Ets V Clock

our club had a grant ,which enabled us to have ETS system for all lofts. we will be shortly looking to raise funds for battery replacements. the rings at £1.50 each do seem a little expensive , but have to accept that . theres an option to use a manual clock (though nobody does) or with better management ,keep fewer birds ?

Andy do you know how much battery replacement is? our clubs needing 14 soon (unicon)we were told in 2007 price everything could only go down more people used them cheaper it would get. Rings then £1 now £1,50 battery then £60 now ? 18in pad then £80 now ?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy do you know how much battery replacement is? our clubs needing 14 soon (unicon)we were told in 2007 price everything could only go down more people used them cheaper it would get. Rings then £1 now £1,50 battery then £60 now ? 18in pad then £80 now ?

i dont know for sure , was discussed yesterday ,and figures of £150 were spoken , but not confirmed as yet . :emoticon-0127-lipssealed::emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Was talking with the girl at unikon last week and she was saying its £79 for a new one in the race marker and the same for the base not sure about the pocket clocks though if thats what your enquiring about,if your club is not a member of the Unikon Club look into joining its £75 to join but members get half price warranty on Champ clocks and the club gets free maintenace and repairs on club equipment,rings are as low as £1.26 if purchased by the clubbut as to be a minimum of 50 and maximum of 1000.

Was talking with the girl at unikon last week and she was saying its £79 for a new one in the race marker and the same for the base not sure about the pocket clocks though if thats what your enquiring about,if your club is not a member of the Unikon Club look into joining its £75 to join but members get half price warranty on Champ clocks and the club gets free maintenace and repairs on club equipment,rings are as low as £1.26 if purchased by the clubbut as to be a minimum of 50 and maximum of 1000.

My club has 25 Unikon systems, we are building a fund which currently stands at £1200.00, I'm hoping for a substantial reduction in costs for multiple replacements. Our American counterpart, now on PigeonChat, Mrs Bouquet (formerly Hyacinth)says that the batteries are lasting for 10yrs in the States.

The bottom line is you have to pay for electronic technology to be maintained, and if you want the manufacturer to stay in business then regular maintenance is a necessary evil.

If the Club owns the ETS then steps must be taken to build a maintenance & replacement fund and likewise for fanciers.

The only thing thats moved forward in the last 5 years is price 50% same pocket clocks same pads same leads same batterys same rings to help the old age and dissabled my *expletive removed* im not knocking the system its the lies that the price could only come down iv got a choice the old age and dissabled havn't .When at tescos every time you hear the beep when theyre putting messages through its the exact same technoligy tin of coke 30p in tin ets ring in plastic £1,50

all lies universal con , they will double the price when there no clocks left :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Guest chad3646

all lies universal con , they will double the price when there no clocks left :emoticon-0138-thinking:

good enough for them, supposed to help the old boy,s that cant get about

try telling them that when they cant afford it

I appreciate both sides of the argument. For me no ETS no pigeon racing as I work most saturdays and can't guarantee being here to time in.

Where do you stop with fairness?

Some people have them in garden others have them on allotments.

Some peole have partners others dont.

Some people are in a good position and some people are not.

Some people work long hours and some do not work at all.

etc etc etc

We only use one pad at a time because the birds are trained to go in to one section only,old birds always use the same section,young birds always use their own section ,there is no running around a landing board to try and get in to different sections so do not see the need to have more than one pad.JMO [and the pad is inside the loft,not outside under a landing board]

i have 4 sects i could race from each would trap into their own sects so pad on each sect and inside loft not like many who have on outside

thats life aint it :emoticon-0140-rofl:

harry mate its about multi pads allowed and some guys who use man clocks being peenilised we all know yer got to have the birds but wonder how ets flyers would feel if there pads where chipped so they had to be nominated and only 1 could count its just a thought :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

[/quo

Good morning Alan, there is no level playing field in the doo game mate,if I go down to the club with 150 birds and a STB clock on race night and you come along with 6 birds and your ETS clock, would you say that you had the advantage over me with your ETS clock,don't think so, as I said there is no level playing field we just have to get on with it and enjoy our birds.

Wish you all the best for 2013 with whatever clocking system you use. :emoticon-0167-beer:

you know i dont or would not fly 150 birds not even a 3rde of that number your thinking of who we know who but they can please theirselves yes we all know its not fair but it can be ballanced fairer all the best for the coming season i,ll get yer to reg my ets rings lol :emoticon-0140-rofl:

ame='harry h' date='11 February 2013 - 09:42 AM' timestamp='1360575732' post='812911']

you know i dont or would not fly 150 birds not even a 3rde of that number your thinking of who we know who but they can please theirselves yes we all know its not fair but it can be ballanced fairer all the best for the coming season i,ll get yer to reg my ets rings lol :emoticon-0140-rofl:

*expletive removed* OFF, get your other wee mate Willie to doo them. :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

we will looking to raise funds , once we have a quote from Unikon ? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

andy i have noticed that the guys that run ets off a car battery seem to have a problem with this i have not heard of anyone that has mains power needing a battery ive had mine ten years no probs this makes me think that when a car battery is very low the ets is using its own battery to compensate

i have 4 sects i could race from each would trap into their own sects so pad on each sect and inside loft not like many who have on outside

thats life aint it :emoticon-0140-rofl:

One pad at a time sweet Jesus,that's all that I'm asking of you. :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

We're in the minority in the club now that don't have ETS.Some members using Unikon,some Bricon.

Thought about getting Unikon last year,but seeing as we'd need 3 pads the price is a bit off putting.

The Bricon one does look a good system,cheaper than Unikon and no members have ever had bother with it.Easier to use at marking as well.

Undecided,but if we are to get it will need to act soon.

No mains power at the lofts for the start of the season so we'll probably put it off another year.Lost a few positions to it the last couple of seasons though :emoticon-0179-headbang:

andy i have noticed that the guys that run ets off a car battery seem to have a problem with this i have not heard of anyone that has mains power needing a battery ive had mine ten years no probs this makes me think that when a car battery is very low the ets is using its own battery to compensate

Walter i understand the battery life on them is 5years ? our clock-setter has told us this ,will have taken view from Unikon information .i dont have the book-let to hand(were having work done on the house) .our club has had them now for 5 years ,and were expecting the worse , all members (15 flying lofts) use the mains ,most members only switch them on , on a Saturday .occasionaly for training ,1 member i know leaves it in situe all year round :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: .so i/we could be wrong ,but would like to be in a situation where we have the funds to cover any failings.

agree better safe than sorry but if your all on mains ill bet its a long tim e before you have to worrythis winter is the first time mines has been switched off in ten years on 24 7 a warning low battery comes on and you still have over a month of use before it goes off dougie bald told me but mines is the profesenal system not champ but would guess same battery

agree better safe than sorry but if your all on mains ill bet its a long tim e before you have to worrythis winter is the first time mines has been switched off in ten years on 24 7 a warning low battery comes on and you still have over a month of use before it goes off dougie bald told me but mines is the profesenal system not champ but would guess same battery

you could well be right Walter .understand its a 3 week turn-around to get new batteries into them ,if they went in the middle of the season ,would have a riot on our hands. :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: .again ,i dont know if the same battery either ??

you could well be right Walter .understand its a 3 week turn-around to get new batteries into them ,if they went in the middle of the season ,would have a riot on our hands. :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: .again ,i dont know if the same battery either ??

andy the low battery warning came on my base station at the begining of the year

i still managed to use it for the whole season then get the battery changed the following january,

the cost was £80 and a further £5 postage

ps- its the older style system i have,not the champ