Young Bird Sickness

Guest ConsettFlyer12

Guest ConsettFlyer12

DD 5 teaspoons of soda crystal and 100 mls of warm water and stir till dissolved, it doesn't matter if you put 10 teaspoons you can not overdose with the amount.

So do not worry it will not hurt them, you need a syringe to syringe 5 ml down each birds throat, this will make them vomit up all the corn in the crop.

Leave them for half hour, if they have not been sick syringe 5 ml more down each birds throat you must make them SICK, the soda will sterilize their crop.

When they are sick feel the crop you might have to syringe them 1 more time, you must make sure the crop is completely empty of all corn, once you make sure the crop is empty let them rest for half hour then give them half of charcoal pill each.

When you are making them sick place them in a pen with grids or upturn a crate so they can not pick up corn when they are sick, OR you will have to watch them.

REMEMBER this works in seconds as soon as you syringe the 5 mls down the throat they will vomit straight away.

The next part is the most important once you give half of charcoal pill you must not feed for 26 HOURS please do not feed THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT.

Now when you feed you must only give them DEPURITIVE or DIET and you only give each bird quarter ounce only NO more that day.

The reason for the half pill is it goes through them and cleans them through from crop to back end.

And you only give them a light feed to start with the next day to start the crop moving, give birds quarter ounce depuritive or diet mix late evening. On second day, half ounce depuritive. On third day 50% depuritive 50% corn, once AM and the same late PM.

Next day feed back to normal, young bird sickness gone, you must follow instruction VERY IMPORTANT. Should i do this and wants the ups and downs on this has anybody done this also will the crystal stuff kill the birds? anything else should i add appreciate it!

DD 5 teaspoons of soda crystal and 100 mls of warm water and stir till dissolved, it doesn't matter if you put 10 teaspoons you can not overdose with the amount.

So do not worry it will not hurt them, you need a syringe to syringe 5 ml down each birds throat, this will make them vomit up all the corn in the crop.

Leave them for half hour, if they have not been sick syringe 5 ml more down each birds throat you must make them SICK, the soda will sterilize their crop.

When they are sick feel the crop you might have to syringe them 1 more time, you must make sure the crop is completely empty of all corn, once you make sure the crop is empty let them rest for half hour then give them half of charcoal pill each.

When you are making them sick place them in a pen with grids or upturn a crate so they can not pick up corn when they are sick, OR you will have to watch them.

REMEMBER this works in seconds as soon as you syringe the 5 mls down the throat they will vomit straight away.

The next part is the most important once you give half of charcoal pill you must not feed for 26 HOURS please do not feed THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT.

Now when you feed you must only give them DEPURITIVE or DIET and you only give each bird quarter ounce only NO more that day.

The reason for the half pill is it goes through them and cleans them through from crop to back end.

And you only give them a light feed to start with the next day to start the crop moving, give birds quarter ounce depuritive or diet mix late evening. On second day, half ounce depuritive. On third day 50% depuritive 50% corn, once AM and the same late PM.

Next day feed back to normal, young bird sickness gone, you must follow instruction VERY IMPORTANT. Should i do this and wants the ups and downs on this has anybody done this also will the crystal stuff kill the birds? anything else should i add appreciate it!

not having much luck to your question .I did this last year ,it looks a bit hard on the birds only for a short time but it did the job as I went on to win young bird ave an it didn't kill any birds hope this helps.kevin

Guest welshman

hello.i have done this in the past also and it does work and its worth remembering that charcoal tablets are good for sour crop also. :animatedpigeons: