Fielding

Guest old dog new tricks

Guest chad3646

Hi All,fairly new to pigeon racing, got a problem with pigeons fielding, any advice gratefully recieved

have you got an open loft if so it will be hard

if not it is down to how you feed them

Guest old dog new tricks

haven't got an open loft, birds trained and trapped fine last week, past few days some of the hens have started fielding, I have dropped the feed down for trapping purposes.

Guest chad3646

haven't got an open loft, birds trained and trapped fine last week, past few days some of the hens have started fielding, I have dropped the feed down for trapping purposes.

anyone got other suggestions

have you got an open loft if so it will be hard

if not it is down to how you feed them

mine did the same for awhile when feeding yb put plenty kilpatricks black minerals down for them and they should stop fielding i even put some in an old drinker and leave it out in the garden so i can keep an eye on them hope that helps you m8

do you watch your birds feed i recently figured out what was wrong with mine a cock was guarding the food wouldn't let them feed meaning they wouldn't fly and woundn't trap either for a while until i watched what was going on .i cut the food right down too which didn't help .Hope this helps .i locked the cock in his box or removed him to give the overs more confidence.

Guest chad3646

Sound like lack of something, give them all grits, minerals and pickstones/clay blocks.If they still field then let a firework off as soon as the birds land on the field. Be there waiting for them.Sounds a wee bit radical, but it works.

and tell me delboy how would you find that field

Guest chad3646

Yes they are but not all day they would need to be super doos to do that .so if you are going to have a sale let me know smart ass.just a pitty you can't see them from your window :animatedpigeons:

you couldn,t buy them you stick to mr wonderful louella

my birds have always went into the feilds as i have a very large garden they just go into the feilds on the other side of the fence like an exstension to the garden but have never had no probs with it as theres nothing sprayed or nowt in it just good mole hills and wee brown snails :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer: