Andre Van Meert And Canker

Wiley

Reading up on the past international and national winner and noticed his canker treatment is out of the ordinary, by putting two 500mg flagyl tablets dissolved in two litres of water. Has anyone tried this? How effective did you feel the treatment was?

I use the flagyl tablets for canker but not in the same way.

I give each bird half a tablet each.

You can get them for a couple pounds and can do 80 birds per packet.

Steve

Reading up on the past international and national winner and noticed his canker treatment is out of the ordinary, by putting two 500mg flagyl tablets dissolved in two litres of water. Has anyone tried this? How effective did you feel the treatment was?

I've done that with my yb's Ryan but never got them tested so dont know if it done them any good or not? I have also used a tablet crusher to turn them into powder and put them on the feeding along with a little oil at times aswell..

I got the 500mg tabs the last time i was in Turkey 2 years ago i think i got 6 boxes still got a couple left yet but i will get more when we go back this year after the racing

Steve, I also do the same as you. I thought the way Andre was very unconventional, and was seeing if anyone done something similar to Andre dissolving the tablets, it only works out 1g per 2 litres, when most metrondizole medications are 5g per 2 litres for example.

I've done that with my yb's Ryan but never got them tested so dont know if it done them any good or not? I have also used a tablet crusher to turn them into powder and put them on the feeding along with a little oil at times aswell..

I got the 500mg tabs the last time i was in Turkey 2 years ago i think i got 6 boxes still got a couple left yet but i will get more when we go back this year after the racing

Cheers for your input Alf, I also do similar by buying abroad, infact any family members that go abroad brings back a pack or two. The powder on the grain sounds a great idea

Cheers for your input Alf, I also do similar by buying abroad, infact any family members that go abroad brings back a pack or two. The powder on the grain sounds a great idea

I just do it with the yb's too much hassle catching them to give them all 1/4 of a tab so after buying a tablet cutter i noticed it had the crusher on it too so i just crush 2 or 3 tablets depending on how many yb's i am treating and mix it on the grub with a little oil

I get mine from Spain only costs 2 euro per packet. I get a years worth each time I go.

Steve

I get mine from Spain only costs 2 euro per packet. I get a years worth each time I go.

Steve

They are a slightly cheaper in Turkey but you get 500mg tabs for just over 4 lira and you get 2.70 lira to the pound just now so a good deal compared to here :emoticon-0157-sun: I have got them from Spain aswell no probs but we have went to Turkey for our hols the last 4 or 5 years :emoticon-0157-sun: :emoticon-0157-sun: :emoticon-0157-sun:

i all so put them in drinker 3 tabs for a 3 pint 5 for a 5 pint iput them a jug with boiling water stir till they melt dont get canker so it must work to alf where did you get them in turkey daughter could not get for me there thanks

Got them in the Chemist no problem Wattie but most only hold a couple of boxes at a time but there are plenty about so i just bought what they had at the time as we were out walking :emoticon-0157-sun:

i all so put them in drinker 3 tabs for a 3 pint 5 for a 5 pint iput them a jug with boiling water stir till they melt dont get canker so it must work to alf where did you get them in turkey daughter could not get for me there thanks

not sure about the boiling water as that might have an effect on the potency but a hour steeped in a glass would melt them down, the tabs come in 3 strengths 200mg,250mg,500mg they have the name of metronidazole as flagyl is just a description of the problem used by vets not the drug the human name is metronidazole

you would ask the chemist for it in most euro places if they ask you why you need it just say you have a tooth absess dont say the wife need it in case they ask you to describe it

Guest geordiejen

pretty sure flagyl and metronidozole is the same thing.just a different name.giving the birds garlic regularly should keep canker at bay.i wouldnt advise anyone on using antibiotics on a regular basis.if your birds dont have a canker problem then i wouldnt use it.

think this just weakens the treatment and would make canker immune to it :001:

guys what are yous on about the post was does flagyl tabs mixed in water work my self and other guys who have used it for years have said it works fine and how we use it flagyl is for bladder infections in humans how do iknow this ive taken it to boots pharmacy and asked what it was for and you can get here but you need a note from a doctor allso do not put vinegar in drinkers with any pigeon med as it will kill the med stone dead vinegar is acetic acid if your useing flagyl liquid mix two teaspoons in to a two liter milk carton give it a shake empty your drinker feed your birds then fill drinker while the birds are thirsty job done

guys what are yous on about the post was does flagyl tabs mixed in water work my self and other guys who have used it for years have said it works fine and how we use it flagyl is for bladder infections in humans how do iknow this ive taken it to boots pharmacy and asked what it was for and you can get here but you need a note from a doctor allso do not put vinegar in drinkers with any pigeon med as it will kill the med stone dead vinegar is acetic acid if your useing flagyl liquid mix two teaspoons in to a two liter milk carton give it a shake empty your drinker feed your birds then fill drinker while the birds are thirsty job done

http://www.pipa.be/en/node/56244