Red Sand Stone

Guest chad3646

Guest chad3646

forty odd years me and a friend went down the saltmarket just for a nosey

i was just walking by bert wilsons pet shop when i noticed three pigeons pecking the bottom of the sand stone there was ahole the size of atennis ball

back down that way couple of days ago pigeons still picking at this hole it is now the size of a football not the same pigeon,s by they way

has anyone seen anything similar

Guest chad3646

not seen it with the sandstone chad but an old pal told me to get an old crumbling brick with cement on it and put it in the garden for them they love it and john feenie used to put cows lick down and they wired into it they know what they need better than us ithink m8

Guest chad3646

i have heard ofthe brick one walter but as you say it has to be old for talking sake

out of the old tenament buildings it must be some thing in the old mortar but not in the new

the salt lick has plenty of minerals init but never tried it

you mentioned john feenie never met the man but heard all about him

terrible what happened to his pigeons

i have heard ofthe brick one walter but as you say it has to be old for talking sake

out of the old tenament buildings it must be some thing in the old mortar but not in the new

the salt lick has plenty of minerals init but never tried it

you mentioned john feenie never met the man but heard all about him

terrible what happened to his pigeons

how what happen chad

i was just walking by bert wilsons pet shop when i noticed three pigeons pecking the bottom of the sand stone there was ahole the size of atennis ball

back down that way couple of days ago pigeons still picking at this hole it is now the size of a football not the same pigeon,s by they way

AYE THERE WALTER STONE MASONS FAE THE BROCH GOT LOST AND LANDED IN GLESGA :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

THERE TRYIN TAE BREAK IN TAE STEAL BERTS DO FOOD BUT NAEBODY TELT THEM HES

AFF THE TURF NOO :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

hey man leave us masons out of this we get blamed for everything lol

aye but yous huv a strict peking order itsyour turn oan the sand stane :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Guest chad3646

they will be looking for the salt market then , most likely all the dogs in the street P*** on the wall

correct bigda that,s how the streeters are fine and healthy LOL

Somme years ago when I kept sheep we found that they were not thrifty on the hillside where we lived at the time. After contacting the Agricultural Advisery Service they tested the land and found it to be dificient of Calcium, Magnesium, Cobalt and Selenium. After trying out several licks and minerals I found something called Cobbot 12. I has a sandy consistantly to it and you feed it loose in containers left in the field.

I was shocked when the chickens, dogs and wild birds all got stuck into this. I also think that foxes had a go at it at night.

I think that was when I realised that all creatures must have the right mix od minerals to gain full health. Since then I have experimented with crushed brick to variuos types of animal mineral blocks with varying success. I have also drawn the conclusion that the use of very salty things are not suitable for pigeons. OK some salt is fine but I believe that too much salt is bad. It is calcium and magnisium that I have found to be vital followed by clay bocks. Like most people I used to think that the vitamin "B12" was the be all and used it regulary. However unless the approprate mineral is present in the diet, in the case of "B12" its cobalt, the birds system will still be deficient. I use the Clay Blocks because they contain Kaolin which is an aid to the birds reducing the harm when tannin is in the diet. Tannin is the chemical found in the brown skin of beans, maple peas and acorn.

Guest chad3646

Somme years ago when I kept sheep we found that they were not thrifty on the hillside where we lived at the time. After contacting the Agricultural Advisery Service they tested the land and found it to be dificient of Calcium, Magnesium, Cobalt and Selenium. After trying out several licks and minerals I found something called Cobbot 12. I has a sandy consistantly to it and you feed it loose in containers left in the field.

I was shocked when the chickens, dogs and wild birds all got stuck into this. I also think that foxes had a go at it at night.

I think that was when I realised that all creatures must have the right mix od minerals to gain full health. Since then I have experimented with crushed brick to variuos types of animal mineral blocks with varying success. I have also drawn the conclusion that the use of very salty things are not suitable for pigeons. OK some salt is fine but I believe that too much salt is bad. It is calcium and magnisium that I have found to be vital followed by clay bocks. Like most people I used to think that the vitamin "B12" was the be all and used it regulary. However unless the approprate mineral is present in the diet, in the case of "B12" its cobalt, the birds system will still be deficient. I use the Clay Blocks because they contain Kaolin which is an aid to the birds reducing the harm when tannin is in the diet. Tannin is the chemical found in the brown skin of beans, maple peas and acorn.

good read owen what do you suppose they are getting out of the sand stone

very interesting owen

Guest chad3646

sorry m8 youve lost me what are you on about john feenie died and his birds were sold in auction so what are you talking about everyone in lanarkshire new what explain

the ferrets

Guest chad3646

whatferrets think you must be talking about someone else he neaver had any problems with ferrets that i know of chad and i drank with the man 7 days a week

do you mean to say that you never heard what happened to his good blue cock

the cock scored three times out of rennes bred astack of winners some one broke in stole acouple of johns birds the blue cock was amongst them

he fed them to his fathers ferret,s

his father iam sure was apigeon man from you neck of the woods

i am sure it was graham ward

ask vince that won

do you mean to say that you never heard what happened to his good blue cock

the cock scored three times out of rennes bred astack of winners some one broke in stole acouple of johns birds the blue cock was amongst them

he fed them to his fathers ferret,s

his father iam sure was apigeon man from you neck of the woods

i am sure it was graham ward

ask vince that won

i think i do rememer something about that now you say that f k that was 30 year ago man i canny mined what happend yesterday lol