old hens are in with young hens old cocks are in with young cocks the older birds in their section the young birds moved into the respective old bird sections

Guest darren cantrill

I split the pigeons last week so old hens are in with young hens old cocks are in with young cocks the older birds in their section the young birds moved into the respective old bird sections

I noticed after the second young bird race the young birds went off the boil thought to much training eased off sent the next week took the first 2 but team was fragmented 1 bird missed the landing board and was waddling on the garden spoke to an old friend and as a precaution reboosted the young bird team with pmv vaccine left them at home for 14days but still had a nagging feeling something was wrong some idiot told me I was looking for something that wasn't there I thought ok im being over anxious and still picked up a first and 3rd in one race and a 2nd in another but the rythym had gone out of the birds appetite dropped the odd horrendous mess in a nest box and then big clear wet droppings in the old bird race pen with a squiggly little green worm like faecaes in the middle then this week bang! big white droppings sludge everywhere birds walking into walls falling off perches head spinning etc etc etc but no problems with vaccinated young birds look a picture apart from wading through the yearlings sludge

once for old birds twice for young once when leaving the nest and again in 6 weeks time

wrong way to do it m8 trust me if you want to jag them again after six weeks fine but you have to do all again as you are bringing the virus back into your loft again when you re vacinate and it will attack all old birds stock birds the lot

I agree with ye Walter but ill give you something to think about,I heard this info recently. The Belgians only jag their birds twice in their life, as ybs and as yearlings. Its finished after that and if you think about it, it maybe makes sense. Mind ye, some people are given the flu vaccination every year, is that necessary ???

I agree with ye Walter but ill give you something to think about,I heard this info recently. The Belgians only jag their birds twice in their life, as ybs and as yearlings. Its finished after that and if you think about it, it maybe makes sense. Mind ye, some people are given the flu vaccination every year, is that necessary ???

most belg vac twice old and young also the germans and the dutch its recemened now by some manufacturers and also every vet i know says the same thing :emoticon-0138-thinking:

dell i aree with you 100 percent m8 the problem is every one has to do the same and at the same time of year or your birds will get it from the vacinated birds as soon as they come into contact with them training racing showing or a stray in or on your loft thats why i say jag all or take the chance and jag none

wrong way to do it m8 trust me if you want to jag them again after six weeks fine but you have to do all again as you are bringing the virus back into your loft again when you re vacinate and it will attack all old birds stock birds the lot

does it do the same thing after the first vac

my old birds are done after the last race

most belg vac twice old and young also the germans and the dutch its recemened now by some manufacturers and also every vet i know says the same thing :emoticon-0138-thinking:

What your basically saying J.a.m is the guy that told me this is talking crap. Ill let him know his info is incorrect. I believe this info came from a pigeon agent who frequents Belgium fanciers lofts every other week :emoticon-0138-thinking:

if thats the case it means the vaccine is not doing what its suppose to and thats protect the bird for 12 months what is not sinking in with some guys is this is not a cure it only helps the birds fight it off the vaccine is not the problem its the way its being used incorrectly thats giving us all a problem if it was reported to the maff how this vaccine is being used they would stop us from racing why do you think they print on there leaflets that you get with it birds should be kept in for 14 days after vaccination because if you dont your birds are spreading the virus every where in and around your loft and the more often you jag the more often you expose them to this virus it does not matter how many times you jag them it does not stop the virus attacking every bird in the loft every time one bird is exposed to it the cycle will never be broken untill we go back to vaccinating the way we were taught to by the maff and that is all birds in all clubs vaccinated at the same time then the vaccine runs its course and after the 14 days its dead every where untill some muppet thinks they know better and jags a few and it all starts up again stick to the way the maff showed us to do it and this problem will go away no more young bird sickness imo and ill say no more

if thats the case it means the vaccine is not doing what its suppose to and thats protect the bird for 12 months what is not sinking in with some guys is this is not a cure it only helps the birds fight it off the vaccine is not the problem its the way its being used incorrectly thats giving us all a problem if it was reported to the maff how this vaccine is being used they would stop us from racing why do you think they print on there leaflets that you get with it birds should be kept in for 14 days after vaccination because if you dont your birds are spreading the virus every where in and around your loft and the more often you jag the more often you expose them to this virus it does not matter how many times you jag them it does not stop the virus attacking every bird in the loft every time one bird is exposed to it the cycle will never be broken untill we go back to vaccinating the way we were taught to by the maff and that is all birds in all clubs vaccinated at the same time then the vaccine runs its course and after the 14 days its dead every where untill some muppet thinks they know better and jags a few and it all starts up again stick to the way the maff showed us to do it and this problem will go away no more young bird sickness imo and ill say no more

Spot on :emoticon-0167-beer:

walter you have your opinion i have mine all i can tell you is what my experences are and what every vet i know is telling people to do which is to jab twice as young birds

within 2 year we will all be told to vaccinate the young birds twice by the manufactures its been happining in germany and holland also i belive

a vet has just posted on the same topic on another forum he states that 1 jab to young birds does not give you full protection also to vaccinate at 3 weeks old and again 4 weeks after

Not being disrespectful to any one but:

How will this ever be resolved:

Vets cannot agree with manufactures instructions ?

Pigeon fanciers cannot agree it appears to be different in all countries

How can any vet disagree with Manufacturers instructions not much faith in a system which is in disarray

And we wonder why pigeon fanciers have problems they are taking the micky and will soon be wanting us to vaccinate twice a year as some have already said

Had the dog to the vet this week and they inform me he has to have 2 booster vaccinations 1 month apart when I said it's another money making scheme she said but it's only another £6 she forgot to say on top of the increase don't think I will be going again

:emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

Well i came home with 2 youngsters from the sale on Sunday and had 2 just ready to wean in my stock loft. Vaccinated the 4 Yb's today and all my stock birds, the 4 Yb's i shifted in beside my Yb racing team.

I will be 100% honest with you all when i feed back how they got on.

Reading some posts would suggest my race team should be done again to protect them from the 4 new introductions, i disagree with this but as i say i will let you's know in a couple of weeks if there is any problems in the Yb loft.

Can't remember Ever having a problem putting late breds in with my older Yb's who have been vaccinated when leaving the nest in April/May and i do it every year.

I watched the video until the 55 min mark, took a break as I had bother hearing it. Did I mishear or did the guys on either side of Henk tell him that using La Sota wasn't authorised over here? Or was it a live vaccine they were talking about? The FCI slides shown on the video said always vaccinate with an inactivated vaccine, and I thought Henk said vaccinate with La Sota ... and that's the strain that is used in both the Colombovac and Nobilis inactivated vaccines authorised here.