Young Bird Strays

sapper756

With the high number of youngsters lost over the past few weeks, how many PB members have had any reported or returned ?http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

From the youngsters I have lost, I have not heard of the where abouts of a single youngsterhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Where are these youngsters, there must be hundreds maybe thousands missinghttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

They don,t simply disappear, or do they??????http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

had 2 reported 1 on the southcoast by non fanicer after

they looked after it for aweek it returned on its own :)

and the other 1 is in Reading with Mr&Mrs Chucker[spelling?]

who is going to toss it in Luton for me about 10m from home,so would

like to thank them both.still 10 some where else?

t

I have had three reported,first one not too far away from a training toss apparently hit by BOP,it was reported in the Millom area and the fancier managed to get it nearer home when it returned under it's own steam.No2 was reported in Fleetwood in a local vets,a fancier mate was going to Morcambe to pick his misses up and collected several strays on his travels.No3 reported by a fancier in Lancaster and was again collected by the fancier who picked No2 up for me,again collecting several more.

Lindsay.

There have been a lot of young birds lost in Derwent Valley and West Cumbria federations,there are three or four fanciers who have gone out of their way to assist others,on behalf of myself and other fellow fanciers I would like to thank them for their genuine efforts.

Lindsay C.

Dearham.

There are more pigeons being reported by the public, then our own members, Our sport seem to be going one step forword & two steps back!!. Come on folks a phone call don't cost as much as a pint of beer. I have lost over 25 pigeons so far this season, & NOT had one reported :angry:

My losses are insignificant compared to others reported on here. I lost 6 even before training began; none in training, and 3 over 4 races; I've not had any reported or returned in stray basket.

lost about 19 birds up till now got one returned on transporter and one reported to old club sec who didn't think it was important enough to let me know i found out by a club member who new the person who found it . and the rest ive not seen or heard head nor tails of. ive reported over 10 this season even brought some back from stray centre for closer to home liberations will continue to report them and hope some of mine get reported or work there way back.

lost about 19 birds up till now got one returned on transporter and one reported to old club sec who didn't think it was important enough to let me know i found out by a club member who new the person who found it . and the rest ive not seen or heard head nor tails of. ive reported over 10 this season even brought some back from stray centre for closer to home liberations will continue to report them and hope some of mine get reported or work there way back.

Hello everyone, I am a non fancier. I have reported a exhausted bird to her owner. It came and sat outside my office for two days. We gave it food and water, but it wouldn't fly away as it seemed too tired (it came from Liverpool to Luton!). Anyway, we in the office were very excited. It is in my home now and I think it is having a nice time, it is eating and drinking. I play it music and it seems to soothe it. I think it is young because it has 10 on its ring, does that mean it was hatched in 2010?

It should be collected sometime next week. But in the meantime, we love having her with us. I've made it a nice home, a food area and a sleeping area. see pic.

Hello everyone, I am a non fancier. I have reported a exhausted bird to her owner. It came and sat outside my office for two days. We gave it food and water, but it wouldn't fly away as it seemed too tired (it came from Liverpool to Luton!). Anyway, we in the office were very excited. It is in my home now and I think it is having a nice time, it is eating and drinking. I play it music and it seems to soothe it. I think it is young because it has 10 on its ring, does that mean it was hatched in 2010?

It should be collected sometime next week. But in the meantime, we love having her with us. I've made it a nice home, a food area and a sleeping area. see pic.

Thats very good of you Annika to help out a young bird - 2010 ring does mean it hatched out sometime this year

It is fortunate to have met a caring person such as yourself to take good care of it - well done

how many of your birds had wing stamps ,how many had telephone address rings on -and dont say u cant afford it ,i think it was clairs pets where i got 100 tel stickers for 8.50 ,these are stuck to my ets rings

both wings are stamped three times each side -it works. and i can tell all the scottish fanciers that since they started useing consett as a release site that any strays in this area are given back to transport drivers on site ,but like all towns if your strays join the feral birds in our areas there is nothing we can do -,but there isnt as many people keeping pigeons as there was 5 years ago but lots more roofs to sit on.

WHAT WE DO NEED IS-permission to transport strays back into areas with our race birds.the WDA will not allow any member to box a bird and put it on a transporter to be liberated nearer its home if we are going that way.that is why when i send birds back into scotland via scottish transporters i ask if they will accept the strays.todate this year i have sent 19 home this way reported one gb dead and found the owner of one su stray had bought it and lives in the north east and collected it from mr address.

yours in sport

TERRY

Thats very good of you Annika to help out a young bird - 2010 ring does mean it hatched out sometime this year

It is fortunate to have met a caring person such as yourself to take good care of it - well done

Thanks. It is nice to see her get strong and she is looking very healthy now. It is a bit stressful keeping her in a box (although the box is quite big), i bet she is dying to spread her wings. how often would they normally exercise in their proper homes?

By the way, I doubt a non-fancier would have the confidence to look at a bird's wings. I wouldn't. So phone number and pigeon ref number on leg is best in my opinion.

Guest youngboy

1 reported in a club some 20 mile east from me then was tAlkin to follwing week to say he wouldn go into loft and caught him in neighbours garden but hes back anyway B)