Midland Fed Appleton

It would appear the fed has had massive losses from Appleton to-day liberated 14.30 into a N/E wind with most fanciers flying 180-190 miles.

Timing from approx 19.30 it was total mist cover for the birds to negotiate with visibility less than 1 mile and dark at 21.00.

Returns locally are 3-15, 2-24, 1-20 up to 21.30.

Perhaps going the West coast route ourselves will prove to be a folly we could do without.

It would appear the fed has had massive losses from Appleton to-day liberated 14.30 into a N/E wind with most fanciers flying 180-190 miles.

Timing from approx 19.30 it was total mist cover for the birds to negotiate with visibility less than 1 mile and dark at 21.00.

Perhaps going the West coast route ourselves will prove to be a folly we could do without.

Terrible returns Peter and soul destroying,I hope and think there will be plenty of birds about in the morning,our returns personally are poor but got 3 doos after 9.20 tonight . :partick-thistle-Crest:

The best time I herd 19.14 but hes only got 12/38

Guest stb-

sorry to hear that Peter thats shocking there have been some stinkers all over today but to be honest i canny remember so many bad races from different parts of the country on the same day .

hope you get them tommorow m8

I am of the opinion that small convoys return lower than average velocities and Midland Federation not only come into that category but travel the West coast route itself due to the self interest of the Airdrie club which only looks after its members to the detriment of the birds which has been proven in the past A.G.M.s.

Guest stb-

I am of the opinion that small convoys return lower than average velocities and Midland Federation not only come into that category but travel the West coast route itself due to the self interest of the Airdrie club which only looks after its members to the detriment of the birds which has been proven in the past A.G.M.s.

your spot on thats why i dont fly with them anymore

Don't talk rubbish its not the route its the time they were libbed the leaders on time am at7oclock returns when went was clock27out of60

Look at central or northwest velocity 2weeks ago and we are beating them and lanarkshires

Guest bigda

Look at central or northwest velocity 2weeks ago and we are beating them and lanarkshires

that was down to wind and heat 2 weeks ago it was baltic remember

Sorry to see returns, We had a very funny race from otterburn yesterday! Only 58 miles but seems a few missing! I was 13/24 last night and 8 showed up this morning and 1 reported in Buckie!! How the hell it ended up there considering mist on the east we had! Its the most batches I have seen yesterday between 3pm and right up to 6-7pm, They were anything from singles up to around 50 a batch and going ALL directions! Think a lot were struggling to get through the pentlands as it was closed off from my view (4 miles from me) I even got an NEHU dew land but that could be anyones

Sorry to see returns, We had a very funny race from otterburn yesterday! Only 58 miles but seems a few missing! I was 13/24 last night and 8 showed up this morning and 1 reported in Buckie!! How the hell it ended up there considering mist on the east we had! Its the most batches I have seen yesterday between 3pm and right up to 6-7pm, They were anything from singles up to around 50 a batch and going ALL directions! Think a lot were struggling to get through the pentlands as it was closed off from my view (4 miles from me) I even got an NEHU dew land but that could be anyones

seen the same over at sigthill brian the birds were going back and forth looked like they were looking for a break in the mist to cross the forth

Guest bigda

Ok wait to nationals and tell me that oh forgot am in japan

you know you are wrong novo the midlands will be lucky if they have 200 doos to race this year down the west come try the east route and go up the same time as the lanarkshire and then we can say who's the fastest the midlands get hit about twice every year from the west but at the AGM only the race winners turn up to pass the route you fly. if the midlands had to join the lanarkshire ill bet yous would get a turn at the races get rid of the old guys and form a younger committee

The race controller was in constant contact with me every hour on sunday as the visibility was poor the forecast said it would clear in this area from 4-30 onwards and it did phoned andy at 5pm to say it was sunshine and 100% visibility all through the hills sorry to hear of returns at home end but certainly could not have been better here ,we went at stafford 11-15 and returns were no more than average at clocktime loads of lanarkshire and other birds from feds to the north were working through the hills earlier on in poor conditions I have a midland and a ballochmyle in tonight fed and watered and will be given a helping hand home .