Young Bird National

Rooster J. Cogburn

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surely there are options available to even up the odds as the results show that there is an advantage to certain areas

separate regional liberation might be a possibility. but with the weather we are having there is the possibility that the later libs could run into bad weather or not even be able to be liberated at all

another possible option could be an alternate measurement system as from the results it would seem that the birds aren't following the predicted route?

i herd a few people saying that you either send to the race and accept that your at a disadvantage. or DONT send

surely there a better option

Guest bernie w

i have spoken to guys that have done well in the respective young bird nationals be it the snfc or snrpc ,there is guys down the eyemouth area that just train their youngsters and jump them into the national and have won with em and sone have only had one race then in and done very well yet youngsters from the west with plenty of experience are miles behind these so call inexperienced birds from an easy area ,which absolutely prove 100% its all to do with location especialy in the y/bs .

Completely correct Stuart and it is the same all the way up the east. Although working overseas I managed to score in most yb nationals I sent however am struggling since moving back from Peterhead to Lesmahagow. Examples 1st Section Cheltenham 375miles one race from 90 miles. 2nd Section Redditch one race 52miles and the year I moved I was 11th section 72nd open Leicester no races two tosses from 60miles

Completely correct Stuart and it is the same all the way up the east. Although working overseas I managed to score in most yb nationals I sent however am struggling since moving back from Peterhead to Lesmahagow. Examples 1st Section Cheltenham 375miles one race from 90 miles. 2nd Section Redditch one race 52miles and the year I moved I was 11th section 72nd open Leicester no races two tosses from 60miles

you must of been some doo man cause nobody else up here can or could do that . i have flown well we my auld doos for the last few years but with the youngsters i have sent to the YBN 3 or 4 times and not got one in race time that i can think of . saying that i dont have the same motivation for youngsters . maybe you could enlighten us up here in how to do it ??

you must of been some doo man cause nobody else up here can or could do that . i have flown well we my auld doos for the last few years but with the youngsters i have sent to the YBN 3 or 4 times and not got one in race time that i can think of . saying that i dont have the same motivation for youngsters . maybe you could enlighten us up here in how to do it ??

simples easy doon the coast Robbie pmsl :emoticon-0167-beer:

i understand this one straight off , but would like to ask this , we have a long standing member of our club and fed who occasionaly only sends to 1 of the shorter yb races ,then hits our fed open race (over 200 miles) often getting a very good position and sometime winning it ,then a week later does the yb national , again doing very , very well . whats your opinion on this Rooster ??

Andy ,

If the Guy you are talking about is Graham! this man only trains from gifford 15 mls for the nationals and has been 2nd/3rd open in the gold cup ,because he is a farm worker he has no time to train his birds so just sends when he can to the races.

Hi Alan, if it's simples down the east coast you should do ok this year when you join the National,

your only 13.88 miles from the east coast and I should do even better because I'm only 11.98 miles

from the east coast. :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

maybe , but i believe him to be totally honest ,and from replies "dont think so" i also know his working hours and would find it really hard to find when he would have the time to get much if any training in to be honest ??

Andy ,If the Guy you are talking about is Graham! this man only trains from gifford 15 mls for the nationals and has been 2nd/3rd open in the gold cup ,because he is a farm worker he has no time to train his birds so just sends when he can to the races.

you know it is Colin , see my other post above . :emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

There were 15 pigeons timmed in section G before a pigeon was timmed in section E at Last years YBN Allan.The results are there for all to see.The West has no chance what so ever against the East at this race mate.

you know it is Colin , see my other post above . :emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping:

Andy it`s a pity you never met his mother she was incredible at picking your pool pigeon just by looking in your basket an incredible lady and the nat positions they won were also incredible.

I put a proposal for our fed to go a bit farther with the yb`s but nobody interested , it is already a very hard area to fly into but to expect them to jump 80/90mls we get what we get.

your right john and not just the yb nat its the same in the ob nat as well apart from an odd one or two in a west wind east sect birds are normally one hour in front of the west sect winner wee must be keeping monkeys though here only fair race in snfc program is ypres

ur wrong look at first inland national last five years and our records as good as anybodys

Andy it`s a pity you never met his mother she was incredible at picking your pool pigeon just by looking in your basket an incredible lady and the nat positions they won were also incredible.

I put a proposal for our fed to go a bit farther with the yb`s but nobody interested , it is already a very hard area to fly into but to expect them to jump 80/90mls we get what we get.

yes Colin , ive heard she was a legend .ask Spider about his poolers , said a few times ,did you "pool" such and such , er no ,why ? says he , me "it will win tommorow" ,he,s lost out a few times for not listening to me ,but its been to my benefit :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

sorry, i had done distances and loft locations, but its been lost in cyberland :-(

jeez SEC E and F very seldom on result with quite a reasonable sized birdage sect g has a lot on result with only a fraction of the birds sent .

just shows easy oozy B to G on the sea :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

As someone stated earlier on here, "simples". Train yer bird tae fly dog-legs, n they will fly dog-legs.

Train them tae fly straight lines, then maybe ye hae a chance, thousands o birds entered, only one can win ;)

Course ye can always move tae the coast n make it easy :lol: