Racing Pigeons

ghostrider

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will buy you a fresh loaf next time i see you for another story :emoticon-0136-giggle:

thanks andy il see what i can do m8 ran about with some real good guys and good pigeon fanciers when iwas young learned a lot and being the baby of the bunch forgot a lot but some gstatartreat times and great laughs i looked up to these guys and they neaver let me down good times

Its ok Annie is the boss,

girls rule boys drule wee elle says thats from a six year old what chance we got was cutting the grass last year woman next door shouts over does your wife no cut the grass walter only if its blocking the door of the mecca bingo i said yer dinners in the dug a voice said smart ass lol

Its ok Annie is the boss,

IF she gets the youngbirds to fly like she did her 12 she can be the boss lol

remember m8 she raced only 12 youngbirds 3 races she had the 1st 4 in club she sent 6, 6, 8. if my memory serves me right club members all took the P ish out of me until i pointed out she was doing the same to them

First bird i bought for 50p my oldman hated it said it would never be a doo its first S.N.F,C Race Rennes 1988 It was 1st club 1st fed 9th East Section 18th Open winning £187 he was sire gsire etc to 15 birds to be in the top 10 Positions S.N.F.C.3rd Open Sartilly 2nd Open La Ferte Bernard in 2006 i decided to to line breed back to him i got 11 l/breds ended up with 10 cocks 1 hen. In 2007 i put 10 rings on l/breds yougbirds in the nest of his National doos but just took 6 hens in 2008 raced them to Selby 165 miles then stopped them until i noticed the S.N.F.C were having a race from Ypres 426 miles. Day of basketing looked at them will i wont i fk it send some sent 6 10th Open and 20th Open 6 from 6 come Falaise 2 weeks later sent the yearling hen that was 20th Open Ypres back to Falaise 502 miles she was 187th Open shes been over the water 7 times (never raced 2011 ripped to bits by bop)52nd Arras,74thFalais only once out the top 3 in club in channel races i have 24 old birds from her in loft now so i will be racing 24 young-birds all down from her so no matter what yb i clock in this year it will make me think right back to the first bird i ever bought . Best 50p i ever spent

Great story Walter we had some good nights in the Railway Club

your right auld pal dont know if you knew wee pat docherty tam thats where that hen came from red hair real nice guy like yourself not many of us left tam lol had david round at the back end last year he was working and seen my name on the door said he thinking starting up again took him round to see the doos 20 stock cocks in section said pick what cock you like ill ring the yb off it for you if you start up the f r picked out my direct son of invincible spirit so he still knows a doo when he sees one lol but there his if he wants them lucky bassa

IF she gets the youngbirds to fly like she did her 12 she can be the boss lol

remember m8 she raced only 12 youngbirds 3 races she had the 1st 4 in club she sent 6, 6, 8. if my memory serves me right club members all took the P ish out of me until i pointed out she was doing the same to them

lol

First bird i bought for 50p my oldman hated it said it would never be a doo its first S.N.F,C Race Rennes 1988 It was 1st club 1st fed 9th East Section 18th Open winning £187 he was sire gsire etc to 15 birds to be in the top 10 Positions S.N.F.C.3rd Open Sartilly 2nd Open La Ferte Bernard in 2006 i decided to to line breed back to him i got 11 l/breds ended up with 10 cocks 1 hen. In 2007 i put 10 rings on l/breds yougbirds in the nest of his National doos but just took 6 hens in 2008 raced them to Selby 165 miles then stopped them until i noticed the S.N.F.C were having a race from Ypres 426 miles. Day of basketing looked at them will i wont i fk it send some sent 6 10th Open and 20th Open 6 from 6 come Falaise 2 weeks later sent the yearling hen that was 20th Open Ypres back to Falaise 502 miles she was 187th Open shes been over the water 7 times (never raced 2011 ripped to bits by bop)52nd Arras,74thFalais only once out the top 3 in club in channel races i have 24 old birds from her in loft now so i will be racing 24 young-birds all down from her so no matter what yb i clock in this year it will make me think right back to the first bird i ever bought . Best 50p i ever spent

if i give ye a pound will you get me two m8 great pigeon lol

Guest TAMMY_1

HOW LONG....

have you lads been flying pigeons

and what has been your best bird,ie wins etc

started flying since 1998 with my son who actually started up the pigeons with a few pair given to him by Norman Orr and Andrew Hamilton,after a few years he was more interested in other birds so they were all transferred to me and I raced on my own until I met Liz ,two birds stand out for me ,one being a little blue pied hen that won twice for me from Maidstone[just under 400 miles] while racing in Lanarkshire,one of the times she gained a fed ticket,still have her down here,the other bird that sticks out for me is a grizzzle hen Liz and I bred down here,the last two years she has been our first bird from Saintes [530 miles] but has been pipped in to second place in the club twice and she also gained a fed ticket in her race last year so hopefully if all goes to plan this year it might be 3rd time lucky for her if she manages to get to the longest race

Been into pigeons most of my life pouter type and for the last twenty years without a break flew them bred them and supplied them to mates in Glasgow and Gourock to try out.

Got into racers last year and really enjoyed it I was fortunate enough to win first club first section and second Lanarkshire fed with a blue barr hen she was timed 16 minutes and 19 seconds in front of the next bird timed in the club.

P.S. My son whose in partnership with me has named the hen Sixteen......pmsl

started racing in 1997 stopped in 2005 gave all birds away and started keeping horsemen pouters.in 2008 a good bird of mine came back a red ch red fox jancen cock i thought thats it i am not phoning again for another bird to be picked up.a few days later his hen came home and soon claimed their old box back.it was not long till eggs laid and yb,s hatched.then i got 1 of my top pairs coming home .i thought what a waste yb,s with no rings so i phoned a mate gav in my old club got a few old rings of him. with rings on them and looking good i then thought if i join my old club i could race the xmus race and get back in to racing 2009 .so thats what i did sent to xmus race 1 of the late breed yb,s that i rung was 6th .with me back in club i was on the look out to buy birds .a member in the club the late george logan had cancer and was selling most of his birds.so i got a good few from george and after his sad death i got the rest of them.so i started to brake them in at the start of 2009 .then racing started did not hope for much i new i had good birds and was doing my best but with broken birds .then again who was i to dought the birds. was not long till i got 1st club win with a late breed bred of the pair that cam back together. then birds just kept coming week in week out getting better all the time.at the end of my 1st old bird season back the birds won more of fed main trophy,s than any other fancier or club then a 9th open plus others s.n.f.c eastbourne nat 1st time at nationals with a broken hen then topped year of with a 1st and 2nd at the xmus open race again the winner was a broken hen from the late george logan who even tho dead i can,t thank enough. sfor birds to pick up 14 club fed and open trophy,s in 1st year back racing was unreal.when i wright it down it seems more unreal but thanks to the late george logan and his birds i came back in to racing with a bang.my best race so far has to be 1st time i sent birds to ypres the longest race for me to get in top 20 and top fed with a bird i bred myself from a sire from .strapper/paul holly x with a hen yet again from george logan.george logan is no longer with us but birds bred down from his still give a lot of fanciers a run for their money.

started racing in 1997 stopped in 2005 gave all birds away and started keeping horsemen pouters.in 2008 a good bird of mine came back a red ch red fox jancen cock i thought thats it i am not phoning again for another bird to be picked up.a few days later his hen came home and soon claimed their old box back.it was not long till eggs laid and yb,s hatched.then i got 1 of my top pairs coming home .i thought what a waste yb,s with no rings so i phoned a mate gav in my old club got a few old rings of him. with rings on them and looking good i then thought if i join my old club i could race the xmus race and get back in to racing 2009 .so thats what i did sent to xmus race 1 of the late breed yb,s that i rung was 6th .with me back in club i was on the look out to buy birds .a member in the club the late george logan had cancer and was selling most of his birds.so i got a good few from george and after his sad death i got the rest of them.so i started to brake them in at the start of 2009 .then racing started did not hope for much i new i had good birds and was doing my best but with broken birds .then again who was i to dought the birds. was not long till i got 1st club win with a late breed bred of the pair that cam back together. then birds just kept coming week in week out getting better all the time.at the end of my 1st old bird season back the birds won more of fed main trophy,s than any other fancier or club then a 9th open plus others s.n.f.c eastbourne nat 1st time at nationals with a broken hen then topped year of with a 1st and 2nd at the xmus open race again the winner was a broken hen from the late george logan who even tho dead i can,t thank enough. sfor birds to pick up 14 club fed and open trophy,s in 1st year back racing was unreal.when i wright it down it seems more unreal but thanks to the late george logan and his birds i came back in to racing with a bang.my best race so far has to be 1st time i sent birds to ypres the longest race for me to get in top 20 and top fed with a bird i bred myself from a sire from .strapper/paul holly x with a hen yet again from george logan.george logan is no longer with us but birds bred down from his still give a lot of fanciers a run for their money.

another good story ,keep em coming ,i am enjoying them :emoticon-0137-clapping:

i have kept pigeons allmost 40 years and had many great wins and memories one that sticks in my mind did not even win but gave me a great deal pride was the first time i got a pigeon on the shift from france so this is the story of the red hen a pal in the club was packing in and asked me to take some of his birds he was not a very good flyer and i was not much better to be honest but i had some well bred birds any way i got five birds of the guy as i was short of hens one was a red hen small to med after breaking them i find out the red hen is stone mad i only need to go near the loft and the red hen is battering off the wire to get away from me clawed ma face a few times and had her in my hands a few times to kill her she was so wild i sent her every race at that time my drinking buddies were vince hendry john mc fall and the late great john feenie of strathclyde lass fame snfc gold award winner it was basketing night for fed channel race i was in the loft trying to dig out something to send i had not put any work into them did not have hope of timer i started to put some peanuts in the tray and noticed the red hen was not there and she loved nuts it was 3 oclock aft noon all the cocks were sitting except hers my nest boxes were very dark i looked inside and she was sitting like a blacky low down in the bowl eyes very wide open she was sitting 14 days i picked her up she was lean an mean and light as a cork i put her on the floor to get some nuts and stood back but this wild nut job of a hen flew on to me clinging to my shirt i pulled her off putting her back on floor again she flew on to me what was wrong with her she hates me then the penny drops im standing in front of her box she climbs round me and gets in ive got one this time i said to my self this is what ive read about but neaver had a 2yr old she had all most every race so i knew she was fit she was tight and corky the way i was told they should be money was tight in those days and it was tues night no money to pull her in fed but made all pools and ladys prize in club sent two dumplins with her gets to club feenies putting the birds through i hand him the red hen as if she was a piece of glass you had to be very carefull with and waited on his expert jugement but he said nothing we all went to the pub after the birds went away my m8 vince asked me what i sent ihad 3 away he had a few away i told him about the red hen how i had neaver seen a bird so keen sounds good he said whats she done he said hows she bred nothing and dont know said i but shes right i know it ill get one on the day this time or ive learned nothing well you will know on friday hop you get her feenie comes back from the bar i cant contain my self i have to know what this great flyer and friend thought of her so i ask him what did you think of my red hen john not enough body on her he says my heart sank i expected him to say great order had i got it wrong again i went home wae ma tail between ma legs race day comes vince phones doos are up six oclock at falaise northwest wind hard race no be many the night a dont think we wish each other good luck and i sit and wait its starting to rain light drizzel the sky grey and its starting to get dark now the dout starts maybe shes a sprinter a dont even know if she was raced before i got her but she was super i thought and so keen i was so sure but feenie said she didnae have enough body and hes the man phone rings five to ten its vince am in wattie he said 5 to 10 well done i said ive got nothing i said but i was pleased for him he ma pal hope ye get one says he what about feenie is he in dont know vince said he nae phone down there think im only doo in club and its gie dark are ye gone for a pint when race shuts idnt think so i said see you lateter i go back out to wait back tae the drawing board for me vince phones again wullie kaines in five past ten dont think any more will get threw its to dark mind regulate yer clock incase ye get one in the morning i go back out its 10 15 im sick as a parrot i would have put ma shirt on that wee doo and i didnae even get an efort a know f k all about doos ive no got the doos and ive learned nothing i go into the loft and start killing birds thats done nothing i nut five then here a bang i peer through the darkness and the red hens on the board i clock her at ten twentynine yed have thought id won the national i wis runnin about the garden like a nutter shoutin a got one a f in got one i was right im gone tae the pub noo i said to the wife a walked in vince and some of the lads were there did you mind and controll yer clock he said i after a timed ma red hen are ye in well done you said yed get that doo and you did john feenie arives did you get one vince asks naw seven away and not a feather i herd you and wullie kane are the only two in the club i and watties in tae with an allpooler that red hen that didnae hiv enough body aw was like a dog with two tales in on the shift on a hard day and beat the great man never forget it hope you enjoy the story lads

enjoyed the story m8,just a wee downside you could have left out some of the text prior to timing your doo in!!!! ;) ;) ;)

i have kept pigeons allmost 40 years and had many great wins and memories one that sticks in my mind did not even win but gave me a great deal pride was the first time i got a pigeon on the shift from france so this is the story of the red hen a pal in the club was packing in and asked me to take some of his birds he was not a very good flyer and i was not much better to be honest but i had some well bred birds any way i got five birds of the guy as i was short of hens one was a red hen small to med after breaking them i find out the red hen is stone mad i only need to go near the loft and the red hen is battering off the wire to get away from me clawed ma face a few times and had her in my hands a few times to kill her she was so wild i sent her every race at that time my drinking buddies were vince hendry john mc fall and the late great john feenie of strathclyde lass fame snfc gold award winner it was basketing night for fed channel race i was in the loft trying to dig out something to send i had not put any work into them did not have hope of timer i started to put some peanuts in the tray and noticed the red hen was not there and she loved nuts it was 3 oclock aft noon all the cocks were sitting except hers my nest boxes were very dark i looked inside and she was sitting like a blacky low down in the bowl eyes very wide open she was sitting 14 days i picked her up she was lean an mean and light as a cork i put her on the floor to get some nuts and stood back but this wild nut job of a hen flew on to me clinging to my shirt i pulled her off putting her back on floor again she flew on to me what was wrong with her she hates me then the penny drops im standing in front of her box she climbs round me and gets in ive got one this time i said to my self this is what ive read about but neaver had a 2yr old she had all most every race so i knew she was fit she was tight and corky the way i was told they should be money was tight in those days and it was tues night no money to pull her in fed but made all pools and ladys prize in club sent two dumplins with her gets to club feenies putting the birds through i hand him the red hen as if she was a piece of glass you had to be very carefull with and waited on his expert jugement but he said nothing we all went to the pub after the birds went away my m8 vince asked me what i sent ihad 3 away he had a few away i told him about the red hen how i had neaver seen a bird so keen sounds good he said whats she done he said hows she bred nothing and dont know said i but shes right i know it ill get one on the day this time or ive learned nothing well you will know on friday hop you get her feenie comes back from the bar i cant contain my self i have to know what this great flyer and friend thought of her so i ask him what did you think of my red hen john not enough body on her he says my heart sank i expected him to say great order had i got it wrong again i went home wae ma tail between ma legs race day comes vince phones doos are up six oclock at falaise northwest wind hard race no be many the night a dont think we wish each other good luck and i sit and wait its starting to rain light drizzel the sky grey and its starting to get dark now the dout starts maybe shes a sprinter a dont even know if she was raced before i got her but she was super i thought and so keen i was so sure but feenie said she didnae have enough body and hes the man phone rings five to ten its vince am in wattie he said 5 to 10 well done i said ive got nothing i said but i was pleased for him he ma pal hope ye get one says he what about feenie is he in dont know vince said he nae phone down there think im only doo in club and its gie dark are ye gone for a pint when race shuts idnt think so i said see you lateter i go back out to wait back tae the drawing board for me vince phones again wullie kaines in five past ten dont think any more will get threw its to dark mind regulate yer clock incase ye get one in the morning i go back out its 10 15 im sick as a parrot i would have put ma shirt on that wee doo and i didnae even get an efort a know f k all about doos ive no got the doos and ive learned nothing i go into the loft and start killing birds thats done nothing i nut five then here a bang i peer through the darkness and the red hens on the board i clock her at ten twentynine yed have thought id won the national i wis runnin about the garden like a nutter shoutin a got one a f in got one i was right im gone tae the pub noo i said to the wife a walked in vince and some of the lads were there did you mind and controll yer clock he said i after a timed ma red hen are ye in well done you said yed get that doo and you did john feenie arives did you get one vince asks naw seven away and not a feather i herd you and wullie kane are the only two in the club i and watties in tae with an allpooler that red hen that didnae hiv enough body aw was like a dog with two tales in on the shift on a hard day and beat the great man never forget it hope you enjoy the story lads

i like this story a lot as it also reminds me of what to look for in a bird the corkyness ect and the getting the better of well knowen fanciers at nats now and again.

don,t like 1967s story that much as now when he beats me i will be thinking bet you 10 bob thats down of a bird he paid 50p for. best of luck with them stevie

i like this story a lot as it also reminds me of what to look for in a bird the corkyness ect and the getting the better of well knowen fanciers at nats now and again.

don,t like 1967s story that much as now when he beats me i will be thinking bet you 10 bob thats down of a bird he paid 50p for. best of luck with them stevie

it was all part of learning blas that same year i bought a book called 101 methods by jules galles all about motavation great book took me to another level still use same today loaned it to a friend neaver saw it again but its all in my head still lol