Help

bought a 5yr old jan arde cock in october , he never looked settled and won.t even look a a hen ,took him out nest boxend and left him with two hens . he just sits on the perch no interest whatsoever , he is in perfect condition .

bought a 5yr old jan arde cock in october , he never looked settled and won.t even look a a hen ,took him out nest boxend and left him with two hens . he just sits on the perch no interest whatsoever , he is in perfect condition .

leave him in wi the 2 hens and feed him a wee drop hemp seed

soon fire him up

have had 1or2 the same i tried several ways, but found it best to put cock in a section on his own for up to a week then put the hen in you want him to pair to leave her with him for a couple of hours them take her out do this for a couple of days should work,

Guest geordiejen

ive never known of a cock bird sulking over an old hen.if theirs a hen strutting her stuff my cock birds would be down on it like lightning.

did he come from louellas by any chance ????????????

I experienced the same thing with cocks from louella that were very well bred...listless and looked a little lacking vitality...even moulting at odd times.

In 2 words i would say Shagged useless!!

These birds are bulled night and day in never ending artificial light.Stands to reason the body clock is knocked to pieces.

It has taken some of my stock doos that i purchased from louella many ,many months to hit reality.

Just an opinion but i think a valid one!

DAVID

have had 1or2 the same i tried several ways, but found it best to put cock in a section on his own for up to a week then put the hen in you want him to pair to leave her with him for a couple of hours them take her out do this for a couple of days should work,

listen to kirky will do the trick let him settle he dont no if he coming or going