Lanarkshire Fed

sammy

an English federation would not pass on information on when they would liberate at scotch corner

and also some Scottish fed's that did go early were not clearing properly

heard of two fed's that headed south on liberation

why it's all a secret is beyond me it's our birds

maybe some other's can confirm these statements as correct or false

taken from another good pigeon site

am not sticking up for that combine but i was at wetherby waiting to lib i phoned my race advisor at 8am told him iwas ready to lib the birds he said he was trying get hold of the scotish feds at selby but he was having problems getting through to them my race advisor phoned me backat 8 10am and told me they were holding because the weather in scotland was bad i ib my convoy at 8 15am & 8 45amonly to find out that the scotish feds had libbed just after me 15miles away my self and my race always that are libbing near us we should always talk to each other

Guest Gareth Rankin

an English federation would not pass on information on when they would liberate at scotch corner

Don't see how a fed with doos heading south from Scotch corner would enterfere with Lanarkshire at selby some 50-60 miles away, with strong south winds the birds from each of these organisations with be flying at different heights.

What was the other Feds that liberated at Selby from Scotland, Ayrshire and ballochmyle liberated at the same time as us but wasn't aware of any other Feds.

with winds getting stronger as the day went on and rain moving in Lanarkshire missed the boat yesterday. JMO

Guest Gareth Rankin

taken from another good pigeon site

am not sticking up for that combine but i was at wetherby waiting to lib i phoned my race advisor at 8am told him iwas ready to lib the birds he said he was trying get hold of the scotish feds at selby but he was having problems getting through to them my race advisor phoned me backat 8 10am and told me they were holding because the weather in scotland was bad i ib my convoy at 8 15am & 8 45amonly to find out that the scotish feds had libbed just after me 15miles away my self and my race always that are libbing near us we should always talk to each other

Shambles

The West Essex Fed were at Wetherby yesterday, libbed at 08:15. The West Essex race controller made contact with the Scottish Feds at Selby knowing there was a good few thousand there, he was told they'll not be going anywhere indicating a holdover was on the cards. You'll find the West Essex race controllers phone number in the Homing World (inside back page) if you would like to confirm this.

THEY SHOULD BE TALKING TO EACHOTHER EVERY WEEK IMO BUT FUNNY HOW HARDLY ANYBODY EVER CONGRATULATES THE RACE CONTROLLER WHEN WE HAVE A GOOD RACE BUT ARE 1ST TO SHOOT HIM DOON WHEN THEY THINK HE HAS MADE AN *expletive removed* OF IT :emoticon-0138-thinking::emoticon-0138-thinking::emoticon-0138-thinking:

Guest TAMMY_1

Don't see how a fed with doos heading south from Scotch corner would enterfere with Lanarkshire at selby some 50-60 miles away, with strong south winds the birds from each of these organisations with be flying at different heights.

What was the other Feds that liberated at Selby from Scotland, Ayrshire and ballochmyle liberated at the same time as us but wasn't aware of any other Feds.

with winds getting stronger as the day went on and rain moving in Lanarkshire missed the boat yesterday. JMO

Was it a bad race ?

they might talk to each other this week wullie as west essex fed is at the same place as lanarkshire this week.

A good opportunity for the conveyers to have a pow-wow and exchange mobile phone numbers.

Guest Gareth Rankin

As usual Tam, some finished up with very good returns many had very poor returns. Approx 20% - 25% of the convoy needlesly slept out from a race of 180 miles in a tail wind because of the shambles of a late liberation when poor weather was moving into Scotland, every tom dick and harry new this and yet their was nose bleeds liberating early because it was 2 degrees to cold in a tail wind.

A good opportunity for the conveyers to have a pow-wow and exchange mobile phone numbers.

every time your fed has a sticky race you gareth are the first on here shouting about, it maybe at your fed agm you should stand up for the job or are you just one of these guys that moan about everything that dosent go your way

Guest Gareth Rankin

every time your fed has a sticky race you gareth are the first on here shouting about, it maybe at your fed agm you should stand up for the job or are you just one of these guys that moan about everything that dosent go your way

If I'm not mistaken the last time I had a go at the race controller of my fed was almost 2 years ago to the day when the same controller cancelled the race for the full weekend at 10.00 on the Friday, when yes every Tom dick and harry new the weather was good for the Saturday and Sunday.

Regards to putting my hand up for positions then maybe one day in the future I will take on a resposibility as I have in the past but my priorty at present is my kids, work and looking after the doos. Have always had respect for race controllers but not ones with a twisted devilment within.

If I'm not mistaken the last time I had a go at the race controller of my fed was almost 2 years ago to the day when the same controller cancelled the race for the full weekend at 10.00 on the Friday, when yes every Tom dick and harry new the weather was good for the Saturday and Sunday.

Regards to putting my hand up for positions then maybe one day in the future I will take on a resposibility but my priorty at present is my kids, work and looking after the doos.

Well said that Man.

Lets not forget the 98% rule which is nothing to do with race controlling but i agree with Gareth and the one thing that has to be changed is telling fanciers that there will be no word until 10.00am them bump away at 8.45 am.Someone is playing dangerous mind games and it has to be curtailed.

Guest KING BILLY

HERD THARES A LOT OF LANARKSHIRE DOOS IN AYRSHIRE ARE THAY GETTING TO LIB WITH THE LANARKSHIRE DOOS IF SO NOT A GOOD IDEAR INTO A STRONG SOTH WIND LO

can anyone explain why the lanarkshire fed had as late a liberation when all other federations went a lot earlier

The lorry doesnt leave Lanarkshire until 5am so the time it gets to Selby is roughly 8am the time he waters them is roughly back of 9 and let the birds settle you have missed the boat

was beside them at sedgefield and they were at racepoint around half two in the morning i wish you guys would check before coming on here

WE WOULD NOT NEED TO CHECK IF SOMEONE POSTED THE CONVOYER AND CONTROLLERS REPORT ON LANARKSHIRE'S WEBSITE

BUT WE DON'T HAVE A WEBSITE NOR DO WE GET ANY REPORTS FROM EITHER MAN!!!!!

but thank's to yourself we have some information at last

remember it is our birds our fed and our money

WE WOULD NOT NEED TO CHECK IF SOMEONE POSTED THE CONVOYER AND CONTROLLERS REPORT ON LANARKSHIRE'S WEBSITE

BUT WE DON'T HAVE A WEBSITE NOR DO WE GET ANY REPORTS FROM EITHER MAN!!!!!

but thank's to yourself we have some information at last

remember it is our birds our fed and our money

That is one thing we have to be grateful for here in the Solway fed ,due to the wonderful efforts and hard work of our President Mr Walter Swanston and secretary Mr Maurice Lytollis we have an up to date news letter regarding all fed issues and also a first class Web site with all up to date information and results including each race report with controllers and convoyers every move in black and white who phoned who and when to the minute a very big well done to them ,We liberated at 6-30 on saturday to give the birds a fighting chance the leaders made very good time although there were some big losses with some very good birds amiss due to the strong winds and with us racing the a1 route with so many other feds clashing must be taking place with so many looking for that window in what was a very limited timescale on Saturday due to the advancing weather front ,We have a wonderful controller in Raymond White and come the AGM'S have never seen a queue of people willing to take on the job ,Its a thankless task lads,I am out of bed at daybreak on a Saturday whether racing or not to give a weather report for the well being of the midland and ballochmyle doos and am always happy to here of there safe return .