Versele-Laga, Pro Breeding + Racing

andyyy

Hello everyone! :) Just been looking on my local corn stores website about the price of corn and noticed that Versele-Laga, Pro Breeding + Racing Was just about the same price as there own make corn! I havent used this before as for the last few years i've been using there own which isn't a bad corn, However If Versele-Laga corn is alright i'll feed them that Just wondering If anyone could tell me what it's like, Thanks in advance, Andy.

Probably find the Versele_Lage is more polished / cleaner.

Good quality stuff, If i could get at the same price as my local stuff then i would.

Big company spends loads on dietry research to give the best balance.

Local corns are copies which there is nothing wrong with.

My loacl stuff is 10.95 for 20 kg, Gem allround that I am using just now is 13.75 for 25 kg, work out about the same.

Birds actually eat the 10.95 mix better that the other?

Dave

• 3 years later...

Hello everyone! :) Just been looking on my local corn stores website about the price of corn and noticed that Versele-Laga, Pro Breeding + Racing Was just about the same price as there own make corn! I havent used this before as for the last few years i've been using there own which isn't a bad corn, However If Versele-Laga corn is alright i'll feed them that Just wondering If anyone could tell me what it's like, Thanks in advance, Andy.

I noticed this corn was £9.50 today in the corn shop and looked a good clean corn

Guest johnhunter

I noticed this corn was £9.50 today in the corn shop and looked a good clean corn

neilla if you think it is good clean corn buy it,dont be swayed with all those fancy mixtures they are only a fecking rip of imo

neilla if you think it is good clean corn buy it,dont be swayed with all those fancy mixtures they are only a fecking rip of imo

I was thinking I could add some Barley or Beans to it depending on what the birds are doing distance wise and the time of the week etc

its 32% Maize 33% various Peas,16 % wheat ,7% dari and the other 12% of various small seeds that are listed

Purchased three bags of pro sport and have mixed a bag of beans and half a bag of barley with it pretty happy with the look of it and the price .I will add some fats to it once we get over 200 miles or so . I will try my cocks on it and leave the hens on the normal grub to see if it makes any difference

• 7 months later...

I read recently a top distance fancier fed this mix all year round and added beans during breeding

I did the same by adding 50 per cent beans during breeding

I was thinking of using it during the old bird season at one time with 30 per cent beans on a Sunday and 30 per cent barley Monday and Tuesday then straight or with some extra carbs and fat Thursday

I am no expert on corn but it looks a good mix for the price, just not sure why it is so cheap as to my untrained eye it looks clean and a. decent balance of grains to use as a base