How To Make Sure He Is Not Bored... Not A Racing But A Rescued Pigeon

Guest Elenacam

Guest Elenacam

My fiance and I just rescued a pigeon. We took care of him (assuming it is a "he") and saved his life, gladly, and he is lively and joyful... he wants to live.. but his wing even with the care sealed in a way so that he can not fly more than a meter... not safe enough to be released.

We have then adopted him, bought a huge cage for him, built an habitab for him to kind-of-fly and move around, etc.

The problem is that we are not familiar with raising pigeons, and while I found out how to feed them, with what, and other basics, I do not know if they need toys, or what in their cages or what sort of stimuli to be kept happy, entertained. We worry about him getting bored.

I know it is not a racing pigeon, poor thing can not even fly, just jump around, but he wants to live, seems happy and we want to see him ok and not bored...

Thanks in advance for any help!

just grain and water and some pigeon grit he will be happy

just be careful with cats and hawks as he cant fly he or she will be easy prey

there may be a identification ring on the bird which may locate the original owner

i hope you are enjoying looking after him :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

as well as your doing he or she needs company put a photo of him or her up and im sure someone will give you apartner for him he :emoticon-0167-beer: r well done

All the way to South America ? not sure the couriers go that far :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: