Suitability Of Liberation Sites

OLDYELLOW

We often wonder why the losses are high , but not many look at where we are liberating from and probably not enough feed back for members to change these bad liberation sites , one was brought up that they had to liberate directly on to a road at Tilbury , Bedhampton straight on to a motorway , just looked at Leatherhead car park with railway track behind it , why have these sites been approved by the R.P.R.A in the first place is beyond me ????? Surely R.P.R.A should review suitability of these sites and many others . On viewing some sites plenty of sports fields around would make more suitable liberation sites . Do you know of any sites which should be added to the list of unsuitable sites ?????

i've often herd the older/more experienced bird men saying that talbenny(wales) is a disaster of a liberation point when flying to ireland. would any welsh members have any thoughts on this lib point

soupie

Yes mate, In my opinion it's too close to the coast, the birds would be better released 20/30 miles inland to get a run for home, they are reluctant to cross the water on liberation