Pigeonbasics Forum: Liberation Sites - Pigeonbasics Forum

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Liberation Sites Good/Bad and reports

#1 User is offline   sapper756 

  • TOP GUN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 21,978
  • Joined: 31-January 06
  • LocationThe Kingdom of Fife
  • Club:Retired Doo Man

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:21 AM

It would be interesting to hear the individual views of PB members on individual Liberation Sites, which they think are good and which they believe are bad liberation sites, and why.

I hear a lot of talk among fanciers regarding liberation points, and why and why they should not be used, ie, BOP, birds trapped in valleys, too near bigger birdage liberation sites, overhead wires ect.

So lets hear your views.experiences.

Also, does your federation actively visit liberation sites before proposing them for your annual program?

Thank youPosted Image
Posted Image


HE WHO DARES WINS.

Everybody wants change, but nobody wants to change.

#2 User is offline   VAGIN 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 555
  • Joined: 26-July 08
  • LocationElgin Moray
  • Club:Buckie

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

I think the guys with all this knowledge would be your fed drivers. The must be in and oot the sites year after year
<b><font size="14"><font color="blue">Doos are for life /Not just for saturday racing</font></font></b>

#3 Guestchallengerlofts_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

I think, we should provide an eagle owl on liberation sites. Whosever own the land, maybe we can ask them if they can keep an eagle owl. Let it fly around before the liberation time. All we need is to sit down and talk about it. :)

#4 User is offline   knoxjn 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 628
  • Joined: 24-November 07

Posted 30 July 2011 - 13:29 PM

wires and trees etc are easily dealt with bop we have no control over just been told there are five percys at the quarry at ratho tats five in the one quarry could someone explai to me how that can possibly be an endangered species one was circling my loft last night as i basketed the young birds
remind me why we do this please

#5 User is offline   tiger 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,162
  • Joined: 17-October 09

Posted 30 July 2011 - 13:35 PM

View Postknoxjn, on 30 July 2011 - 13:29 PM, said:

wires and trees etc are easily dealt with bop we have no control over just been told there are five percys at the quarry at ratho tats five in the one quarry could someone explai to me how that can possibly be an endangered species one was circling my loft last night as i basketed the young birds

deal with it ;)

#6 User is offline   Novice 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: question and answers
  • Posts: 2,510
  • Joined: 16-April 08

Posted 30 July 2011 - 15:06 PM

View Postchallengerlofts, on 30 July 2011 - 12:40 PM, said:

I think, we should provide an eagle owl on liberation sites. Whosever own the land, maybe we can ask them if they can keep an eagle owl. Let it fly around before the liberation time. All we need is to sit down and talk about it. :)


A controlled release of latebreds immediately before liberation would help.

#7 User is offline   W.D. 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 577
  • Joined: 27-October 05

Posted 30 July 2011 - 22:19 PM

Our convoyer has been letting off a couple of rockets just before letting birds up for the last 2 seasons,except at Portland where he got told off by Coast guard, as he said it could be mistaken for distress flares.
It has made a difference in that at least they get a start instead of getting attacked at racepoint.
Dont know if this is of any help?

#8 User is offline   Ian McKay 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,694
  • Joined: 1-November 06

Posted 30 July 2011 - 22:46 PM

Good idea might have to try that we are being decimated and only on 2nd Yb race :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

#9 User is offline   cemetary 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 9,181
  • Joined: 8-August 05
  • LocationKingdom Owe Fife

Posted 30 July 2011 - 23:10 PM

View PostW.D., on 30 July 2011 - 23:19 PM, said:

Our convoyer has been letting off a couple of rockets just before letting birds up for the last 2 seasons,except at Portland where he got told off by Coast guard, as he said it could be mistaken for distress flares.
It has made a difference in that at least they get a start instead of getting attacked at racepoint.
Dont know if this is of any help?



As long as there are not colourful and act as a distress signal, i cant see why they cant be used at any liberation site, they are no harm, but i think, JMO that when you set them off, Percy just moves awe a couple of miles from the liberation site until the birds are free.

A no a guy tryed this when liberating the doos from a toss and they got well melted, make sure they are well awe from the transporter at the time of liberation.
Rembrant2coo/Clocky Auld Bampots, ;D ;D

Holly Bank Lofts. :)

What goes around comes around, and i will be there to see it, ;)

#10 User is offline   Ian McKay 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,694
  • Joined: 1-November 06

Posted 30 July 2011 - 23:15 PM

Jumbo came down to my place and let off some youngsters I think the hawk was in the basket we them (Ihad not seen a hawk for weeks) :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:


I let off a rocket and hope Jumbo will give you the answer :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

#11 Gueststb-_*

  • Group: Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 23:15 PM

View Postcemetary, on 30 July 2011 - 23:10 PM, said:

As long as there are not colourful and act as a distress signal, i cant see why they cant be used at any liberation site, they are no harm, but i think, JMO that when you set them off, Percy just moves awe a couple of miles from the liberation site until the birds are free.

A no a guy tryed this when liberating the doos from a toss and they got well melted, make sure they are well awe from the transporter at the time of liberation.

ITS AW RITE WE WILL JUST LET YOU HAWD THE SPARKLERS DOUGIE :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

MIND WEAR YER GLOVES THOO :scotland:

#12 User is offline   cemetary 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 9,181
  • Joined: 8-August 05
  • LocationKingdom Owe Fife

Posted 30 July 2011 - 23:25 PM

View Poststb-, on 31 July 2011 - 00:15 AM, said:

ITS AW RITE WE WILL JUST LET YOU HAWD THE SPARKLERS DOUGIE :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

MIND WEAR YER GLOVES THOO :scotland:



Rab, letting aff rockets at liberation sites a dont think it works mate, the pigeon guys have got to stick together and fix the problem out, it wont go awe. ;)
Rembrant2coo/Clocky Auld Bampots, ;D ;D

Holly Bank Lofts. :)

What goes around comes around, and i will be there to see it, ;)

#13 User is offline   Jumbo 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,287
  • Joined: 18-January 06
  • LocationKintore, Aberdeenshire
  • Club:Sunnybank & Inverurie

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:05 AM

View PostIan McKay, on 31 July 2011 - 00:15 AM, said:

Jumbo came down to my place and let off some youngsters I think the hawk was in the basket we them (Ihad not seen a hawk for weeks) :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:


I let off a rocket and hope Jumbo will give you the answer :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:


This is true , i took over some later bred youngsters last year and libbed them from Iain's bowling green, no sooner were they in the air the hawk was circling them ,once Iain managed to find a pipe to fire the rocket , the hawk dissappeared and i got all my youngsters back

#14 User is offline   Tony C 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sprint Specialist
  • Posts: 6,855
  • Joined: 31-December 05
  • LocationDagenham Essex
  • Club:Dagenham Trades Hall

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:53 AM

Newark & Selby are two liberation points that can give dodgy races when the wind comes in from the east.
Brits ahoy
Posted Image
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left
Tony Calverley


#15 User is offline   THE FIFER 

  • ADMIN
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 36,920
  • Joined: 7-August 05
  • LocationFIFE
  • Club:Leven HS

Posted 5 August 2011 - 20:57 PM

is there any site which have had bad reports with reference to losses,
THE FIFER (ADMIN)

http://fiferpigeons....lueyonder.co.uk




�� NOTICE

DELEGATES ARE MESSENGERS

#16 User is offline   greenlands 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,754
  • Joined: 21-June 08
  • LocationWest Cumbria.

Posted 6 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

View PostW.D., on 30 July 2011 - 23:19 PM, said:

Our convoyer has been letting off a couple of rockets just before letting birds up for the last 2 seasons,except at Portland where he got told off by Coast guard, as he said it could be mistaken for distress flares.
It has made a difference in that at least they get a start instead of getting attacked at racepoint.
Dont know if this is of any help?

Probably the coast guards a memebr of the RSPB.

#17 User is offline   THE FIFER 

  • ADMIN
  • Icon
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 36,920
  • Joined: 7-August 05
  • LocationFIFE
  • Club:Leven HS

Posted 6 August 2011 - 10:45 AM

if they dont know the difference between a guy fox rocket and a distress signal they should go back to school, maybe members of the public could mistake them, plus the convoyer wont be letting them up over the sea, :emoticon-0138-thinking:
THE FIFER (ADMIN)

http://fiferpigeons....lueyonder.co.uk




�� NOTICE

DELEGATES ARE MESSENGERS

#18 User is offline   Delboy 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Posts: 13,127
  • Joined: 27-January 08

Posted 6 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

View Posttiger, on 30 July 2011 - 14:35 PM, said:

deal with it ;)


exactly

View PostNovice, on 30 July 2011 - 16:06 PM, said:

A controlled release of latebreds immediately before liberation would help.



thats the way forward
Derek Hay, Kirkintilloch

#19 User is offline   knoxjn 

  • Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 628
  • Joined: 24-November 07

Posted 6 August 2011 - 14:10 PM

how exactly do i deal with it ?????
remind me why we do this please

#20 User is offline   tiger 

  • High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,162
  • Joined: 17-October 09

Posted 6 August 2011 - 16:02 PM

View Postknoxjn, on 6 August 2011 - 14:10 PM, said:

how exactly do i deal with it ?????

simple ,ur not that green

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


  • Advert: Crafty Fifer: bespoke loft equipment
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders