Feeding Before A Race

PIGEON_MAN

Guest williamtell

Same as fit women :emoticon-0136-giggle:

I don't feed the birds on the day of basketing, up till Thursday night basketing then normal feed in the morning and light feed at night

Regards

W.T

even runners load up carbs on the day before a race,so for me having nothing to eat from a friday morning to a sat lib the birds have got to be hungry and low on fuel,even when you feed late on a night feel the birds crop in the morning nothing or very little in jmo but as me uncle used to say all roads lead to rome

Guest big slim

We fill up the hoppers and pots on friday morning, and remove about midday. After thursdays feed they do not eat very much but its there if they want it. I cant understand sending birds hungry to any race.

My roundabout pigeons have corn at them all the time.(cocks and hens). Sometimes depurative, sometimes light mix, sometimes maples and beans..on a Thursday night after flying they each get a hopper full of widowhood mix and I don't go back in the loft till basketing on Friday...end of the day it's whatever works for the individual..and this certainly works for me...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest williamtell

I Never feed on the day of Friday night basketing for a Saturday release. On Thursday night basketing feed heavy a.m. and a light feed p.m. 4-5 hours before basketing. They get fed in the basket by the liberator Friday afternoon for a Saturday liberation.

Regards WT