Keeping Records

Guest geordiejen

I use a loft book annuallyhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0138-thinking.gif record all breeding pairs and also their offspring, for future reference.http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

I have a card pinned on each nest box on which I jot down the pair's ring numbers & date paired. Then for every round of eggs, the dates when the eggs were laid & hatched, and the youngsters ring numbers. I also add a note (a tick) when I've seen the youngsters eating & drinking in the box which is usually the time I shift them to the y/b end.

I duplicate most of the info from the card onto a microsoft excel spreadsheet. And at the end of the year I enter youngsters left at the end of the racing into LoftBase, my loft management programme, and that helps me keep track of their parentage & relationships to all other birds in the loft.

I just keep a book, with parents ring numbers and what they breed and at end of season highlight whats in loft, whats dead + whats

lost in different colours of course with a key that way i know whats bred out of what and what happened to what.

Find this the easiest way in my opinion :)

Guest TAMMY_1

an ordinary book and pen for all data keeps it simple :001: :001: :001:

:emoticon-0140-rofl:

aye just like yourself

hope you and Babs and the family have a happy New Year mate and wee acer as well ,cannae forget him now can we

just write down yb s ring numbers when i move them to wean and put sire and dams ring no next to them dont bother writing all pairs down as only breed from certain ones , if i move eggs i just write the box number they came from on the nest box with pencil and date it :emoticon-0167-beer: