The Held

Guest maricelbill

Guest maricelbill

WHO CAN HELP WITH A PIGEON CALLED THE HELD. ALSO HOW THE KLAREN LINE IS ALSO IN THE WILDERMESH THROUGH HALF BROTHERS OF THE KLAREN. WHO CAN PIECE TOGETHER THAT JIGSAW.

WHO CAN HELP WITH A PIGEON CALLED THE HELD. ALSO HOW THE KLAREN LINE IS ALSO IN THE WILDERMESH THROUGH HALF BROTHERS OF THE KLAREN. WHO CAN PIECE TOGETHER THAT JIGSAW.

I believe that Eddie Wright of Fountainhead Lofts had a pigeon called ^THE HELD^ If I remember correctly it was a Kellens x Wildimercsh.

I believe that Eddie Wright of Fountainhead Lofts had a pigeon called ^THE HELD^ If I remember correctly it was a Kellens x Wildimercsh.

HELD was a kellens bird great producer

also FONDMAN and WHITE HEAT were top producers and

related to a good kellens cock i used to have BYTER

purchaced from les wittaker of wolverhampton

there was also a bird called YOUNG HELD

Guest maricelbill

so can we trace this back to the klaren of busschaert. or rather half brothers of the klaren i think the held comes down from this line from Theo Guilbert pigeons via Desmet Mathyjs.

homework for someone lol

so can we trace this back to the klaren of busschaert. or rather half brothers of the klaren i think the held comes down from this line from Theo Guilbert pigeons via Desmet Mathyjs.

homework for someone lol

In 1946 the "Klaren" was born, and this was the beginning of a superb line of the Desmet-Matthijs birds. The "Klaren" was not a beautiful bird. A lot of fanciers who thought they knew everything selected the "Klaren" out. But Valère and Jules kept the "Klaren" because when he came home he was just like a stone that fell out of heaven. Unbelievable. Race after race, his "success-list" became more impressive, and in 1950 the "Klaren" won the 1st national from Chateauroux. In all, he won in six years' time 66 prizes representing 11 victories. More important was the race-money he won. In total "Klaren" won 500,000 old Belgian francs, and I can guarantee you that was a lot of money in those days.

Once in the breeding loft, the "Klaren" became the father of several top birds and lived to be 21 years old.

Meanwhile, the combination Desmet-Matthijs became the best loft in all of Belgium. Week after week, they put top results on paper. Of course there are always people of bad intent, and on a dark December evening, all the top widowers were stolen. At this time, the "Blesse" and four sons of the "Klaren" were stolen. The "Klaren" himself was not stolen because a few days before he had been moved to another loft to couple him.

THE RETURN

But Valère Desmet knew what it meant to "fight back," and with the help of some friends they came back. The hens were not stolen, and therefore Jules and Valère searched for cocks. From Andre De Moor (Scheldewindeke), they bought two cocks, and from Remi Gadeyne (Hooglede) they bought two sons from his famous "Dokus." Daughters of the "Klaren" were coupled with top widowers from some friends. A blue cock from Gaby Verstraete (Balgerhoeke) through Gilbert Van de Weghe (Olsene) was coupled with a daughter of the "Klaren" and they gave "De Genaaide" and "De Rik," two nest brothers that flew extremely well.

The year 1954 was an extremely good breeding year for Desmet-Matthijs. Top birds like "Het Bleekske" from R. Van de Velde and the "Rosten Tanghe" from Robert Tanghe (Roeselare) came to Nokere to breed.

The "Klaren" was coupled to "Het Nootje" from Remi Spiers (Melden) and out of this coupling "De Schonen" was born. There was no end to this success story. The dominance of the combination Desmet-Matthijs was established for years.

In 1955 Jules married--at 40 years old--and he moved to Waregem. With him he took a round of youngbirds and he also raced very well. But unfortunately, his wife died and suddenly all of Jules' interest in the pigeon sport was gone. From that moment Valère Desmet made a racing partnership with his wife Marie Matthijs--a world-famous name.

A portrait of the "Klaren" --one of Roger Desmet-Matthijs' champions