Pigeon Health Questions For Walter

andy Burgess

I have spent the last couple of hours reading the most interesting comments on reasons and possible ways to avoid sickness and indeed death to ones birds,I am only returning to the sport after some 17 years,It is my intention never to race young birds,am I right in believing that I would be safer wainting untill breeding from the stock birds I have brought is complete then vacinate both o/birds and young birds together........thanks for some wonderful reading....JBC/..

you can jag them anytime all together as long as your 2 to 3 weeks clear of training racing or showing john this gives the virus time to run its course through your flock and does not expose other peoples birds to the virus and not re infecting your own then you must have somthing in the water for your birds first drink to kill anything they pick up in training or race baskets for the ive done it this way for twenty years brigade

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can jag them anytime all together as long as your 2 to 3 weeks clear of training racing or showing john this gives the virus time to run its course through your flock and does not expose other peoples birds to the virus and not re infecting your own then you must have somthing in the water for your birds first drink to kill anything they pick up in training or race baskets for the ive done it this way for twenty years brigade

Don't care what anybody says now Walter some guys will listen and some won't in the pigeon sport you need to have a medicine cabinet at the ready J.M.H.O. :animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons:

Excellent reading Wattie and well done for sharing it with everyone this is certainly an eye opener and an excellent piece of advice.

With you saying picking the virus up in the baskets what doo you treat with after training or races ???

walter gives them a treat of black magic chocolates and a drinker of Dom perignon champagne

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Very informative indeed ..strengthens my belief in keeping notes..

Walter one day we shall meet and I'll get to shake your hand .On behalf of all people like myself (just restarting) I thank you for your advice so freely given for the betterment of all who are wise enough to accept it...

not saying its the be all and end all guys just common sence but food for thought before vaccination started there was no such thing as youngbird sickness so its got to be something we are giving them that spreads to others jmo

I think the vaccine should be done once and then never again it's a money making scheme imo

• 4 months later...

A great read Walter, I'm coming back into pigeons in the next few years, and this is one problem that really concerned me, so I find this topic very interesting, so much so you have definitely given me food for thought, and laid some of my problems to rest generally.

Thank You