Spotted Racing Pigeon In Saudi Arabia

Guest Adrian Drummond-Hill

Guest Adrian Drummond-Hill

I spotted the pigeon pictured below at the lake near to Dammam Airport in Saudi Arabia. Noticing the rings on the leg I thought I'd post a picture of it here just in case someone wonders where it is. Incidentally, there were four marsh harriers in the vicinity.

ajdhill@gmail.com

Guest REDFOXKRAUTHS

It looks like a Saudi 2010 ring same colour and shape etc, and as for people reporting GB pigeons far away it is because of rings sold on ebay going on to birds in that country

Guest roselan

I remember some years ago the late great Mike Young with his "Spangles" had a visit from a Sheik and he ordered some OB and a number of Y/birds from him which he sent by air in special crates with none spill drinkers with sponge in them to retain water.The Sheik came in a stretch limo and as Mike lived on a farm and the birds were down in a field and it was very muddy Mike asked if he wanted some wellies but he said don't woory Mr Young and lifted his gown and folloed through the mud in his sandals.He then told his chaufer to pay him several thousand ponds in cash.