North Of Scotland Federation

Looks like today's longest race has turned out a decsent race and returns.230mls plus is a big ask for ybs let alone yb national 340 plus,would just like to congratulate all winners today with excellent performances from Stuart Maskame and George Duncan.Think this joint libs are the way forward and convoying when possible.Next week is my last race as North of Scotland race controller and would like to thank EVERYONE that has been involved with me whether being line of flight or home end weather reports,you're help has been very much appreciated, was going to mention names but list is too long thanks guys you know who you are.There is two names i will mention that have helped me over the years Peter Calder of the Midlothian Fed 1st class Peter,CHEERS. Mr.Dave Barrie our convoyer who is second to none,it has been a pleasure working with this guy and the care he takes with our birds from pick up to liberation,again is first class.Keep up the good work mate it is very much appreciated. would like to wish everyone success for the remainder of the season and future seasons.

thanks for the mention davie I try to help everyone who phones me for info been a pleasure talking with you keep the job on davie and get your heed nipped for another year nobody else will do it .aw the best davie what ever you decide

cheers peter calder

I would like to take this opportunity as President of the North of Scotland Fed to thankyou Davie for all your hard work and endeavour over the last 3 years. It has been a pleasure to work with you in my role as President and for the 2 years as vice President. Although I am deeply saddened that you have decided to call it a day I fully understand the reasons behind your decision.

The race controller's job is by far the hardest of all the positions within pigeon racing. The stress that it causes at times must be almost unbearable. I do think that unfortunately a lot of members do not appreciate how much time and effort you have put into the job over the last 3 years. I know that you are monitoring the weather forecasts and trends each and every day of the racing season to do the very best by our doo's each and every week.

You will be a hard act to follow and I hope whoever comes after you has the same committment you have shown and that they can deal with the grief that will be thrown their way from all corners in what is fast becoming a very disturbing trend of certain individuals going out of their way to discredit officials in pursuit of their own agenda and to massage hugely inflated egos.

I would like to take this opportunity as President of the North of Scotland Fed to thankyou Davie for all your hard work and endeavour over the last 3 years. It has been a pleasure to work with you in my role as President and for the 2 years as vice President. Although I am deeply saddened that you have decided to call it a day I fully understand the reasons behind your decision.

The race controller's job is by far the hardest of all the positions within pigeon racing. The stress that it causes at times must be almost unbearable. I do think that unfortunately a lot of members do not appreciate how much time and effort you have put into the job over the last 3 years. I know that you are monitoring the weather forecasts and trends each and every day of the racing season to do the very best by our doo's each and every week.

You will be a hard act to follow and I hope whoever comes after you has the same committment you have shown and that they can deal with the grief that will be thrown their way from all corners in what is fast becoming a very disturbing trend of certain individuals going out of their way to discredit officials in pursuit of their own agenda and to massage hugely inflated egos.

yes Paul its a hard job to fill but the NORTH was always lucky to have very good contollers over the years like Harold Petrie jakie Ritchie and the lad Whyte fer the broke but all could be replaced lets hope the next one does a good job but maybe you don't remember this guys but I do all the best for the future Davey cheers Alan

yes Paul its a hard job to fill but the NORTH was always lucky to have very good contollers over the years like Harold Petrie jakie Ritchie and the lad Whyte fer the broke but all could be replaced lets hope the next one does a good job but maybe you don't remember this guys but I do all the best for the future Davey cheers Alan

Are you still going for the job Alan I don't think you will find much fanciers standing against you for it . I hope you don't do a U turn and go against your word I,m keeping you to this one .

Edited by robbiedoo.

Are you still going for the job Alan I don't think you will find much fanciers standing against you for it . I hope you don't do a U turn and go against your word I,m keeping you to this one .

Robbie I will be standing I got a proposer and seconder but hey its up to the members maybe u might want a shot or some of the others :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer:

Robbie I will be standing I got a proposer and seconder but hey its up to the members maybe u might want a shot or some of the others :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer:

Na like you said on the phone a couple o month ago you are going to go for the job me i canna get up in the morning . Vote for blackie Vote for blackie

Na like you said on the phone a couple o month ago you are going to go for the job me i canna get up in the morning . Vote for blackie Vote for blackie

yes Robbie i will be going for it but still got to get the votes

and i agree you sure cant get up in the mornings in fact you struggle to keep your eyes open in early evening :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl: but if i get in you better get up early or set your ETS :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

it can only be good for the federation that already we have at least one person coming forward for this most difficult of jobs, the sooner the proposal reaches the secy then the better for all, proposals can be forwarded as of now so the sooner the better

it can only be good for the federation that already we have at least one person coming forward for this most difficult of jobs, the sooner the proposal reaches the secy then the better for all, proposals can be forwarded as of now so the sooner the better

Does that mean blackie can his proposal in the noo

IT WILL COME IN ALONG WITH ALL OUR CLUBS OTHER PROPOSALS AND A NEW RACE PROGRAM :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

Great Alan, it is so refreshing to see people putting themselves forward for these jobs as it can be like getting blood from a stone when it comes to getting people to support the Fed. It always seems to be the same faces doing all the work, supporting sales etc. None of us do it out of pleasure but more necessity in order that we can all race our doo's on a Saturday.

So the more the merrier and I look forward to seeing you at the AGM. Hopefully more will follow your lead instead of just sitting in the background criticising the guys that are trying to do their best by the members and their birds. I have said many times too many people hide behind a keyboard instead of stepping up to the plate. Well done ;)

Great Alan, it is so refreshing to see people putting themselves forward for these jobs as it can be like getting blood from a stone when it comes to getting people to support the Fed. It always seems to be the same faces doing all the work, supporting sales etc. None of us do it out of pleasure but more necessity in order that we can all race our doo's on a Saturday.

So the more the merrier and I look forward to seeing you at the AGM. Hopefully more will follow your lead instead of just sitting in the background criticising the guys that are trying to do their best by the members and their birds. I have said many times too many people hide behind a keyboard instead of stepping up to the plate. Well done ;)

Paul i aint new you maybe forgot i was on the top table with the most forward thinking fed pres we ever had AJ SIM and i donated plenty and bought even went in the lorry a couple of times the best way forward is put the fees up £50 a member then all paying the same not the same select few buying and gifting JMO :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

Get a cake to celebrate back to the good old day of Alan supporting the fed welcome back and taking a job to must be good to get back in to it alan

is that right Grahame that's real nice of u to say so :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: but there again I must have always supported it by paying my fees for the 15 seasons I did not race :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer: