Training Young Birds

Guest mi5lyn

Started training mine last week they are doing well , took the 8 miles on Wednesday they came high and then feked off for 3 hours, still 3 missing a hate ybs !!!

Be cause the Percy was at them? Or was that a diff toss from Wed?

lost half my ybds off the loft the other nite totally sick

If you want to send me rings i'll give you some. They're from my yearlings and a couple in the stock section, i've no rings myself or would put them on and transfer them. You would need to send them sharpish as they have hatched out about 4/5 days ago.

If you want to send me rings i'll give you some. They're from my yearlings and a couple in the stock section, i've no rings myself or would put them on and transfer them. You would need to send them sharpish as they have hatched out about 4/5 days ago.

good offer :animatedpigeons:

Guest steviemann

Started training mine last week they are doing well , took the 8 miles on Wednesday they came high and then feked off for 3 hours, still 3 missing a hate ybs !!!

Similar thing happened to me. Been told they needed more exercise and got bored?????????????

Guest TAMMY_1

when will you be starting training your young birds how far and how many times a day up to the first race .

just started this week,had 3 tosses from about 9 miles and they will only get trained once a day

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robscott

id start off 3 chucks from 10 miles,3 from 15,then 25 miles as many as i could from 25 miles,you want to get them on the transporter training aswell but make sure they had a good few chucks before thinking about training on the transporter.we were lucky in our club we got 40 mile chuck and 60 on the transporter.another thing the younger your birds are trained the better they will be,true that ;-)