Folkstone --Nehu Open

ovy1255

Guest LBuddle

Are the birds being lib at folkestone race course. And will they be up as early as possible. I live just 7 miles from there and would like to see it .All the best to all that have sent lee and kevin

well been down fed HQ and put the birds on . total 27 baskets from our fed.will be interesting to see how many birds are sent in the open-20,000 plus expected.

33,777 birds in 2011

28,134 in 2010

36,810 in 2009

Are the birds being lib at folkestone race course. And will they be up as early as possible. I live just 7 miles from there and would like to see it .All the best to all that have sent lee and kevin

The 'normal' liberation time is 8.00am - but there has not been any 'normal' racing so far this season

They shouldn't be up before 7.00am though

Guest LBuddle

we didn't manage to get there, It would of been great to se that amount of birds!! & they say the sport is dying??

Lee

The 'normal' liberation time is 8.00am - but there has not been any 'normal' racing so far this season

GUTTED!!!!!!! and feel bad about it.

Had a chat with a lady on the phone on Friday who told me there would be an update Sat morning at 07:30hrs to which I said that if I was there for 07:30, I should see them go. Arrived with 6 friends at 07:20 to see 11 Transporters left and empty. The birds were let go at 07:00. I was then told by the convoyer that the message for the update was for the racing fanciers to call at 07:30 to find out the Lib time. I can only apologies to people who wanted to see photos of this terrific Liberation and I feel I've let them down but I can promise you next year, I shall be sleeping in a tent the night before on site..

:animatedpigeons:

GUTTED!!!!!!! and feel bad about it.

Had a chat with a lady on the phone on Friday who told me there would be an update Sat morning at 07:30hrs to which I said that if I was there for 07:30, I should see them go. Arrived with 6 friends at 07:20 to see 11 Transporters left and empty. The birds were let go at 07:00. I was then told by the convoyer that the message for the update was for the racing fanciers to call at 07:30 to find out the Lib time. I can only apologies to people who wanted to see photos of this terrific Liberation and I feel I've let them down but I can promise you next year, I shall be sleeping in a tent the night before on site..

Such a shame that you missed them T_T

It was a much harder race than expected - most people expected the birds to be doing around 1400ypm today - but the combine winner is doing just under 1290 - the NEHU Open winner (Stobbs & Mosey) doing 1294ypm