Gerry Plus

bombersbullets

Guest pied 09

any advice on this would be helping me aswell as im useing it but thinking of adding something to it as we go further down the road. but not sure what or when. only adding peanuts from wednesday on so far

most of ones using gerry plus use it all time sprint to middle distance , No matter what corn or brand you feed the important thing is to ensure you don't over feed , fat birds don't win races , keep then lean and mean below 400 miles 400 miles plus different story they need as much as they like , however i find fit birds wont each much , it's more a problem getting them to eat ;)

You'll find Versele-laga's suggested feeding regime here http://www.versele-l...vnschms2005.pdf

I've always done it that way and won over the water 400ml+,this season I've made a slight adjustment and that's just because I have two bags of Vesele-laga new breed/race mix.they get that instead of the super star.

Lindsay

Have read in the feeding plan that gerry plus should be given 100% Sun,Mon,Tues,it also says that gerry plus is very poor in proteins,surely these are the days when you are supposed to be given proteins.

what you have to remember on those systems and racing from noyon and quiverain the birds never fly more then 90 minutes from quiverain and a steady noyon they will only be in the air for 180 minutes roughly. Quiet different to an inland programme or sprint programme in the UK, feeding to those tight measures the birds in the uk will not last the full season if they hit a couple of bad races. I feel it is a good system and a good base however things will need to be tweaked from week to week. Myself i would use this system but change it once got to 170 mile stage, maybe even before if there was nose winds

• 5 years later...

Have read in the feeding plan that gerry plus should be given 100% Sun,Mon,Tues,it also says that gerry plus is very poor in proteins,surely these are the days when you are supposed to be given proteins.

That's what I would think

Be interested in what others think as I would feed the system the other way around just adding some fats to it late in the week had I not have read previously how it should be fed in conjunction with superstar

I've always done it that way and won over the water 400ml+,this season I've made a slight adjustment and that's just because I have two bags of Vesele-laga new breed/race mix.they get that instead of the super star.

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay

How did you find the breed/ race mix

I ask as I was going to feed Gerry in the morning and the pro sport mix at night then the sport mix both feeds at the end of the week

It looks a nice clean mix

Hi Lindsay

How did you find the breed/ race mix

I ask as I was going to feed Gerry in the morning and the pro sport mix at night then the sport mix both feeds at the end of the week

It looks a nice clean mix

Haven't used their breeding mix for a couple of seasons,but my mate used sublime this season and his young birds look the part.Racing have always used Gerry + and diet later in the week.

https://www.burnhills.com/bird-c7/pigeon-c24/versele-laga-breeding-extra-sublime-pigeon-25kg-pigeon-feed-p3693

Do you realise this is a six year old thread? (from 2011)

Yes of course

that's why I asked how Greenlands found the mixture he was using ,in the main due to the fact its £9.75 and looks clean to me

I wanted to ask to see if he was still using the breed and sport mx and his findings

• 2 years later...