John Crowder

Guest maricelbill

i intend to. but first i want to see if he's worth calling. have you anything positive to add?

i will add a hen frm john bred 1st fed yb nat grand son 1st fed yb open newark by a distance.plus other club and fed tickets for her yb,s then she won 2nd in her class at show.so she can breed them and is good looking to.also gave a yb of her away to new fancier was best yb i his loft so some more tickets for a yb of her

i intend to. but first i want to see if he's worth calling. have you anything positive to add?

I think John Crowder is a much respected pigeon man and has been for many many years. I also think he is definately 'worth' calling. Hope that is 'positive' enough for you, so wind your neck in, nothing negative in my first post just good common sense. If you want to know something always best to get it first hand. Have a nice day :emoticon-0157-sun: :emoticon-0157-sun: :emoticon-0157-sun:

Guest maricelbill

I think John Crowder is a much respected pigeon man and has been for many many years. I also think he is definately 'worth' calling. Hope that is 'positive' enough for you, so wind your neck in, nothing negative in my first post just good common sense. If you want to know something always best to get it first hand. Have a nice day :emoticon-0157-sun: :emoticon-0157-sun: :emoticon-0157-sun:

it's bed time. i'll have a nice sleep <_<

i rang john crowder possibly 60 times from last july to last october. i got one answer. he wasn't in at the time. the phone was never picked up again so I stopped calling. he is much respected and i believe smashing bloke. gentleman. had many direct busschaerts. what i wanted to know was what particular birds is he associated with in his busschaerts. larkins had the musketeers etc. corbett the coppi etc.

but john crowder?

so now! you have it all B) B)

Guest maricelbill

i will add a hen frm john bred 1st fed yb nat grand son 1st fed yb open newark by a distance.plus other club and fed tickets for her yb,s then she won 2nd in her class at show.so she can breed them and is good looking to.also gave a yb of her away to new fancier was best yb i his loft so some more tickets for a yb of her

i hear different things about his birds. any particular of his lines they came from?

it's bed time. i'll have a nice sleep <_<

i rang john crowder possibly 60 times from last july to last october. i got one answer. he wasn't in at the time. the phone was never picked up again so I stopped calling. he is much respected and i believe smashing bloke. gentleman. had many direct busschaerts. what i wanted to know was what particular birds is he associated with in his busschaerts. larkins had the musketeers etc. corbett the coppi etc.

but john crowder?

so now! you have it all B) B)

john has not been in the best of health for the last few years but his bushys have won every where johns family of bshys are divided into 3 familys his plutos his little blk and the crayonne bushys he sold the rapido line a few year back make no mistake no one had better dirrect bushys than john and he is a fantastic stock man and also a true gent i visited him 3-4 years ago with a friend i have known John for well over 35 years

i do know his plutos are based on the dirrect hens out of pluto and the rost ck mosboro productive gent why not pay him a visit bill he will make you very welcome

i hear different things about his birds. any particular of his lines they came from?

no this hen came with she will be 1 of the foundation hens of your loft.their was some paper work with her but did not hold on to it as usual.sorry that's all i can say

i had birds from john in 70 80 90s and they done well , john had them of all the principal busschaerts every one of them and a better collection of the best could not be amased outside john crowders lofts . john is a gentleman and was agood freind to myself and also gifted some of his best birds . his prices were also working mans and were all same price.

have always found john to be STB

Have paid a visit on more than one occasion to the man to see his wonderful family of Pluto's, Crayonne's, Little Blacks. He may not be the most receptive man, until he gets to know you but thereafter,to me, he's been a good friend. I know sometime ago in one of the Squills books he had his family of directs that he owned but as to how much now they are removed now, I certainly wouldn't know.

Guest maricelbill

thanks lads,

i knew he was in poor health, Alan, i'd actually been informed that he was putting the lot up for sale a while back but it never transpired. so look, a visit won't go amiss and as you all say he is worth meeting. good tales to tell. i hope he has a large tea pot.

Bill.

thanks lads,

i knew he was in poor health, Alan, i'd actually been informed that he was putting the lot up for sale a while back but it never transpired. so look, a visit won't go amiss and as you all say he is worth meeting. good tales to tell. i hope he has a large tea pot.

Bill.

bill when i took my mate to see John i asked John to give my mate a tip John,s reply was have yer got a scrapper my mate replied yes john said throw it away the man is a pure genius and a true gent make no mistake he still has the best lines although now they be inbred remember also he had over 80 dirrect from buscheart

Guest strapper

i would think john has had many more good responses then bad, ask most and they say his name if you want quality busshies..

i have a few direct and also a few thats come off his birds sold to other sources.

Guest maricelbill

Have paid a visit on more than one occasion to the man to see his wonderful family of Pluto's, Crayonne's, Little Blacks. He may not be the most receptive man, until he gets to know you but thereafter,to me, he's been a good friend. I know sometime ago in one of the Squills books he had his family of directs that he owned but as to how much now they are removed now, I certainly wouldn't know.

thanks lads,

Bill.

think that might have been me that said john was selling most of his birds was only going by what john had said on phone

i would think john has had many more good responses then bad, ask most and they say his name if you want quality busshies..

i have a few direct and also a few thats come off his birds sold to other sources.

:emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

this is a pedigree of a pigeon my freind john crowder gave me about 15 yrs back the pigeon is rapido 63 ;the favourit::

he breed lot of good birds for me and other fanciers .

this is a pedigree of a pigeon my freind john crowder gave me about 15 yrs back the pigeon is rapido 63 ;the favourit::

he breed lot of good birds for me and other fanciers .

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy322/STB03/crowder001_zps130b989d.jpg

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy322/STB03/crowder004_zps283bb722.jpg

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy322/STB03/crowder003_zps0ba08c0d.jpg

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy322/STB03/crowder005_zps2c870973.jpg

anything left off that line now ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

anything left off that line now ?? :emoticon-0138-thinking:

yes andy still got some m8 a son and 2 grandsons were stolen in december from stock loft , but a good few grand children still kicking around ,

i crossed em with my little black birds from my old no 1 pair which were booth grand children of little black . :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0140-rofl:

i think the favourit breed 1990 was the last one from rapido 76 and his hen at 16 yrs old

Edited by stb-

Guest maricelbill

yes andy still got some m8 a son and 2 grandsons were stolen in december from stock loft , but a good few grand children still kicking around ,

i crossed em with my little black birds from my old no 1 pair which were booth grand children of little black . :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0140-rofl:

i think the favourit breed 1990 was the last one from rapido 76 and his hen at 16 yrs old

that's good stuff. I saw jp mcgough lamenting John has stopped issuing peds. loking at this I have to agree.

it would be nice to be able to track back. purely out of interest. but it does require tedious work and clearly John isn't up to it,

• 5 years later...

2018 April 12 last night i spoke directly to john crowder called home from Spain where i live to find out some info on the two birds mark jones and john jones kindly passed onto me. in all was a massive haul from Spain to get the birds in Holland but now i have them here and have bred some of the direct little blacks descendants. john was kind enough to take the time to explain how he does things and why the birds i have are direct from little black. as he keeps them all separate he added the blacks are descendants from little black. but what really opened my eyes was when he mentioned rappido was direct sister to little black i had never heard this before. he was telling me when he use to chat to George and how he offered him the best of what he had. he mentioned Silvi zoro as zoro was the daughter of little black old suten petra broken toe which was direct son f little black all the blacks he mentioned are directly related to the pair i have here. john then went onto mention he owned busscheart pride then we discussed how he use to sleep with the birds and had never been on holiday never drank or smoked . just listening to John made me smile then he told me one thing which was upsetting when he said he hasn't got long left here he is 80 years old and just had a major operation. which was little bit upsetting to say the least. his dedication is second to none just being able to speak to what i consider legends of our sport was for me like jr hartley finding his book.

john then said to me you can come here Gary whenever you like and pick from the best i have. i just sat there for was a few seconds with an open jaw and replied slowly with thank you sir.

i could have talked for days with him as we were both on mobiles it was costing a fortune so john kindly gave me his private home number. i shall call him next week to discuss pigeons in much more detail.

I hope that what i write helps somebody in some way to share information is good to see others gain from it is even better so what i have is yours we have to improve or sport and help the younger generation to realise what we had was majestic but as we all know times are changing but the old breed lives on Busschearts are being sourced after but i fear they are all not as they make out to be .

anybody can call me anytime on 0034 628588778 here in spain

or message me here

or

info@carpdreamfishing.com

as i am afishing guide on the river ebro spain for carp and catfish and zander

• 1 year later...