• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Toughest Race In The World Barcelona

#1 User is offline   Diamond dave 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 9 July 2012 - 21:01 PM

What do you think it is that makes the Barcelona International the Toughest race in the World. After 3 days there are less than 2000 pigeons verified throughout the whole of the international pigeon fraternity. This out of an entry of 25,000 pigeons. I don't think it is necessarily the distance because for a lot of the other countries the wind was with them for most of the way.
Do you think it might be the Pryanese mountains or perhaps the lunchtime liberation - after all the Tarbes National suffered a similar fate with a lunchtime lib.
Be interested to know anyone elses thoughts.
Incidently, I am still awaiting my single entry but you have to admire those fanciers/birds that have made it back.
D.D.

#2 User is offline   yeboah 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • LocationMOFFAT
  • Club:LOCKERBIE R P C

Posted 9 July 2012 - 21:22 PM

View PostDiamond dave, on 9 July 2012 - 21:01 PM, said:

What do you think it is that makes the Barcelona International the Toughest race in the World. After 3 days there are less than 2000 pigeons verified throughout the whole of the international pigeon fraternity. This out of an entry of 25,000 pigeons. I don't think it is necessarily the distance because for a lot of the other countries the wind was with them for most of the way.
Do you think it might be the Pryanese mountains or perhaps the lunchtime liberation - after all the Tarbes National suffered a similar fate with a lunchtime lib.
Be interested to know anyone elses thoughts.
Incidently, I am still awaiting my single entry but you have to admire those fanciers/birds that have made it back.
D.D.

Thats massive losses are they like that each year ?

#3 User is offline   Delboy 

• High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member

Posted 9 July 2012 - 21:34 PM

Thats 8 1/2% verified which is becoming quite common in national races nowadays, especially the extreme distance.
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#4 User is offline   robbiedoo. 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Locationfraserburgh
  • Club:FRASERBURGH WEST END

Posted 9 July 2012 - 21:35 PM

i think the hardest race in the world is every race the lanarkshire boys have to flyinto central scotland must be hard for them . :crying: :crying: ^_^ ^_^
EVERYONES A WINNER

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

• Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders