Whats Your Thoughts

Guest grizzler

Guest grizzler

i have posted this picture of a pigeons foot which was posted on a group discussion on facebook. it would be interesting to have your thoughts o whats wrong with this bird.

i think it could be the start of bumblefoot a baterial infection.

post-4899-13612134502621_thumb.jpg

Is it not some breed of pigeon that stands with a different posture putting pressure on the centre pads, causing them to flatten more than the rest of the foot?

Just a thought. I have a pair of nuns that have chubby little feet like that

Lee

I'm even more certain seeing the thickened hind toenail

looks like there been hard sh it stuck two its feet for some time then removed ;)

spot on john its had a clinker on it and removed gives a presuure sore

when standing on it :emoticon-0167-beer: :emoticon-0167-beer:

I have a cheq hen that will be 2yo this season she has webbed feet but has raced very well ,thinking it will maybe come in handy once she goes to the channel :lol: :lol:

anderson and browns kirkintillochs first gold award was a hen with webed feet , they called her webbie :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0140-rofl:

had a few with webbed feet myself but wernt worht a duck :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Edited by stb-

The pads are red & swollen, so the problem is inside, not out. Skin over the joints is also inflamed, looks to me like there's been cuts possibly caused by something like thread or twine that have allowed infection in.

Guest grizzler

Is it not some breed of pigeon that stands with a different posture putting pressure on the centre pads, causing them to flatten more than the rest of the foot?

Just a thought. I have a pair of nuns that have chubby little feet like that

Lee

I'm even more certain seeing the thickened hind toenail

yes,its a breed that stands differently than a racer,but have never seen this on my own fancy birds..i will let this run for another day and then tell you all what the group think it is and treatment for it

I have had what looks very simlar and they were Burns the birds had been roosting on the tube heater that came on during the night got it confirmed by Dr Henk Deweerd.

i have an old stock cock with feet like this his is caused bye climbing up the wire front of the loft everytime he sees me go past looking for a tip bit

i have posted this picture of a pigeons foot which was posted on a group discussion on facebook. it would be interesting to have your thoughts o whats wrong with this bird.

i think it could be the start of bumblefoot a baterial infection.

Pigeon has been standing in damp or wet droppings or what the old

Guys would say it had pit boots :animatedpigeons: