Snfc Region Changes

Guest stb-

looking at the map and the lines drawn its going to p*ss a lot of folk of , as the print of the map is of a very poor quality its difficult to make outthe exact lines of the regions , but does look like i could be in the west region where the rest of my club mates will be in the mid west region

competing against st andrews down to north berwick , a wouldny think it would be worth any off them sendin doos, its supposed to make it fairer and to compensate for the prevailing wet wind but for the lads in that position it will be 100 times worse , canny see how it makes it only 28 miles apart as its 63 miles to north berwick fae here across the way due east , far better stickin tae feds area me thinks, also looking at the east region theres not much land mass in it mostly all north sea :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Edited by stb-

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maps very poor but reading what they are saying MAYBE it would be fairer ?

canny really understand it john its supposed tae make it only 28 miles across each section but i know its 63 miles across tae north berwick fae here so where they gettin the 28 miles fae , as jocky said leave well alone , to me looks like a new map to suit the proposers :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

heard a couple of weeks ago it was coming back to this years AGM again but will wait and see what happens at the meeting

scotland lays across the way and north tae sooth is from stranraer to frazerburgh roughly so why no have the section lines runnin the same way

north to south instead of up and down the way as the way its drawn doseny

really take in the west wind advantage as they would have you believe. Its funny how theproposer always seem tae have the most tae gain :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

canny really understand it john its supposed tae make it only 28 miles across each section but i know its 63 miles across tae north berwick fae here so where they gettin the 28 miles fae , as jocky said leave well alone , to me looks like a new map to suit the proposers :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

the mid west section stops at the edge of east calder not north berwick. i dont like it but its fairier

the mid west section stops at the edge of east calder not north berwick.

would help if you could see it :emoticon-0140-rofl: but that would still mean guys in my club competing agaist east calder then davie canny see that goin doon weel . It will never be fair as pigeon racing can never be unless all in the same loft but it dosent need to be ludicrous :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Edited by stb-

See a couple of members mentioning a map.Our envelope didn't include one.

Is it just the exact same as the one last year?

dont know if you could call my 3 bits of paper a map either :emoticon-0140-rofl: its that black and blurry i thot east calder was north berwick

think ill look out last years stuff :emoticon-0167-beer:

The maps are very poor but from what I can see the west / mid west boundary line runs right through the heart of Lanarkshire and right through the centre of Blantyre where I live, so not sure which region I would end up in. Not withstanding this I'm dead against this proposal as the only people to gain any real advantage are those in the Stirling area where the proposers are located, if his were to be adopted then I can see an exodus of west section fanciers to the SNRPC which will be of no benefit to the SNFC, IMO far better to leave things as they are at present.

Davie

i think it would be a good idea . we fly on the coast in the gourdon club between montrose and stonhaven ,from some of the race pionts if you took a straight line our birds would have to cover the whole race across water ,i would love to think they could do it but they don t . i think it safe to say birds will make for land for saftey

A few questions, Not 100 % sure on the answers??

Will it affect diplomas?

From what I can see the current format is only to state the position won in the sections A,B,C,D etc. and the open position. If this is continued if the change goes through I would say no.

Will it encourage members to send ie. Bigger birdages ?

I don’t see why it should or shouldn’t but realistically I would say no.

Will it give fanciers a better chance of picking up Silverware at the dance and/or receiving greater recognition for their achievements?

Again I’d be tempted to say no.

Will it shrink the area fanciers in the current East and West region are betting in.

Yes

Is this a good thing?

For some yes for others no-Some lofts are being taken out of regions and moved to others where they are flying for less pools.

Will it affect the outcome of the Open results and make actual racing fairer/better spread with greater returns?

No

Is it a distraction from things that really matter such as trying to encourage members to send to races and improving the races themselves through route, distances, prize money in the Sections etc ?

I’d be tempted to say yes

All in all I feel the same as I felt about it this time last year- impartial/not at all a*sed

would help if you could see it :emoticon-0140-rofl: but that would still mean guys in my club competing agaist east calder then davie canny see that goin doon weel . It will never be fair as pigeon racing can never be unless all in the same loft but it dosent need to be ludicrous :emoticon-0138-thinking:

i agree with you. i will vote against it. but im sure boys from your area fly with almond valley fed already. lets hope it gets people 2 the meeting 2 stop it

This was discussed at Committee level and the only one who thought it was a good idea was Phil Lynch, every other committee member was against it. So a 28 ml region makes it fairer, only until this passes then they will want it reduced to 14ml then 7 then 3 then everyone will have their own wee region to fly in. FF sake its a National Club, think we should go back to 4 sections, stuff the regions, North South East n West, thats what it was before and nae problems and thats what I,m going to propose from the floor as an ammendment to this proposal, Back to Basics.

This was discussed at Committee level and the only one who thought it was a good idea was Phil Lynch, every other committee member was against it. So a 28 ml region makes it fairer, only until this passes then they will want it reduced to 14ml then 7 then 3 then everyone will have their own wee region to fly in. FF sake its a National Club, think we should go back to 4 sections, stuff the regions, North South East n West, thats what it was before and nae problems and thats what I,m going to propose from the floor as an ammendment to this proposal, Back to Basics. Oh and tell Big Gub to Shut the f up as he aint a member and aint got a say.

another proposal from the floor could be to do away with North,South,East and West and go with A,B,C,D,E,F,G ??

all it would do is the same the thing-Take away a betting column from the pools sheet :emoticon-0136-giggle: we wouldnae have to throw out as many trophies either :lol:

I see the agm is being held in Stenhousemuir this year.I wonder why that is ????

Del, thought you were at the windup when I read your post, then I checked the info sheet and the AGM is in Stenhousemuir !!!!!, sure we don't have to wonder why,!! It's a no brainier