Snfc Region Changes

Guest stb-

Del, thought you were at the windup when I read your post, then I checked the info sheet and the AGM is in Stenhousemuir !!!!!, sure we don't have to wonder why,!! It's a no brainier

its a no brain proposal :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was discussed at Committee level and the only one who thought it was a good idea was Phil Lynch, every other committee member was against it. So a 28 ml region makes it fairer, only until this passes then they will want it reduced to 14ml then 7 then 3 then everyone will have their own wee region to fly in. FF sake its a National Club, think we should go back to 4 sections, stuff the regions, North South East n West, thats what it was before and nae problems and thats what I,m going to propose from the floor as an ammendment to this proposal, Back to Basics. Oh and tell Big Gub to Shut the f up as he aint a member and aint got a say.

agree with you 4 sections north south east and west

Ive said it before 100 times, breaking point and fatigue factor is the only way to fair things up a wee bit.The pools would be brilliant and no need for any sections.Will this happen?, no fekin chance would anyone want fairness

how would this work in a nat race then.

how would this work in a nat race then.

How would it work?? John Houstan wrote an article about it years ago, the likes of the yb national, the breaking point would be Eyemouth/Ayton and you would be measured from there. Fatigue, wind, terrain and weather conditions factors would all come into it and a formula for these would be implemented. Billy Bilsland timed at 12.51 to win the yb nat. this year, 1st west section was won 80+ miles from him and timed at 3.20pm. Bilsland would still beat the west section winner with this format but it would be made slightly fairer.Both these pigeons were undoubtedly in the leading batches and possibly together but the gulf between them is unbelievable. The breaking point/fatigue factor system only levels it up a small bit and the guys lying east in a west wind are still advantaged greatly.

How would it work?? John Houstan wrote an article about it years ago, the likes of the yb national, the breaking point would be Eyemouth/Ayton and you would be measured from there. Fatigue, wind, terrain and weather conditions factors would all come into it and a formula for these would be implemented. Billy Bilsland timed at 12.51 to win the yb nat. this year, 1st west section was won 80+ miles from him and timed at 3.20pm. Bilsland would still beat the west section winner with this format but it would be made slightly fairer.Both these pigeons were undoubtedly in the leading batches and possibly together but the gulf between them is unbelievable. The breaking point/fatigue factor system only levels it up a small bit and the guys lying east in a west wind are still advantaged greatly.

:emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

spot on Del :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Would the south get measured from this breaking point?

how does it work does that mean the south section birds would be measured from eyemouth 2 gretna in the y/b/n then,

and what would happen when the 1st bird clocked in a old bird nat was in gretna does that mean everybody would be measured from gretna.

Would the south get measured from this breaking point?

[/quote

If flying shorter than the breaking point then im sure the breaking point would have to move further down the country on the line of the race point and to the first timed, then a measurement would be taken from that line.eg.Newcastle from the yb national would be accurate, I think.That would give the Annan guys maybe 224 miles.( 162mls from leicester - Newcastle then 62mls across to Annan.)Remember, thats only distance, you have other factors too!!!

Maybe, another way in the future is, as things progress with ets etc, trackers would be built into the rings and all the winning birds timed in each section would be measured by what distance there pigeon had flown in the tracker. Its all food for thought lads, im no scientist but I know it is possible to get things made a wee bit fairer.

This was discussed at Committee level and the only one who thought it was a good idea was Phil Lynch, every other committee member was against it. So a 28 ml region makes it fairer, only until this passes then they will want it reduced to 14ml then 7 then 3 then everyone will have their own wee region to fly in. FF sake its a National Club, think we should go back to 4 sections, stuff the regions, North South East n West, thats what it was before and nae problems and thats what I,m going to propose from the floor as an ammendment to this proposal, Back to Basics.

I feel much the same. NSE&W does sound simple and straightforward, but splitting these '4' into '6' and then overlaying the A to G bit on top isn't. I do believe there is a need for a Centre Section that's neither east nor west, but IMO this is not the way to achieve it. '4' into '5' + 'Open' and nowt else is simple and means fewer little partitions to divide the prize money pot between and might actually make it worth winning. Dipping into the annual interest that £100K earns to bolster the prize money might be another way of attracting new membership.JMO

i dont fly in nationals or am i a member of any at the moment but was speaking to a couple of member who are or should i now say were ? they didnt seem too happy with the carve up (there words) the agm purposely where it is to get votes because west members wont travel to there (there words) and the birdage cost going up 50% (there words) a race last year being 2.00 per bird now 3.00 per bird i dont think i will bother joining but join the wee national as they say will become the big national the amount of people that will be p----- o-- with these desisions (there words) what you think

i dont fly in nationals or am i a member of any at the moment but was speaking to a couple of member who are or should i now say were ? they didnt seem too happy with the carve up (there words) the agm purposely where it is to get votes because west members wont travel to there (there words) and the birdage cost going up 50% (there words) a race last year being 2.00 per bird now 3.00 per bird i dont think i will bother joining but join the wee national as they say will become the big national the amount of people that will be p----- o-- with these desisions (there words) what you think

dont think it will pass

1st reg b ayton= 12.51.24 distance 228ml 3yrds. vel. 1377.09

1st reg d broxburn 14.22.58 distance 249ml 1210 yrds vel. 1147.59

1st reg e dennyloan head 15.18.58 distance 260ml 1639 yrds vel. 1046.17

ayton 2 broxburn as the crow flys 52. mls time 1.31mins 2 cover 52.mls. vel 1005

broxburn 2 dennyloanhead as the crow flys 17.ml time 56mins 2 cover 17.mls vel 534

Sect D winner in y/b national landed with my 2nd pigeon, which was 5 minutes after my first. It was timed 10 mins later in Broxburn probs abt 7-8 miles as the crow flies, so it wisnae in the leading batch, neither was my FIRST pigeon!

A very interesting proposiition that should have been implemented 100 years ago at the conception of the SNFC if the fanciers from the East & West did not scupper it.

Over the years the East & West fanciers have went out of their way to make sure 1500 fanciers in the North West, Central & Fife West of Dunfermline would either not be allowed to leave the East Section because of the pools they would lose and the West Section members were scared of the pools they would lose to them not that they ever gave the thought that it would increase the pools available.

I recall a similar proposition a couple of years back and Charlie Graham laid on 4 buses from the East to defeat it.

All I have read so far with the exception of a decent minded few REAL FANCIERS are the usual I am alright Jack and expletive removed* you.

1st reg b ayton= 12.51.24 distance 228ml 3yrds. vel. 1377.09

1st reg d broxburn 14.22.58 distance 249ml 1210 yrds vel. 1147.59

1st reg e dennyloan head 15.18.58 distance 260ml 1639 yrds vel. 1046.17

ayton 2 broxburn as the crow flys 52. mls time 1.31mins 2 cover 52.mls. vel 1005

broxburn 2 dennyloanhead as the crow flys 17.ml time 56mins 2 cover 17.mls vel 534

EXACTLY , what does that tell ye??? Remember before ye answer, Billy Bilsland came from through here lol, This highlights how unfair the doo game is, does it not.

thats facts, no excuses delboy all there 2 see. have i lied about any of it

No lies here Davy, just facts and evidence for my case.

so how doe,s this work with jim hannah davey eillot wee billy alison for they dont have any bother timeing in the west sec in the nats , jmo :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: oops and jock aliston

lol, another flop m8.Do your homework freeloader

[/b]

EXACTLY , what does that tell ye??? Remember before ye answer, Billy Bilsland came from through here lol, This highlights how unfair the doo game is, does it not.

del its pigeon racing and have a happy new year and all the best for 2013 with snfc.