Wikipedia Article

A very well done, the pigeon racing article is vastly improved since the last time I looked.

Perhaps it would be possible to link through the War Pigeons, GI Joe, etc articles which I've seen on Wikipedia?

So many people now turn to Wikipedia for their first information on a subject it is vital that Pigeon racing is well documented. I'd like to urge all fanciers to have a look at the article and other pigeon related ones on there, and if there is anything missing or to change, just get in touch with abbott75, myself, or it is possible to edit the article yourself.

Guest TAMMY_1

just picking up on the point where you say you can edit articles yourself, there was a programmo on tv a few months back about the same thing where it was broaching on the subject of folk editing articles and inserting the wrong information, it also stated it was not liable for any information used which was incorrect and also stated it could not guarantee everything was always 100% correct as they could not watch or check every single item included

Due to its open nature, critics have questioned Wikipedia's reliability and accuracy. The site has also been criticized for its susceptibility to vandalism, uneven quality, systemic bias and inconsistencies, and for favoring consensus over credentials in its editorial process. Wikipedia's content policies and sub-projects set up by contributors seek to address these concerns. Two scholarly studies have concluded that vandalism is generally short-lived and that Wikipedia is roughly as accurate as other encyclopedias.

Your right, there have been a few high profile cases where people have edited wrong content (however all edits are logged, and are quickly reverted if someone defaces a page). However purely on the volume of people that use Wikipedia as their first source of information it is a valuable resource that we should embrace - it's also free! Anyhow, who would want to deface an article on pigeon racing :X ;D

Thanks for the contributions guys! Keep 'em coming!

I am Australian, however I notice this site is fairly UK-centric. Perhaps you guys could attempt to fill out the UK section of the article? If you don't feel comfortable editing it yourself, just drop me a line with what you want changed/added and I'll be happy to fix it up for you.

Again, Thanks!

Guest TAMMY_1

Your right, there have been a few high profile cases where people have edited wrong content (however all edits are logged, and are quickly reverted if someone defaces a page). However purely on the volume of people that use Wikipedia as their first source of information it is a valuable resource that we should embrace - it's also free! Anyhow, who would want to deface an article on pigeon racing :X ;D

just cant remember but the actual case i was talking about was when somebody had taken what they thought was correct information and used it and something went badly wrong because of this and i think they tried to claim money back because the information was wrong and when it was checked it was found that somebody had changed an article's content,  this is just some of the news report that sticks in my mind and if this is not excatly corect i know it is something along those lines, but as you say its free and for most of who are not using it to try and make money it is perfect