Building My Widowhood Boxes

OLDYELLOW

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the other reason is can get 6 cocks at top ,  pigeons dont like the bottom boxes so as well as saving my back im actualy making them happier ;)

8) 8)what are privacy covers i yhink i now what yu are goin 2 do iv they are widow boxes are yu goin 2 keep the hen in one side cover them up so when the cocks go out in the morning and nite yu let the hens out ov boxes 4 food and drink and then 10 minz before yu get the cocks in you loke hens up and do yu cover the box up so the cocks dont see them am i right. 8)

privacy covers are a piece of plastic that clip over the fronts this will stop the flytes from getting snapped like a traditional style widowhood box , but the hens will have there own section as they wouldnt be keen enough as would constantly know there cock was so close

the section is 8 ft x 6 ft so theres a 4ft x 8ft floor space left more than enough and i can stretch my arm out from front wall and not quite touch  boxes but very managable

normal box 28 x 14  mine are 2 ft x 14 plenty of room  when shut in together , have blocks to go on front yet ;) but am going to see if workable without first