Van Loons

Wiley

Guest mick bowler

darren peters off pigeon chat

Van Loons Tom???

Still some good ones about, hard to find them though, a great family of birds.

Van Loons the fastest pigeons in the UK that can stay 450 mile.These are multi purpose birds with hearts as big as lions.In good health they are virtually impossible to loose.No weather will they turn from no wind will they not battle.They are a joy to own and a joy to look at.Its a pleasure to enter your loft and see alert heads choc full of brains.Bodies ready to face whatever the world mother nature throws at them.Its not surprising to find these are one of the most expensive colonies of pigeons around.They are also a magic first cross for the Lambrechts.These are distance Jannsens.The Planets are the best The present day Van Loons(directs) are a pale shadow of what was before.You can still buy the best just keep your eyes open.

You asked who has the best Van Loons. The best van loons are the Planets the best colony of the Planets was Bolton and Williams. The best of the Bolton and Williams are at Doms.

To which you are correct but then i also asked what was the mans results with the birds?

• 1 month later...

VANLOONS

I HAVE THE BEST OF PLANETS WON ALL OVER K.LAWSON HAS THEM FROM ME TWILIGHT PRODUCER CAME FROM THROUGH THIS LOFT

WON IN IRELAND AND WALES AY NATIONAL LEVEL.

BOUGHT THEM IN 1993 NEVER REGRETED IT.

ADVISE ANY ONE TO TAKE PLANETS OFFER UP I WILL BE

JIM

get your pocket money out mate. Direct stock pairs from Planet Brothers at a mere £1,000 a pair in the BHW this week

My question is how far away are they from the original champions, they will be 6-7 generations away and possibly even more. the original planets took your breath away, if i see people winning,big with these single pair introductions and regular, i will then consider banging on his door if he lowers his price lol

My question is how far away are they from the original champions, they will be 6-7 generations away and possibly even more. the original planets took your breath away, if i see people winning,big with these single pair introductions and regular, i will then consider banging on his door if he lowers his price lol

DONT KID YOURSELF THE CREAM WILL STILL BE THERE GAURANTEED ;)

YOU MAE FIND THAT THAT PRICE IS VERY REASONABLE AND IT WILL DOUBLE LATER NAD IT MAE BE HARD TO OBTAIN THEM ONCE THEY START SELLING MOST ABROAD

THE TIME TO BANG THE DOOR IS NOW , LATER WILL BE TOO LATE

hi my name is dom mccoy gladiator lofts and i was one of the major buyers at bolton and williams clearence sales of which i managed to buy many principal pigeons in fact iown around fifty pairs of van loons all originate from planet pigeons and my good friends TOM RODEN AND BOLTON and WILLIAMSON from both their entire clearance sales TOM was very successfull with his vanloons and bred many winners for himself and others when tommy was told to pack up pigeons for health reasons i was lucky enough to get all tommys family going back to originai planet birds BOOMERANG ALTAIR CHAMPION ONE SURE RETURN SURE CHOICE WITOGER KWEEKER CHAMPION05 MILL REEF MIDWAY Lady ribot pinza to name but afew most of which were gifted to me that was in late 2005 i lightly raced 2006 to2007 and won races from day one moved in 2007 to new location started racing 2008 again a few wins as birds took second place over house renovation 2009 put more effort in to birds got more wins 2010to date nine wins including 1234 club and federation last week kingsdown three border fed so yes planet bros do have great van loons but so do i from a up to date racing loft london south east classic race guernsey 17 open not bad for someone who prior to 2005 never had pigeons since i was aboy good news LSECC LAST RACE 4 SECTION 11 OPEN PROV ALSO TOPPED THREE BORDERS FEDERATION FOR SECOND WEEK

only thing is does not matter how good the pigeons are unless they are being raced and tested on a regular basis even champions breed crap fact. if you don't race over a long period of time than the family declines.

Maybe the Planets are supernatural stockmen like busschaert and have an eye for a good one or maybe not?

I can certainly think of other places to go and get them cheaper than a grand a pair and good quality.

I'm not knocking the planets achievements or their strain of Van Loons just pointing out its a lot of money at a fair bit of risk. I've spent fotures on pigeons and got sh** on the other hand I've been lucky enough to buy pigeons cheap that have bred me exceptional pigeons.

I've got a Van Loon stock cock myself thats grandparents were bred down from direct Louis Van Loons that has been a great breeder for me in his first year breeding. I find they cross well in with other strains such as the busschaerts.

I'd advise anyone thinking of buying pigeons to read some of Ad Shaerlackens Articles the man has it summed up.

If I was weathly I'd try some for the crack as heard a lot about them but I'm not so will have to sit this one out.

hi my name is dom mccoy gladiator lofts and i was one of the major buyers at bolton and williams clearence sales of which i managed to buy many principal pigeons in fact iown around fifty pairs of van loons all originate from planet pigeons and my good friends TOM RODEN AND TERRY HUDSON TOM was very successfull with his vanloons and bred many winners for himself and others when tommy was told to pack up pigeons for health reasons i was lucky enough toget all tommys family going back to originai planet birds BOOMERANG ALTAIR CHAMPION ONE SURE RETURN SURE CHOICE WITOGER KWEEKER CHAMPION05 MILL REEF MIDWAY Lady ribot pinza to name but afewmost of which were gifted to me that was in 2005 i lightly raced 2005 to2007 and won races from day one moved in 2007 to new location started racing 2008 again a few wins as birds took second place over hose renovation 2009 put more effort in io birds got more wins 2010to date nine wins including 1234 club and federation last week kingsdown three border fed so yes planet bros do have great van loons but so do i from a up to date racing loft london south east classic race guernsey 17 open not bad for someone who prior to 2005 never had pigeons since i was aboy

If I was you and fancied trying some Wiley I'd get them off this lad as they are the same lines but being tested by the basket as all racing pigeons should be. Prob cheaper than a £1,000 a pair

Guest j.bamling

If i was looking for Van Loons I would certainly not be put off by the £1000 a pair Planet Bros will still have without doubt some of the best stock pigeons in this country they will be breeding around other peoples performances which there will be many to go off so just because they are not racing themselves they will still get a guide

I was tempted to phone them up for a pair but i sat on me hands for an hour and id just took half the nest boxes away in stock loft as i neeeded it for my baskets and stuff :lol: