Laurent Sauvage Of Awirs Q & A By Oldyellow

OLDYELLOW

Sexes are separated on the first week of June.

They are together only before basketing and just after a race.

Males and females are together about 5 minutes before being placed in baskets for the race.

After 4 races, I remove from the flying team every young bird which misses 2 times in a row.

By this way, there are always new territory to conquer for my young pigeons. This is an extra motivation.

My loft has 4 sections.

For their last 5 races, my 2 best young males were alone in their section.

They were like crazy each time I introduce a stranger in their section!

Their results were very good, with by example a 2nd /1889 pigeons on Bourges (278 miles, 38.5 MPH, winning the first prize in my area against 373 birds with more than 9 minutes in advance)

I don't let my young birds pair.

I think that pretty covers all the aspects of breeding , weaning , loft training , motivation and controlling the moult and road training and race preparation and health.

When did you start with racing pigeons ???? What strains are in your birds ???? and what are your goals for the future ????

From 1990 to 2005, I've had pigeons with my father.

The results were not regular. Seeing the birds returning from the race was the main satisfaction for us.

In 2008, I started racing at home.

In 2008, results were not good. In 2009, I had the 1st Ace Young Bird at my club.

In 2010, 5 X 1st Prize in my club with the youngsters.

So, in 2011, I have decided to play only the young birds.

This year has been like a dream for me.

6 X 1st prize in my club, 1st and 2nd Ace.

3rd Champion Msn Duivensport (before champions like Stickers-Donckers and Leo Heremans)

7th National Ace Pigeon Sprint Young Birds KBDB

and now 2nd young bird selected for Belgium for the FCI Continental Cup Budapest.

For the future, I hope to confirm and to continue my progression.

My base birds are coming from the Lier Market (Denruyter and Wellens (Gaston Van de Wouwer)) and from friends Jos Goessen, Eddy Esmanne and Marc Duchaine.

What stars have you in your breeding loft at this moment ???? and which birds have been your best racers this year ??? How do you select your birds for breeding ???

My best racers this years are 1035032/11 National Hope (7th National Ace YB Sprint KBDB + 2nd Continental Cup Budapest), 1035014/11 le Bourges = 4th Provincial Ace YB (Pollart x Goessen) and 6117421/11 le Wellens (1st Federal Ace YB + 5th Provincial Ace YB).

My best breeding pair is 6365560/04 (Grizzle De Veuster) X 2063499/08 (Denruyter).

In 2010, they breed White Comet: 1/151 Cul-des-Sarts, 1/136 Soissons, 2/153 Mariembourg and 7/178 Chimay.

In 2011, they breed National Hope.

Another very good breeder is 1030096/7 NL from Jos Goessen (Gronsveld).

She has given good birds with different partners and she is the mother of le Bourges.

For breeding, I usually prefer proven breeders or very good racers.

My best young racers are now in the breeding loft.

I have made exceptions this year for a young son of the 1st National La Souterraine from Bart Van Oeckel (Oud-Turnhout) and the nest brother of the 8th National Guéret from Eddy Janssens (Zandhoven).

Other transfers are Calimero, who is a grandson of Kannibaal Van Dyck and was the best racer from the Noyon Champion, Scheyltjens Frans & Jozef (Beerse) and Broer Kilo from Gunter Gysen (Berlaar) which has already breed winners on 4 generations.

I would like to thank you on behalf of the members for a very interesting informative thread and a insight to how you race your birds , and thank you for your time and wish you all the best for 2012 season :):emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

• Advert: Morray Firth One Loft Classic
  • Advert: M.A.C. Lofts Pigeon Products
  • Advert: RV Woodcraft
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders