• You cannot reply to this topic

"Daphne'S Delight"

#41 User is offline   Delboy 

• High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member

Posted 21 February 2013 - 23:30 PM

View Poststb-, on 21 February 2013 - 22:16 PM, said:

i know someone else who had there doos at southwaite on a sun morning after winning on sat :animatedpigeons: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

desperados lol
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#42 User is offline   walterboswell59 

• High Ranking
  • Locationhamilton
  • Club:burnbank

Posted 22 February 2013 - 00:35 AM

View Postgeordie1234, on 11 February 2012 - 21:15 PM, said:

Would love to have a taste of that sort!

bus wid run ye doun noo george or no turn up lol

#43 User is offline   walterboswell59 

• High Ranking
  • Locationhamilton
  • Club:burnbank

Posted 22 February 2013 - 00:41 AM

View PostDelboy, on 21 February 2013 - 22:05 PM, said:

Mines would be warm Paul, it would be in the *expletive removed* hoose with me lol.

round the loft way a bit a string tied on her lol

#44 User is offline   billy99 

• High Ranking
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBlantyre
  • Club:Burnbank

Posted 22 February 2013 - 00:51 AM

View Postwalterboswell59, on 22 February 2013 - 00:41 AM, said:

round the loft way a bit a string tied on her lol

*expletive removed* that sell the *expletive removed* :emoticon-0123-party: :emoticon-0167-beer: :animatedpigeons:
William Reid.

#45 User is offline   billy99 

• High Ranking
  • LocationBlantyre

Posted 22 February 2013 - 00:56 AM

View Postbilly99, on 22 February 2013 - 00:51 AM, said:

*expletive removed* that sell the *expletive removed* :emoticon-0123-party: :emoticon-0167-beer: :animatedpigeons:

Sorry will try again f that sell the f er :emoticon-0140-rofl:
William Reid.

#46 User is offline   Delboy 

• High Ranking

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

View Postbilly99, on 22 February 2013 - 00:56 AM, said:

Sorry will try again f that sell the f er :emoticon-0140-rofl:

lolol
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#47 User is offline   geordie1234 

• High Ranking

Posted 4 March 2013 - 20:17 PM

Pic

#48 User is offline   geordie1234 

• High Ranking

Posted 4 March 2013 - 20:23 PM

Posted Image

#49 User is online   lanarkshire lad 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationViewpark
  • Club:Uddingston

Posted 4 March 2013 - 21:20 PM

View Postgeordie1234, on 4 March 2013 - 20:23 PM, said:

Posted Image
I think I have said this before but a son of Daphnes delight was the sire of Jock Allans Mill Princess 1st west section 4th open Rennes on a very hard day, I am not sure but I think she was timed around 10.15 at night. She was a cracker of a pigeon very much like her mother Mill Queen I had the pleasure of handling them when they were in there hey day and I can honestly say they were the best pigeons I have ever handled and ive been around and seen and handled some top Barcelona pigeons in Europe but for me Jocks pigeons were a bit special like wee tennis balls.

#50 Gueststb-_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 4 March 2013 - 21:23 PM

im sure daphnee was lost at rennes the following season , brave sending it back again :emoticon-0138-thinking:

#51 Gueststb-_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 4 March 2013 - 21:42 PM

riddy James was a good boxer aswell in his day .

Boxing

Boxing, like football, has long been prominent in the Parish. The Clinton family of Auchinstarry feature eminently in the sport.
Bill Clinton began boxing in 1935. He had eight out of nine wins as an amateur and won forty of his fifty professional bouts. As Scottish Champion in 1940 he beat Paddy Ryan, British Champion, in an overweight fight. Bill was a founder member of the C.M.A.B.C. from 1939 till 1979 and trained many youths in the Parish in those years. His son Michael continues the family involvement. James Clinton, brother of Bill, was three times A.B.A. title winner, British Champion twice and a European finalist.

Bill's son, Pat, was Scottish Amateur Flyweight Champion 1983, 1984 and 1985, Commonwealth Federation Champion 1983, British Amateur Flyweight Champion 1984-85, and Britain's Olympic Flyweight representative at the Los Angeles Olympics in 1984. Pat became British Professional Champion in 1990 and took the World Flyweight Championship in 1992, the same title won by the great, if tragic, Glasgow Flyweight, Benny Lynch fifty seven years earlier. Pat Clinton is a boxing champion in every sense of the word.

Another notable fighter from Croy Boxing Club was Pat Harvey (Condorrat), an N.C.B. Middleweight Champion circa 1948-9 who died in the Auchengeich Pit Disaster. Pat beat Wm. Armstrong, eventual British Middleweight Champion, in a National Coal Board Championship fight.
James aka Riddy Nash won a number of titles while serving as a Physical Education Instructor in the British Army.
James Weldon, was another N.C.B. Champion.
Joe McLuskey (Kilsyth), was a holder of the ABA Light Heavyweight Title in 1990 and Ian Holmes was three times winner of the Scottish A.B.A. title at his weight.
There were also the well-known Docherty brothers of Condorrat.

#52 User is offline   Delboy 

• High Ranking

Posted 5 March 2013 - 00:07 AM

View Poststb-, on 4 March 2013 - 21:42 PM, said:

riddy James was a good boxer aswell in his day .

Boxing

Boxing, like football, has long been prominent in the Parish. The Clinton family of Auchinstarry feature eminently in the sport.
Bill Clinton began boxing in 1935. He had eight out of nine wins as an amateur and won forty of his fifty professional bouts. As Scottish Champion in 1940 he beat Paddy Ryan, British Champion, in an overweight fight. Bill was a founder member of the C.M.A.B.C. from 1939 till 1979 and trained many youths in the Parish in those years. His son Michael continues the family involvement. James Clinton, brother of Bill, was three times A.B.A. title winner, British Champion twice and a European finalist.

Bill's son, Pat, was Scottish Amateur Flyweight Champion 1983, 1984 and 1985, Commonwealth Federation Champion 1983, British Amateur Flyweight Champion 1984-85, and Britain's Olympic Flyweight representative at the Los Angeles Olympics in 1984. Pat became British Professional Champion in 1990 and took the World Flyweight Championship in 1992, the same title won by the great, if tragic, Glasgow Flyweight, Benny Lynch fifty seven years earlier. Pat Clinton is a boxing champion in every sense of the word.

Another notable fighter from Croy Boxing Club was Pat Harvey (Condorrat), an N.C.B. Middleweight Champion circa 1948-9 who died in the Auchengeich Pit Disaster. Pat beat Wm. Armstrong, eventual British Middleweight Champion, in a National Coal Board Championship fight.
James aka Riddy Nash won a number of titles while serving as a Physical Education Instructor in the British Army.
James Weldon, was another N.C.B. Champion.
Joe McLuskey (Kilsyth), was a holder of the ABA Light Heavyweight Title in 1990 and Ian Holmes was three times winner of the Scottish A.B.A. title at his weight.
There were also the well-known Docherty brothers of Condorrat.

Pat Clinton was going to marry my cousin until she started knocking fek out him.He could box like fek but was crap at street fighting lol
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#53 User is offline   billy99 

• High Ranking
  • LocationBlantyre

Posted 5 March 2013 - 00:20 AM

View PostDelboy, on 5 March 2013 - 00:07 AM, said:

Pat Clinton was going to marry my cousin until she started knocking fek out him.He could box like fek but was crap at street fighting lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
William Reid.

#54 User is offline   Jim hannah 

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Club:Greenfield

Posted 13 May 2016 - 19:58 PM

View Postalec guinness, on 12 February 2012 - 20:23 PM, said:

they could fly the doos lewis,they were at abington before first light prior to the nationals,great record in the fed opens also. :) :) :)

met one of nash boys at elvanfoot in the 1960s at that time the midland fed pools were much better than lanarkshires

nash for cash was the saying then

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

• Advert: Crafty Fifer: bespoke loft equipment
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders