Best Loft Management Software?

Guest ghenty

Exactly what the topic says really. We have a small set-up which has no more than 60 pigeons at any one time and was just wondering which loft management system is the best value for money?

I have seen East Coast Software and Pigeon Loft Organization as sold by Elimar and believe there are some more available as well. Want to have one in the next 4 weeks really so any advice old be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Ghenty,

I use the PLO as supplied by elimar. I was brought it a a gift about 4 years ago. Im a bit of technophobe and found it quite difficult at first. It does everything efficiently but not necessarily how I would do it.

Somethings appear to be a bit long winded to me and somethings I still havent worked out how to use properly but thats just me.

It is fairly comprehensive with race day records being very good, Breeding control is very helpful and the pedigree options are excellent. The picture arrangements are also very good when you have mastered how to use them.

I must say also that the customer service dept is also first class - I have asked lots of questions and have had good advice by return.

It is updated autoatically on a fairly regular basis.

On the whole I would recommend the system especially to someone who knows what they are doing with computers. However, being old fashioned as I am, I still tend to rely on my written records.

D.D.

i HAVE east coast software and I hate it.It is designed for commercial pigeon breeders not ordinary fanciers total waste of money.I have tried to download Hawkeye (comproware) without success,probably my own lack of computer knowledge, I am back to notebooks and scraps of paper

i HAVE east coast software and I hate it.It is designed for commercial pigeon breeders not ordinary fanciers total waste of money.I have tried to download Hawkeye (comproware) without success,probably my own lack of computer knowledge, I am back to notebooks and scraps of paper

Agree there walter i dinnae like it either back to using large diary like years ago which is brill,although i had a few years back a system from Ray Knight which was first class,still got it in the house somewhere but its a bit like lord lucan and no turned up yet :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Had a quick play around with Hawkeye and it seems OK although the lite version which you get for free is not great really. Think I will go with that one of he PLO unless someone recommends otherwise.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 years later...