Prize Money In Clubs

Guest john bancroft

Guest john bancroft

what in your opinion is the best method , as far as prize money goes,in our club for many years we just had £3.00 per loft the most members sent would be 9 ,divided 4o% 30% 20% 10% for next year it will be 25p per pigeon it got carried by 3 votes that will be above the 65p birdage charge making it 90p a bird ,i know it doesn@ suit the fanciers sending a lot of birds as sec of the club personally i don't think 25p is over the top i would like to know how other clubs deal with the prize money besides prize money we have the gold ring race @ our landlord sponsors a points league, 10 points to the first points PIGEON CLOCKED DOWN TO ONE POINT FOR THE FULL SEASON AT THE END OF THE SEASON THE WINNER £100 2nd 50 3rd 25,he also sponsors[/the first 3 young bird races a member nominates 5 birds they can be changed each week the best av over the 3 races wins £50.00

This I believe is the way our club as always dealt with the prize money,we pay x amount per bird in the club to send our pigeons,the Federation that we are in charges us x amount for transporting them,whatever is left at the end of the season is split equally between each race 40% 30% 20% 10%,the old bird money is separate from the young birds.

what in your opinion is the best method , as far as prize money goes,in our club for many years we just had £3.00 per loft the most members sent would be 9 ,divided 4o% 30% 20% 10% for next year it will be 25p per pigeon it got carried by 3 votes that will be above the 65p birdage charge making it 90p a bird ,i know it doesn@ suit the fanciers sending a lot of birds as sec of the club personally i don't think 25p is over the top i would like to know how other clubs deal with the prize money besides prize money we have the gold ring race @ our landlord sponsors a points league, 10 points to the first points PIGEON CLOCKED DOWN TO ONE POINT FOR THE FULL SEASON AT THE END OF THE SEASON THE WINNER £100 2nd 50 3rd 25,he also sponsors[/the first 3 young bird races a member nominates 5 birds they can be changed each week the best av over the 3 races wins £50.00

are your members allowed to opt out of the pools and just pay the 65p per bird

as we have a few members who dont bet on their birds and just send for a race ticket/trophy

Guest john bancroft

are your members allowed to opt out of the pools and just pay the 65p per bird

as we have a few members who dont bet on their birds and just send for a race ticket/trophy

Guest john bancroft

it is not pools like 5p 10p 25p ect it is every member has to pay 25p above the fed @clubwhich as you know £5.oo for 20 but if a fancier sent 60 he would have to pay £15.00 the season just ended it didn't matter how many birds a fancier sent he would only pay the £3.oo wether he sent 1 or how ever many

Guest john bancroft

This I believe is the way our club as always dealt with the prize money,we pay x amount per bird in the club to send our pigeons,the Federation that we are in charges us x amount for transporting them,whatever is left at the end of the season is split equally between each race 40% 30% 20% 10%,the old bird money is separate from the young birds.

SO HOW MUCH IN TOTAL DO YOU PAY PER BIRD

It is illegal to force anyone to gamble, monies must not be taken from fees or any other monies paid by the fancier and used for prize monies without the agreement of the fancier, if anyone wants to opt out of flying for prize money it is their decision not the clubs.

My club charge 50p per pigeon of which around 32p goes to the fed, the reminder is split into prize money @ 40% 30% 20% 10%

My own opinion is that I think it more fair to do away with prize money and just pay the fed pro-rata per pigeon and those of us that want to race for money should do so by pools alone.

Guest john bancroft

My club charge 50p per pigeon of which around 32p goes to the fed, the reminder is split into prize money @ 40% 30% 20% 10%

My own opinion is that I think it more fair to do away with prize money and just pay the fed pro-rata per pigeon and those of us that want to race for money should do so by pools alone.

Guest john bancroft

THATS CHEAP CARRIDGE OUR CHARGE WILL BE 49P A BIRD 46P CARRIDGE @3P TO THE FED IT WOULD BE INTRESTING TO KNOW THAT IF YOU HAD A VOTE IN THE CLUB TO SEE WHO WANTED TO RACE FOR PRIZE MONEY @ THE ONES WHO DONT

Guest john bancroft

It is illegal to force anyone to gamble, monies must not be taken from fees or any other monies paid by the fancier and used for prize monies without the agreement of the fancier, if anyone wants to opt out of flying for prize money it is their decision not the clubs.

Guest john bancroft

GOOD ANSWER MUSHROOM SO IF THAT IS THE CASE THE PROPOSITION THAT WAS PASSED AT THE A G.M SAYING DELEAT EX RULE £3.00 INSERT NEW RULE 25P PER BIRD PRIZE MONEY IS OUT OF ORDER BECAUSE IT MEANS EVERY ONE HAS TO TAKE PART IN THE PRIZE MONEY @ THE PREVIOUS RULE OF £3.00 WAS ALSO OUT OF ORDER ,TELL ME APART FROM POOLING WHICH IS OPTINAL HOW CAN A CLUB PAY OUT PRIZE MONEY ,DO YOU MAKE IT SO MUCH A BIRD AND WHAT IS LEFT PAY OUT , THANKS NEED YOUR ANSWERS

last year our club prize money was only £3 £2 and a £1 as it was reduced because lack of clubs funds. it will be going up this year also club members will be able to send i think 10 free birds.to be decided at club agm.our club runs a tote cost £3 per week you can win £40 per week in tote think off hand i have won £110 so far this year which is about normal. club pays all fed fees shu fees and any other fees we need to pay also pays for engraving of trophy,s ect.the only thing we need to pay outside tote is for our rings.also 35 p per bird and 50p at opens.we get out club more than we pay in tote each year

GOOD ANSWER MUSHROOM SO IF THAT IS THE CASE THE PROPOSITION THAT WAS PASSED AT THE A G.M SAYING DELEAT EX RULE £3.00 INSERT NEW RULE 25P PER BIRD PRIZE MONEY IS OUT OF ORDER BECAUSE IT MEANS EVERY ONE HAS TO TAKE PART IN THE PRIZE MONEY @ THE PREVIOUS RULE OF £3.00 WAS ALSO OUT OF ORDER ,TELL ME APART FROM POOLING WHICH IS OPTINAL HOW CAN A CLUB PAY OUT PRIZE MONEY ,DO YOU MAKE IT SO MUCH A BIRD AND WHAT IS LEFT PAY OUT , THANKS NEED YOUR ANSWERS

you cant john, thats the point

only those interested in prize money which would be through pools

would enter

you usually find its the better fanciers who like pools/prize money

because they have a chance of winning something out of them

unlike the not so good fanciers who are/could be forced to supliment the better fanciers pockets, when they wouldnt normally pool their birds

Guest john bancroft

you cant john, thats the point

only those interested in prize money which would be through pools

would enter

you usually find its the better fanciers who like pools/prize money

because they have a chance of winning something out of them

unlike the not so good fanciers who are/could be forced to supliment the better fanciers pockets, when they wouldnt normally pool their birds

Guest john bancroft

is their a definate r.p.r.a rule that says you cannot have all members contributing to prize money if their is i couldn't find it,i am waiting for a reply from the region (all these little things make you a wiser man)

we used to pay £10 a point

6 down to 1 per race

+ pools

but not now over the last 10 years due to the financial situation its gradually got down to whatever

the club can afford

but we sill run pools every race which is compulsory to 5p + birdage + £2 per loft

loft draw

Guest john bancroft

To run pools etc your club has to have a gaming licence which is provided by your local council authority they will clarify your questions regarding compulsory gambling and the legalities of it.