Building My Widowhood Boxes

OLDYELLOW

Building My Widowhood Boxes i have been requested by a young fancier who would like me to show him step by step instuctions on how im building my boxes as he will be doing this shortly . Please note these boxes are not as standard widowhood boxes as turned 90'degrees to suit myself and are 4 inch smaller than standard sized widowhood boxes  as a sheets of chipboard is 8 FT X 4 FT so easier to work with half a sheet cutting down on overall costs .Please do not post on this board till i have completed the boxes , many thanks Mark

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sheet cutting plans were taken in this morning , the wood cost £102.17    £3.20 of that was to have it cut , now a pack of jigsaw blades would be double and the time to cut down would be a couple of days so money well spent . Wood should arrive tomorrow morning , bang there goes my sleep in ;)

ill have  16  widowhood boxes ( 2 ft x 14 inch ) rember the back wall has already been lined with chipboard  i could get another 2 rows in bottom creating another 12 boxes but im going to use this as storage space , and wouldnt like to over crowd my birds ,  the days of bending over are nearly over lol

no i aint at that stage yet ill build the boxes then ill get the fronts then the nest box floor grills as i dont want to damage anything as room will be at a shortage my hen loft is not done either and the amount of stuff in there is incredible , will have to move all my corn out of the widowhood loft today as thats where i have stored my last supply. then ill take a few pictures of the lined wall and floor to add to this post.

ran out of brackets have them on order should be here tomorrow , so should have the boxes done with a bit of luck , note the brackets i use these as when i want to change the base i just unscrew and put a new board in

had to wait all day for brackets ariving started at 4 pm i did not finish till 9 pm im aching too much today so having a well deserved day of , ill go buy my fronts