Chickadee's white doos

DOVEScot

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are truly lovely birds but they look so much like pets rather than racers (maybe I'm wrong) what I love is how tame they are !!! our last years young birds are so tame , I (wrongly or rightly) feel confidence in them , there is especially a young red cock who jumps up and tries to peck my fingers and drives around the box when I back off . does anyone have /had similar with decent results ?

Thanks Anto, wait till I get the pics of our other race birds on, I should get them done this week :)

lovley cant wait to see them should look great with that exp camera :)

Guest bakes

duncan/carol what lines are your delbars you have brought in as there a strain of pigeons me and the misses are very interested in as we are looking to one day race the long distances and what ive read loads of information about this strain they are ideal birds for what i wont to race 500+ miles ive got some from steve stoker lines as well as a few i bought from mate but non white mostly blue bars or chequers crossed a few of my delbars with my flor engels to keep the distance blood in them

all the best

klaus

duncan/carol what lines are your delbars you have brought in as there a strain of pigeons me and the misses are very interested in as we are looking to one day race the long distances and what ive read loads of information about this strain they are ideal birds for what i wont to race 500+ miles ive got some from steve stoker lines as well as a few i bought from mate but non white mostly blue bars or chequers crossed a few of my delbars with my flor engels to keep the distance blood in them

all the best

klaus

I will look out the info on them and post it to you :)

They are truly lovely birds but they look so much like pets rather than racers (maybe I'm wrong) what I love is how tame they are !!! our last years young birds are so tame , I (wrongly or rightly) feel confidence in them , there is especially a young red cock who jumps up and tries to peck my fingers and drives around the box when I back off . does anyone have /had similar with decent results ?

Your not far wrong, yes they are pets first and foremost and racers second, we started out with a dove cote in the garden and now three cotes and three lofts later we are now going to race some but not with the passion, experience and knowledge with some fanciers I know but for sheer enjoyment. :)

Saying that once we start things will probably change ;)

Which is your next Auction / Donation that you will have some birds in please.

Sorry Mav I missed this one :B

I don't think there are any at the moment, we have gifted about 20ybs so far so the next thing is building our race team

Your not far wrong, yes they are pets first and foremost and racers second, we started out with a dove cote in the garden and now three cotes and three lofts later we are now going to race some but not with the passion, experience and knowledge with some fanciers I know but for sheer enjoyment. :)

Saying that once we start things will probably change ;)

no " probably" about it it will change .    andy .

Hello Again Dovescot, Thanks for the reply,

Nice offer but don’t breed any special for me yet.

I would not say a business really just a little extra amongst friends and local to me.

I will have 6, Maybe 8 logans in a few weeks time but would like to round it of at 10 maybe 12 birds, That should see me ok for 2011,

Cannot see me doing anything this year.

Thanks again, Mav.

Hello Again Dovescot, Thanks for the reply,

Nice offer but don’t breed any special for me yet.

I would not say a business really just a little extra amongst friends and local to me.

I will have 6, Maybe 8 logans in a few weeks time but would like to round it of at 10 maybe 12 birds, That should see me ok for 2011,

Cannot see me doing anything this year.

Thanks again, Mav.

No problem and good luck  :)