"Daphne'S Delight"

geordie1234

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure daphnes delight was a delbar or a huskens vanriel it was bred of doos that jock reid got as a gift from dr leon whitney i might be wrong the reason davy wilson had the photo was that he had the nestmate to daphnes delight well thats what the wilsons told me . they had the cream of the reid pigeons i can remember seeing them when i was a wee boy they were a sight to behold

Daphine’s Delight 1st SNFC Rennes vel 1086 from 551 mls bred by Jock Reid her sire was a blue cock9828 nest mate to Tryst Girl parent pure Delbar cock Belge 59-3058832 blue henBelge 56-3056786 presented to John by Mr S Bishop 832 was from the Coppi and Montesi and thehen 786 from 803 and 812, 803 was abrother to Favori and 812 from OldDelbar 43 Daphne,s Delights sire 9828 was inbred to the champion studpair 75 and Lelyke 803 being a son and Montesi a grand daughter.Dam of Daphines Delight a blue hen NU 62l6821 bred by J W Langstone her sireNU58N15 bred from a Delbar 564084991 a grandson of Le Bon Bleu dam of 6821 wasLangstones well known sister nest mate to Cinderella the 1956 winner NFC Pau

The above line is still very strong in distance lofts today this at times may not be known by the owners due to how difficult it was in past years to keep records. Can I ask all fanciers who are fortunate enough to score in Nationals this year to give as accurate an account as possible to scribes of birds breeding etc I know a lot of fanciers who get great enjoyment from that side of the sport, in fact I know a few who were angry not to be mentioned when a good performance was put up by a gift bird this of course can be an oversight.

Daphine’s Delight 1st SNFC Rennes vel 1086 from 551 mls bred by Jock Reid her sire was a blue cock9828 nest mate to Tryst Girl parent pure Delbar cock Belge 59-3058832 blue henBelge 56-3056786 presented to John by Mr S Bishop 832 was from the Coppi and Montesi and thehen 786 from 803 and 812, 803 was abrother to Favori and 812 from OldDelbar 43 Daphne,s Delights sire 9828 was inbred to the champion studpair 75 and Lelyke 803 being a son and Montesi a grand daughter.Dam of Daphines Delight a blue hen NU 62l6821 bred by J W Langstone her sireNU58N15 bred from a Delbar 564084991 a grandson of Le Bon Bleu dam of 6821 wasLangstones well known sister nest mate to Cinderella the 1956 winner NFC Pau

The above line is still very strong in distance lofts today this at times may not be known by the owners due to how difficult it was in past years to keep records. Can I ask all fanciers who are fortunate enough to score in Nationals this year to give as accurate an account as possible to scribes of birds breeding etc I know a lot of fanciers who get great enjoyment from that side of the sport, in fact I know a few who were angry not to be mentioned when a good performance was put up by a gift bird this of course can be an oversight.

great post m8 and totally agree. :partick-thistle-Crest:

I've now fixed the pic up on my sitting hut wall hope get some good luck from it. This hen seems a bit of a Scottish legend

DEFINATELY A LEGEND GEO. :partick-thistle-Crest: rumour was that an open topped bus travelled through Croy with the Nash Bros and the GOLD CUP,this was the attention a fancier got with a national win in the sixties, :) :) :) the glory years. :)

long gone though

Alec one thing i canny get the hang off is that thing called patience lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: got to be at the distance,ma dad says gettin a good yin at the water is like catching a 25 pound salmon. :lol: :lol:

Brilliant Flying

Your man Ian maxwell was on the blower to my brother :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

would be lovely but dont think we can afford him. :partick-thistle-Crest: we can only hope. :lol: