Removal Sale Of Stock Birds & Race Team

Guest Paulo

Due to changes in my personal circumstances I am having a year or two out from racing. This is due to moving house 12 miles away from the loft in which I race to, the birth of my first child and having to work longer hours at work which I travel an 80 mile round trip to (not including the 24 mile round trip to feed the birds every night).

I have been unable to rent an allotment nearer to my new location so the birds must go apart from 8 pairs of stock birds that I will be retaining to restart with that I have built a small shed to retain in the bottom of my garden at home.

I have raced for four years now and have been successful winning club, fed and amal positions. Highlights of my racing career have been having fastest bird in West Durham Amal Huntingdon 2008 and 2nd Fastest bird in West Durham Amal Huntingdon YB 2010.

Last 2 seasons in New Brancepeth HS, Deerness Valley Fed, West Durham Amal I won the YB Averages 2 seasons running and in 2010 was 3rd highest prize winner beaten by 1 point by the 2nd highest prize winner and in 2011 was 2nd highest prize winner beaten by Morland, Blacklock and Elliott who were top prize winners in the West Durham Amal 2011. My old bird season was the worst I have ever had since starting due to the distance involved in travelling between the loft every day with moving house and not putting the work in with the birds. I bucked my ideas up with young birds winning enough points to end up second and winning the young bird averages easily with a clear points lead against ace flyers showing the quality of the birds I have.

I will advertise each bird as seperate lots unless they are a matched pair I recommend for breeding. Purchasers will recieve prize cards with birds that have won and pedigrees where I have them as I don't fly bits of paper. Purchasers to pay carriage or collect or I can meet you at scotch corner, bowburn or washington services.

My pigeons were obtained from the following fliers:-

Banty Emmerson

Mike Lycett

Ian Metcalfe

Hodgeson, Son & Cowie

Bambling & Earl

I am open to offers on all advertised birds

Contact me on 0191 377 0936 after six or leave a message and I will return your call.

Ring numbers not given on adverts due to theft risk with being on allotments. Photos will follow soon having technical problems with downloading from camera

Edited by Paulo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lot Number 1 Cheq Hen 2010 Pigeon Race Team

This hen is pure class she has won the following positions:-

2nd Fastest Bird in West Durham Amal Huntingdon YB 7,952 birds sent

1st Fed, 1st Club Huntingdon 2010

4th Club Newark 2010

her breeding is Mike Lycett Gaby Vandenabeele x with Wildermersch

Sire is cock breed off my top stock pair of M Lycett Gaby Vandenbeele's with the g sire having gareth gates on both sides of the pedigree.

Dam is hen that is a direct daughter of my top stock hen and racer Raggy that was fastest bird in WDA Huntingdon OB 7,056 birds and has bred me rakes of winners including the YB of the year in New Brancepeth HS 2011 Coolio whose nestmate also scored a few times. Raggy was bred by top flier Banty Emmerson and is bred off a M&D Evans Gaby paired to one of his top Wildermersch hens that has bred a ton of winners for other people.

I have no doubt this hen will breed the goods and am only selling her because I have her parents in the stock loft who have bred me other great birds that have chalked including one that has 10 fastest bird in the WDA Thorsby hall out of 11,000 approx pigeons this one also bred winners for Lumsden, Weir and Smith who fly in Lincolnshire Fed.

Price for hen is £160.00

Have attached Raggys details as the grandsire to this lot

Photos of bird now attached

post-379-13279215917691_thumb.jpg

post-379-1328044402022_thumb.jpg

post-379-13280444209647_thumb.jpg

post-379-13280444401713_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Lot 2 08 Cheq Cock Direct Buursink & Pluimers Holland Stock Loft

This pigeon was purchased at Buursink & Pluimers first ever sale in the UK on 28th Nov 2010 at Fencehouses in Durham organised by G&A Pigeon Auctions.

The cock is a Koopman x Van Loon his sire is NL99-1758504 a top racer and 2nd ace pigeon in the dutch combine and dam is Peter Veenstra's top koopman hen saviola.

I have orginal pedigree and auction details for this cock.

I took two YBs from him last year one which was lost from the loft top and one which raced the full programme being in the top 5 and 10 back from most races. Shes a cracking hen and it was a very difficult yb season with record losses for many lofts she earned her perch.

As these birds are unknown in the UK and could be the next big thing I may regret parting with him but as I only have room for 8 pair I can't keep his cock which is a shame as only 2 YBs isn't enough to test his offspring fully.

Ray Forbes and other top fliers were buying these birds at the auctions.

Price is £60.00 or nearest offer

Photos how attached

This Lot Available Again

Now sold

Lot 2 Pedigree.pdf

post-379-13280447071746_thumb.jpg

post-379-13280447704442_thumb.jpg

post-379-13280447867633_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Lot 3 08 Blue Hen Debbie Stock Loft

This hen has won:-

1st Club, 5th Fed Wetherby for John McKeown UNC

This hen was brought by me at John McKeown's entire clearance sale. Lodge Star 1st UNC Bourges Dam is G Dam to this lovely hen.

in 2011 this hen bred 11DV407 which was 13th North Section Lincolnshire South Road Federation Billericay 89 members sent 1,0569 birds for Lumsden, Weir and Smith results can be seen on www.cleeimp.co.uk

All the results the DV rings have achieved for Lumsden, Weir and Smith are bred from my pigeons which are all rung with NEHU Deerness Valley fed rings (DV’s).

They have had winners every year they have bought from me.

The price for this hen is £30.00

Photos added

Sold Payment Recieved

post-379-13280459009904_thumb.jpg

post-379-1328045931932_thumb.jpg

post-379-13280459523545_thumb.jpg

post-379-13280462652689_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Lot 4 07 Blue Cock Clive Yates Wildmersch Stock Loft

Cracking blue cock bought at P Smiths HPA Sale very lightly bred off. I paired this cock to a Hen lent from Jimmy Bambling that was Nelson and Hall from their removal sale. Due to the cock being a late inclusion in the stock loft he fought and smashed one egg leaving one egg to hatch. The cock bred off him flew the whole YB programme in 2011 which was a difficult year for YB racing with some lofts having record losses. As the sire and dam are channel birds you don’t really expect them to score as YB’s.

As an incentive to the purchaser the cock bred by this bird is offered free of charge to the purchaser of this lot. He may be able to be resettled and raced from his new loft for this season or put to stock. Quality breeding on both side of the pedigree Clive Yates performances speak for themselves and Nelson & Hall are good fliers in the WDA topping it numerous times.

Top Value at £20.00 to reflect the cocks age.

Photos added

Sold Payment Receieved

Clive yates Cock Pedigree.pdf

post-379-13280469651317_thumb.jpg

post-379-13280469808685_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Lot 5 08 Blue Cock Staf Van Reet Race Team

This cock has won:-

44th WDA Billericay Yearling Classic

2nd Club Maidstone

3rd Club Billericay

4th Club Billericay

Has also flown arras in race time twice this year.

This cock is direct Banty Emmerson and was bought in to race as an YB. Have had a winner bred from this year at club level but never really bothered with him as a breeder as plenty of stock birds so he’s never been paired to any outstanding hens. If paired to the right hen am sure he would produce decent race birds.

Price £20.00 to reflect age and no pedigree with him.

Sold Payment Recieved

Edited by Paulo

Lot 6 08 Blue Cock Walker & Wilson Willy Thas Stock Loft

This Willy Thas cock bred by top Scottish flyers Walker & Wilson. Bought at Andrew Landers HPA removal sale in late 2010 as I liked the look of him. I shouldn’t go to sales as I can’t help myself and buy birds I have no room for!

No young birds bred from this bird by me. Details by Walker and Wilson supplied with bird.

£30.00

Photos Added

Reduced to £20.00 for quick sale

Now Sold Payment Recieved

post-379-13280463909525_thumb.jpg

post-379-13280464177471_thumb.jpg

Willy Thas.pdf

Edited by Paulo

Lot 7 2009 Blue Cock Race Team

This cock is bred the same way as lot 1 and has won the following:-

2nd club, 2nd fed Wakefield beaten by loftmate because I picked that pigeon up first to clock in they trapped together

10th fed Thorsby Hall, 10th Fastest Bird in West Durham Amal Thorsby Hall 11,000 birds

This cock has bred the following pigeon that scored for Lumsden Weir & Smith:-

10DV1971 this bird won the following:-

5th club 331 birds sent

1st club, 14th North Section 1,890 birds,25th fed 4,880 birds sent Lincolnshire South Road Fed

This bird is only for sale because I again have the parents in the stock loft and they are young 2008 birds with plenty of breeding left in them yet. If I had the room I would keep him but I can't keep all the birds I have in the small shed I have at the new location so he mays well do someone else some good.

This bird also won prizes in show pen

Bird is priced at £80.00 or open to offers

Reduced to £60.00

post-379-13280537007782_thumb.jpg

post-379-13280537500051_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Lot 8 09FUT rung Cheq Hen Race Team

She won 1st club Billericay this year. Not many birds were away in club as it was yearling classic but we had the club race open to any age. Don't let this put you off though as she would have scored high in the fed and got an amal turn if she was allowed to compete in fed for that race.

She has always been in my top five back every week however as anyone who knows me will say I'm far better at young bird racing than old birds as I still race natural and in other hands this hen would probably have won a lot more.

Her nestmate won 8th fed Thorsby Hall as a YB then won 3rd club Billericay as a yearling before being lost in a smash race during that season.

She is a direct daughter of my top Hen Raggy which is the grandam of lot 1. Her sire is a busschaert cock obtained from Ian Metcalfe of Ushaw Moor at his entire clearance sale who Ian had for stock and is bred from Hodgeson,Son & Cowies top pigeons.

Value at £30.00 should make a good stock pigeon for someone as full of winning lines.

Will get a picture on at the weekend but shes very similiar to lot 1 peas out of the same pod!

Sold Payment Received

Edited by Paulo

Will be more lots going on in the next couple of days just dark on nights and busy at work so need a bit daylight for the photos off from Friday so will try and get some then.

thanks lads theres some nice quality pigeons ive only ever tried to get real good ones from blokes who race well and havent chased pedigrees and pure this pure that. The birds are crosses which puts some people off but all the top fliers in Belgium and Holland couldn't give a rats a about strains.

Lot 9 10 Blue Hen Race Team

This fine hen has won the following positions:-

2nd Club Peterborough

2nd Club Thorsby Hall

2nd Club Huntingdon

This hen has bred the following for Lumsden, Weir and Smith Lincolnshire South Road Federation in 2011:-

11DV432 7th North Section Maidstone, 85 Members Sent 1,400 birds and 2nd North Section Huntingdon, 95 Members sent 1,800 Birds and 4th North Section Hastings, 71 Members sent 915 birds.

All these results can be viewed on www.cleeimp.co.uk and I'm sure their fed sec can confirm with ring numbers.

Her dam is a Soojten cock who won prizes for Jimmy Bambling (Bambling & Earl Quarry Lofts) before damaging his wing and being sold to me by Jimmy for stock. He has bred some great pigeons in 2011 for me and others including the following for Lumsden, Weir and Smith (best £20.00 a YB they have ever spent!) again:-

11DV470 4th North Section Huntingdon, 95 Members sent 1,800 birds and 1st North Section Billericay, 89 Members Sent 1,569 birds.

11DV471 14th North Section Maidstone 2, 81 Members sent 1,034 birds and 14th North Section Maidstone 1, 89 Members sent 1,569 birds

Her sire is my good Soojten hen Suzie who was 1st Club, 1st Fed, 34th WDA Clermont for me in 2010. Only bird back on the day in the club not bad for a yearling hen. She was brought direct from Natural Breeding Station in 2009. She broke her leg racing in 2011 on a bad training toss before racing started and has been put to stock with her youngsters winning club positions already for me.

£60.00 or nearest offer

Reduced to £50.00

Photos now added get yourself a good pigeon in a proven

post-379-13283730435195_thumb.jpg

post-379-13283730590395_thumb.jpg

post-379-13283730799409_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Lot 10 09 Gaby Vandenbeele Hen Direct Banty Emmerson

This hen was brought from Banty Emmerson in late 2010 and paired up with a race team cock as I was short of a hen. Had two YB's from her who flew the whole programme in 2011.

Bantys birds have won for many people all over the country.

Value at £20.00

Photo now added

Sold Payment Received

post-379-13282966050335_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Lot 11 10 Blue Cock Van Loon x Wildmeersch Race Team

This stunning cock has won the following:-

3rd Club, 8th Fed Wakefield 1,192 Birds

His breeding is from my very best

Sire my top Van Loon stock cock direct from Banty Emmerson's top stock pair of Van Loons. This cock has been a goldmine for me at stock breeding winners with every hen he has been paired to and his children are producing winners too! Examples are this cock paired with a busschaert hen from ian metcalfe bred me Nigel and his brother who were the young bird of the year in New Brancepeth HS in 2010 between them winning 2 x 1sts, 1 x 2nd and 4 x 3rds in the club. In the fed they won 5th, 6th and 7th with 1,192 birds to 567 birds competing. The year previous before I discovered this cocks protential at stock I took 2 YB's from him one won 2nd club, 5th fed folkstone and I think amal position was 88th amal and this was after a couple of days holdover in the basket and a lot of birds found the race hard work. Nigel and his brother have bred winners in 2011 for me and others with an example being Nigels brother breeding the following federation winner for Lumsden, Weir and Smith of Lincolnshire South Road Federation:-

11DV436 won 1st Fed, 1st North Section Maidstone, 234 members sent 4,238 birds this birds vel was 1754-297 and the next bird who was 2nd's vel was 1749-040,

11DV436 also scored from Hastings for them winning 12th North Section from 71 members sent 915 birds.

Nigel and this lots sire bred winners again for me this year when paired to a busschaert hen loaned from Hodgeson, Son and Cowie with an example being 11DV469 who won a 1st and a 4th for me.

This lot sire is a latebred hen bred especially for stock from my good hen Raggys dam paired to a top Wildmeersch racing cock.

This lot only for sale as have parents in stock loft and both his half brothers have been put to stock as producing winners against decent birdages already!

This bird priced to sell at £30.00 am confident he will be ideal for stock for someone.

Photos now added

Payment Received

post-379-13284601704219_thumb.jpg

post-379-13284601920256_thumb.jpg

post-379-13284602107094_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Lot 12 07 Cheq & White Busschaert Cock Stock Loft

This cock is a lovely strong cock he has bred:-

1st Club winner

8th fed

4th Club

He was brought from Ian Metcalfe's entire clearance sale and is bred from Hodgeson,Son and Cowies stock loft.

Have bred from him and the birds are still in the loft after the full YB programme this year and your best YB's are not always your best OB's my best hen Raggy didn't win a thing as an YB.

Priced to sell at £30.00 busschaerts aren't the latest fashion now but they are still winning for a lot of people.

Photo now attached

Payment Recieved

post-379-13284603545768_thumb.jpg

post-379-13284603705271_thumb.jpg

post-379-13284603856583_thumb.jpg

post-379-13284603987676_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Lot 13 2010 Latebred Jos Thone Grizzle Cocks Stock

2 No latebreds gifted to me by local good flier these cocks dam was 34th amal out of Folkstone in 2010 and has club and fed positions. The lad who give me these topped the stromg deerness vally fed twice this year beating the likes of Nelson, Hall and Ramm, Morland Blacklock and Elliot (highest points winner in WDA 2011) etc and he's only a small team flier in a bad loft location which is futhest west in the fed. He was also iunlucky with a bad trap on one race or he would have topped it three times.

These cocks were a bit too young to pair up and i don't have room for them at the new location so I have missed out really.

Offered free to however wants them on condition that if they bred anything to score I am informed and given a chance of having a yb to race from them.

Buyer to collect or pay carriage

Photo added

Both now given away one to a local flier and one to a scottish flier

post-379-13283732567352_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Lot 14 09 Blue Hen Race Team

This hen has won:-

4th Club Billericay 199 birds away

8th Fed Thorsby Hall 1070 birds away

Sire is Van Loon x busschaert stock cock Alan Hindhaugh lines brought from Barkel bro's Sunderland. sadly he escaped out of the race loft as was short of cocks and he escaped when dad forgot to lock him up before letting birds out to exercise

Dam- Banty Emmerson hen race team

This hen flown over channel in 2011

Photo now added

£20.00

post-379-13283733683819_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Photos now added more to come but i cocked up and deleted them from the camera when trying to download doh!

Still at loft tomorrow morning so should have photos on by teatime and plan to start getting the rest of the lots on by middle of next week. Just that busy with bairn babys are hard work lol

Lot 15 2010 Busschaert Cock Race Team

Sire is Ian Metcalfe busschaert cock that has bred numerous winners for Ian including:-

36th West Durham Amal Clermont National 6th July 2008 2,260 birds sent

This cock has also bred pigeons for me to win club, high federation positions and amal positions.

Dam is busschaert hen that won 1st club 5th fed Arras for local flier.

This young cock has flown channel twice in race team for me as yearling in 2011

£20.00 for good channel blood

Now Sold

post-379-13283759802523_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

Lot 16 2003 Busschaert Cock Stock Loft

The sire of lot 15 and dam of winners for Ian Metcalfe and I both inland and over the water.

Only for sale due to his age he filled his eggs in 2011 and again this year with his hen that he is paired with in stock loft at old location had had to chuck the eggs though and they were dippy as don't want any ybs to race this year as am packing in.

Due to age £30.00 which is fraction of his value as you struggle to find proper busschaerts like these anymore. Only going because if I have two to three years out he may be too old to get young uns out of then so he mays well do someone else some good!

post-379-13283769496474_thumb.jpg

post-379-13283769650126_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paulo

• Advert: Morray Firth One Loft Classic
  • Advert: M.A.C. Lofts Pigeon Products
  • Advert: RV Woodcraft
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders