Liberation Sites

sapper756

It would be interesting to hear the individual views of PB members on individual Liberation Sites, which they think are good and which they believe are bad liberation sites, and why.

I hear a lot of talk among fanciers regarding liberation points, and why and why they should not be used, ie, BOP, birds trapped in valleys, too near bigger birdage liberation sites, overhead wires ect.

So lets hear your views.experiences.

Also, does your federation actively visit liberation sites before proposing them for your annual program?

Thank youhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/emoticon-0126-nerd.gif

Guest challengerlofts

I think, we should provide an eagle owl on liberation sites. Whosever own the land, maybe we can ask them if they can keep an eagle owl. Let it fly around before the liberation time. All we need is to sit down and talk about it. :)

wires and trees etc are easily dealt with bop we have no control over just been told there are five percys at the quarry at ratho tats five in the one quarry could someone explai to me how that can possibly be an endangered species one was circling my loft last night as i basketed the young birds

wires and trees etc are easily dealt with bop we have no control over just been told there are five percys at the quarry at ratho tats five in the one quarry could someone explai to me how that can possibly be an endangered species one was circling my loft last night as i basketed the young birds

deal with it ;)

I think, we should provide an eagle owl on liberation sites. Whosever own the land, maybe we can ask them if they can keep an eagle owl. Let it fly around before the liberation time. All we need is to sit down and talk about it. :)

A controlled release of latebreds immediately before liberation would help.

Our convoyer has been letting off a couple of rockets just before letting birds up for the last 2 seasons,except at Portland where he got told off by Coast guard, as he said it could be mistaken for distress flares.

It has made a difference in that at least they get a start instead of getting attacked at racepoint.

Dont know if this is of any help?

Our convoyer has been letting off a couple of rockets just before letting birds up for the last 2 seasons,except at Portland where he got told off by Coast guard, as he said it could be mistaken for distress flares.

It has made a difference in that at least they get a start instead of getting attacked at racepoint.

As long as there are not colourful and act as a distress signal, i cant see why they cant be used at any liberation site, they are no harm, but i think, JMO that when you set them off, Percy just moves awe a couple of miles from the liberation site until the birds are free.

A no a guy tryed this when liberating the doos from a toss and they got well melted, make sure they are well awe from the transporter at the time of liberation.

As long as there are not colourful and act as a distress signal, i cant see why they cant be used at any liberation site, they are no harm, but i think, JMO that when you set them off, Percy just moves awe a couple of miles from the liberation site until the birds are free.

A no a guy tryed this when liberating the doos from a toss and they got well melted, make sure they are well awe from the transporter at the time of liberation.

ITS AW RITE WE WILL JUST LET YOU HAWD THE SPARKLERS DOUGIE :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

MIND WEAR YER GLOVES THOO :scotland:

ITS AW RITE WE WILL JUST LET YOU HAWD THE SPARKLERS DOUGIE :emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle::emoticon-0136-giggle:

MIND WEAR YER GLOVES THOO :scotland:

Rab, letting aff rockets at liberation sites a dont think it works mate, the pigeon guys have got to stick together and fix the problem out, it wont go awe. ;)

Jumbo came down to my place and let off some youngsters I think the hawk was in the basket we them (Ihad not seen a hawk for weeks) :emoticon-0179-headbang: :emoticon-0179-headbang:

I let off a rocket and hope Jumbo will give you the answer :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

This is true , i took over some later bred youngsters last year and libbed them from Iain's bowling green, no sooner were they in the air the hawk was circling them ,once Iain managed to find a pipe to fire the rocket , the hawk dissappeared and i got all my youngsters back

Probably the coast guards a memebr of the RSPB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...