Longtown Lib Site

ALF

Guest Gareth Rankin

New site lads, this because the old sites where unsuitable for a 7.5 tonne vehicle never mind 2 artics. The new site for Lanarkshire is a secure haulage site that has a vast area to liberate 8,000 if needed. Its on the A6071.

New site lads, this because the old sites where unsuitable for a 7.5 tonne vehicle never mind 2 artics. The new site for Lanarkshire is a secure haulage site that has a vast area to liberate 8,000 if needed. Its on the A6071.

Thats the road between Gretna and Longtown, the military base, canny see the narket no being able tae take artics :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

large haulage site is across the road from the cattle market right behind the pylon's

Thats the road between Gretna and Longtown, the military base, canny see the narket no being able tae take artics :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

when i worked there during the foot and mouth it had 40 hgv parked in there it's massive.

large haulage site is across the road from the cattle market right behind the pylon's

when i worked there during the foot and mouth it had 40 hgv parked in there it's massive.

William Armstrongs yard! Does he not have a hub in Uddingston?

not sure Steven

Is there any other large haulage company's in Longtown bar Armstrong's?

Not to my knowledge Frank but as Gareth says there is a huge open area between Longtown and Gretna on the 6071 with the Peat moss works on one side and the 14MU on the other! So could be in either of them? The peat moss plant is owned by Humax who also have a haulage setup?

SO WE ARE DEFO LIBERATING RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD FAE THE CATTLE MARKET IS THAT RIGHT THEN JUST IN CASE I GO DOON IN THE MORNING???

The cattle market and Armstrongs are on the A7 Alan but to be honest mate two artics wae pigeons would be big news in longtown and wudnae take much findin?

The cattle market and Armstrongs are on the A7 Alan but to be honest mate two artics wae pigeons would be big news in longtown and wudnae take much findin?

:emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

the talk the night was that we would struggle to get a race the morra but just looked at the met office site and it looks as if we could get a race about 10 am if the forecast stays the same we will just have to wait and see i suppose?

the talk the night was that we would struggle to get a race the morra but just looked at the met office site and it looks as if we could get a race about 10 am if the forecast stays the same we will just have to wait and see i suppose?

light north west /west wind 5c-7c at 10 am