Another Old Ring Found Today

casper

Been out metal detecting and found an old pigeon ring , was hoping that some one on here could give me some info on it like date and location . It has the following letters and numbers : WHU 74 C 9572 . It's made out of aluminium .

Any info would be great .

Brian

Thank you for the quick replies. this pigeon must of been a long way from home as I found it in north northumberland scottish border. Is this an collectable ring or is it quite common.

Brian

it is an old Welsh Homing Union ring as stated ,from 1974 ,possibly Caerphilly .as to its value , I would value it as a collector .on the open market ,only as much as some-one was willing to pay Brian. :emoticon-0138-thinking:

it is an old Welsh Homing Union ring as stated ,from 1974 ,possibly Caerphilly .as to its value , I would value it as a collector .on the open market ,only as much as some-one was willing to pay Brian. :emoticon-0138-thinking:

oh and as to being a long way from home , some Welsh feds previously raced from Lerwick .so it was on its way home I guess :emoticon-0138-thinking: