My Hens Are To Fat To Lay How Do I Get Weight Down

thepigeonman

i agree with Kirky but if the hens are too fat split them fae the cocks and gie them nothing but water with multivits in it and defo no grub for 5 days then handle them again and you will see different pigeons that certainly wont be too fat to lay :emoticon-0157-sun:

Done it myself a few times with stock hens and it never fails and does them no harm either....

i agree with Kirky but if the hens are too fat split them fae the cocks and gie them nothing but water with multivits in it and defo no grub for 5 days then handle them again and you will see different pigeons that certainly wont be too fat to lay :emoticon-0157-sun:

Done it myself a few times with stock hens and it never fails and does them no harm either....

No food for five days f--- off .every thing way doos is only 24 hrs ya big nutter :D:P

Starving a pigeon damages the gut wall. The wall isn't smooth and has gazillions of little finger-like projections sticking outwards toward the gut contents. If you look at your own hand palm down and fingers splayed, thats what it looks like. Now make the same hand into a fist. Thats what happens after starvation - remember thats also a big part of the immune system you've killed - you'll find more about it on the web, search for 'villi'.

I'd a really heavy stock pigeon and I fed him one teaspoonful (5 grams) of barley a day for something like a week and the excess weight fair dropped off him.

Thanks for help how long does it take to brake a local pigeon to your loft or does it just depands that some are different to others

check with the guy you got them off as you said he told you not to let them out,cocks returning to old lofts can do a lot of damage ie broken eggs,

check with the guy you got them off as you said he told you not to let them out,cocks returning to old lofts can do a lot of damage ie broken eggs,

I gave the bloke the birds to get him started and it was for the very reason above that he was told to breed off them and not let them out.

The hens i gave him were not fat and indeed he had one hen of his own,so why hasnt it laid.

I think the problem is more likely to lie with the location where the birds are being kept and the possibility that they are not getting any peace because of vermin ect. added to the fact that the bloke has no knowledge of pigeon husbandry.

I thought i was doing the bloke a favour,but i should have given more thought about"was i doing the birds a favour"

The answer was clearly no and he won't be getting any more.

I didn't say I git them fat I could have gave them too much and not lied my location Yes it is my first year and I want to learn tht why I asked quest didn't say they were fat wn I got them n there no vermin i have a guy who keep vermin down in houses i Am fankfull for birds I didnt not say they were fat when I got them they are great birds the location has no vermin and I Am in sport learn dieing sport you want young folk to come into sport and I ask for help n I get tht why ask folk to join sport if you make tht out and some off my hens have laid eggs today why ask young folk to join when they ask for help and get could tht the birds are great as i said I asked could I have feed them more and put weight on cause off me feeding to much

Ment guy tht stays in houses at the land shots the rats and keeps them away I want to learn I asked if could have fed them to much to make them fat I didn't say they was fat when i got them so I havent lied they are great birds I Am greatfull for them and ask for help why ask folk to join if they ask questions

Not happy could liar I asked quest cause guy said could be tht av not liad a have no vermin I asked incase I fed them to much and incase a ever do i rite down al info I get so I learn I admit I Am new I didn't say his hens were fat when got them the birds are cracking pigeons I am hurt by that I ask question if I have over fed and if I ever do in future so I know how get weight sort its hurt me getting called liar and I want to learn so I ask questions

Not happy could liar I asked quest cause guy said could be tht av not liad a have no vermin I asked incase I fed them to much and incase a ever do i rite down al info I get so I learn I admit I Am new I didn't say his hens were fat when got them the birds are cracking pigeons I am hurt by that I ask question if I have over fed and if I ever do in future so I know how get weight sort its hurt me getting called liar and I want to learn so I ask questions

the only advice i can give you right now is to take it on the chin pal. keep asking the questions and you will learn .the answers you dont like ,take no notice of them ,simple as that .enjoy the birds you have , breed off them and fly the youngsters .

:animatedpigeons: