Lanarkshire Fed V Glasgow Fed

Guest bigda

the 2 feds there seems to be quite a difference in the 2 feds when it comes to cost and races

the Glasgow fed can have 21 races

the lanarkshire 17 the Glasgow fed has a policy of money up front of about £100 could be wrong with this amout but it is not much more that gets them free tossing

and free birdage I believe

what we get in the lanarkshire is fed fees of £8 then £10 per basket 25-28 birds

who makes the most from the races there is about450 members in the lanarkshire

that send say 20 birds per race x 17 races at 35p per bird=20x35=£7.00x 17= £119.00

we don't have free tossing but are £30 MORE in costs the total would come to be, not counting rings, rubbers, and string, and dials, total income £128 per member at a average if we now x times this by 450 members we would have a year total income of

450 members x yearly cost £128 = £57,600 take away £15,000 for bird transport

would leave £42,000 as a kitty each year to pay secretary, new baskets , mot,race points, so each year we must have banked say £20,000 profit can Glasgow better this.

Don't know the answer Danny, but I don't think Glasgow is profit motivated.

Nowadays we should be looking at keeping costs down whilst still maintaining conditions for the birds and setting a modest amount aside for the future.

If your figures are correct, I am unsure whether £20,000 could be considered modest. I do not know the costs for replacement transport, but at £20,000 per year all the grumping about Lanarkshire's transport should be a thing of the past. I do not think it would take them very long to buy state of the art transport with electronic checking of conditions for the birds similar to that of the BBC. With such transport they would be the envy of Scotland.

the 2 feds there seems to be quite a difference in the 2 feds when it comes to cost and races

the lanarkshire 17 the Glasgow fed has a policy of money up front of about £100 could be wrong with this amout but it is not much more that gets them free tossing

what we get in the lanarkshire is fed fees of £8 then £10 per basket 25-28 birds

that send say 20 birds per race x 17 races at 35p per bird=20x35=£7.00x 17= £119.00

we don't have free tossing but are £30 MORE in costs the total would come to be, not counting rings, rubbers, and string, and dials, total income £128 per member at a average if we now x times this by 450 members we would have a year total income of

£450 members x yearly cost £128 = £57,600 take away £15,000 for bird transport

would leave £42,000 as a kitty each year to pay secretary, new baskets , mot,race points, so each year we must have banked say £20,000 profit can Glasgow better this.

Pretty good for an £8 fed fee. I think all feds should model themselves on Lanarkshire. Sorry have to go a pink elephant just flew past the window and there is a man in a white coat at the door

your bang on peter the great and mighty lanarshire fed and the baskets our birds go away in are a disgrace mighty my ass more misreble towards the birds welfare we are so far behind look at the cracking transporter almond valley have them folk have done it right thinking of the birds i think the lanarkshire are flipping joke regards the state of the baskets

Guest Gareth Rankin

Pretty good for an £8 fed fee. I think all feds should model themselves on Lanarkshire. Sorry have to go a pink elephant just flew past the window and there is a man in a white coat at the door

£8, Jade you should know better than to listen to some members on here.

Sorry Gareth but what about all these members that have paid their part to the fed

For 20 or 30 years some even longer and the fanciers that are gone now what are

They going to benefit from our bank account something needs to be done now or we

Will be talking about our I enfisize the word our healthy bank account in another 10

Years time.

£8, Jade you should know better than to listen to some members on here.

you know Gareth, IF i had to say the fed fees where £20 the money in the bank would be more for the new transporter but i wanted to keep the other £5,400 back for a rainy day from the bank account you would think 20k a year that we have saved for the last 5 years, would be enough for the transporters. you know the figures.

Guest Gareth Rankin

Sorry Gareth but what about all these members that have paid their part to the fed

For 20 or 30 years some even longer and the fanciers that are gone now what are

They going to benefit from our bank account something needs to be done now or we

Will be talking about our I enfisize the word our healthy bank account in another 10

Years time.

Agree 100%, just make sure that you and other fanciers with the same thoughts are at the AGM, then there will be new transporters for the start of the 2013 season.

Agree 100%, just make sure that you and other fanciers with the same thoughts are at the AGM, then there will be new transporters for the start of the 2013 season.

remember and post up the date and the time and place of the agm the week before gareth to remind folks to attend

£450 members x yearly cost £128 = £57,600 take away £15,000 for bird transport

a thot you said before yous had 200k in a bank account which would buy 3 transporters but your decided o keep using the sticky tape and string :emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0136-giggle:

a thot you said before yous had 200k in a bank account which would buy 3 transporters but your decided o keep using the sticky tape and string

yes that is what we are supposed to have, but this year it matures, so it aint going back in TO any Iza not this time, and if it is already in we will get permission FOR it to be released

no mater what interest we miss out on, at the present rate it aint much and there are fanciers getting on in age and would love to see there money get spent. we are not a profit making organisation so we have to spend this money

yes that is what we are supposed to have, but this year it matures, so it aint going back in TO any Iza not this time, and if it is already in we will get permission FOR it to be released

no mater what interest we miss out on, at the present rate it aint much and there are fanciers getting on in age and would love to see there money get spent. we are not a profit making organisation so we have to spend this money

what is the point on sitting on 200k :emoticon-0138-thinking: interest rates are at all time low and material costs are spiraling out of control , it wont be long till you only get a rick shaw for your 200k :emoticon-0126-nerd: :emoticon-0126-nerd:

what is the point on sitting on 200k interest rates are at all time low and material costs are spiraling out of control , it wont be long till you only get a rick shaw for your 200k

YEP there are some daft enough to think we dont need any now they think the SNFC is going to provide for our need now at there cost maybe the nats going to buy them then a rick shaw pulling 3 trailers more like

DONT THINK YOU BOYS IN LANARKSHIRE WILL SAY BOO TO A GOOSE, ABOUT MONEY FOR TRANSPORTERS YOU WILL ALL HIDE UNDER THE TABLES LOL

do you think we are all, hen pecked in the lanarkshire

I don't think lanarkshire can touch the money for 2 more years it is locked in the account or it will cost to get it out

this is not going to stop it from coming out the bank, they have had hold of it for to long now loosing money is the way we do things but no more we can not have 5k spent again on basket repair and mots another 5k this 10 k would have been better spent so i hope there is a motion put in place or a vote to get the money out the bank

or given notice it has to be got out this year we can order the transporters get a due date and then sort out the notice to get the money out the bank i expect to hear we have over £120k in the bank all there awaiting our decision we aint waiting no 2 years i can tell you that

Guest Gareth Rankin

I hear that Geraldy can offer us a good deal on two new units, thats us paying over a few years??? maybe big Gareth can tell us more on this??

Probably not right to go into the figures on a open forum, but a deferred payment of 2 years has been offered to Lanarkshire by Geraldy which is 16% of the total cost, this will allow Lanarkshire to have new transportation for the new season in April. Deferred payment which is due to be paid in September 2014, will be paid from the profits of not using expensive haulage company's for the seasons 2013 & 2014.

Probably not right to go into the figures on a open forum, but a deferred payment of 2 years has been offered to Lanarkshire by Geraldy which is 16% of the total cost, this will allow Lanarkshire to have new transportation for the new season in April. Deferred payment which is due to be paid in September 2014, will be paid from the profits of not using expensive haulage company's for the seasons 2013 & 2014.

WHY DEFERRED PAYMENT why not just take out the bank, for the 2 new trucks pay for it in cash there and then. Hope there is no sad stories about to get told. about old mother hubbard. 2 OF THESE TRUCK ONLY COST ABOUT 45K EACH THAT'S 90K WE HAVE MORE MONEY THAN THIS. BANKED. GET THE MONEY OUT.

Guest Gareth Rankin