Stray,S

Guest GAV

Guest lambrechts31

hi everyone im a new member, and just starting up i have 16 youngsters, that have just learned to fly out, but what worries me is the large amount of racing pigeons that go missing, surely hawks cant be blamed for them all, i read in the bhw mag. 1 scribe was missing a bird for 3 weeks then returned with another ring on, he thinks someone must have liked the colour any thoughts to people like that ?

hi everyone im a new member, and just starting up i have 16 youngsters, that have just learned to fly out, but what worries me is the large amount of racing pigeons that go missing, surely hawks cant be blamed for them all, i read in the bhw mag. 1 scribe was missing a bird for 3 weeks then returned with another ring on, he thinks someone must have liked the colour any thoughts to people like that ?

SCUM OF THE EARTHhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0179-headbang.gifhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0179-headbang.gifhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0179-headbang.gif

That may not have been what actually happened and perhaps just one person's less-than-gracious view of an event? I know that there are different practices for returning stray pigeons to their home area, not directly to their owner. I've put a pigeon on the transporter going to a race from Nottinghamshire which is closer to where that bird belongs (Derbyshire) than where it ended up in Central Scotland. But I also know of 2 members on here who agreed on the return of stray from North to Central Scotland via Ripon. If that pigeon went into a race pannier, then it has to be rubbered, and sent as a trainer even tho it's not wanted back. I know of others who do the same.

At the end of the day, nobody likes a bird back in a box, but if it has worked its way home from being a stray, albeit with the help of another loft, then these pigeons are usually seen to have earned a second chance.