Fall Of Down Feathers

A healthy bird should have a steady drop of down. If you want more cut garlic into pea size pieces and put three directly down the throat for 3 days. If you don't fancy that put something in the drinker they do not like the taste of, you'll get a big fall of down, but it isn't in the shape of health or form.

why would you want to promote a fall of down feathers

I don't like to but I must agree with the chadster if your birds don't have 5 or 6 down feathers in their droppings when you go to your loft in the morning then something is wrong .i think that is what chad is getting at :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Guest chad3646

I don't like to but I must agree with the chadster if your birds don't have 5 or 6 down feathers in their droppings when you go to your loft in the morning then something is wrong .i think that is what chad is getting at :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

i consulted airwolf lol

Guest geordiejen

pigeons will drop down feathers frequently when they are in best of health.there seems to be a confusion between this and the actual moult of a pigeon.its in a pigeons nature to preen itself and i does pull the odd feather now and again.birds who have something wrong may stop picking at themselves.my birds get vits,garlic and all that stuff all year round and i just let the birds moult naturally.the only change i do is to have the bathwater warm and at least 2 baths a week for the birds.plenty of rest and access to the open air.the moult takes a long time and it should already have started in the birds now.by the time the show season starts in late october ive noticed flight feathers still to be thrown by the pigeons.

Guest chad3646

pigeons will drop down feathers frequently when they are in best of health.there seems to be a confusion between this and the actual moult of a pigeon.its in a pigeons nature to preen itself and i does pull the odd feather now and again.birds who have something wrong may stop picking at themselves.my birds get vits,garlic and all that stuff all year round and i just let the birds moult naturally.the only change i do is to have the bathwater warm and at least 2 baths a week for the birds.plenty of rest and access to the open air.the moult takes a long time and it should already have started in the birds now.by the time the show season starts in late october ive noticed flight feathers still to be thrown by the pigeons.

GEORDIEGEM DO YOU PUT YOUR ELBOW IN THE BATH TO MAKE SURE IT ISN,T TO WARM FOR THEM LOL

Guest geordiejen

of coarse i do chad its all part of the mollycuddle.ha i only have a bath on a sunday night to get ready for my work in the morning but i make sure my birds have a good bath.sometimes bring them in with me instead of a plastic yellow duck.

of coarse i do chad its all part of the mollycuddle.ha i only have a bath on a sunday night to get ready for my work in the morning but i make sure my birds have a good bath.sometimes bring them in with me instead of a plastic yellow duck.

:emoticon-0136-giggle: cracker Geo :emoticon-0137-clapping: