yb boxes nearly finished :)

OLDYELLOW

Sheets of chipboard 18  or 3/4 inch in old money cut into 4 x 1ft x 8ft lengths , each boxes is held up by brackets and at 10 inch intervals 3/4 by 6 inch is cut out either by a router or by a jigsaw and chizzle to make square then it all just slots together  ;)

Sheets of chipboard 18  or 3/4 inch in old money cut into 4 x 1ft x 8ft lengths , each boxes is held up by brackets and at 10 inch intervals 3/4 by 6 inch is cut out either by a router or by a jigsaw and chizzle to make square then it all just slots together  ;)

u make it sound easy i will see if i can get sum free chipboard and have a go.

u make it sound easy i will see if i can get sum free chipboard and have a go.

thats just it , it is easy im disabled and can only use one arm ;)

thats just it , it is easy im disabled and can only use one arm ;)

Yes but i have bad eye/hand coordination  ;D i managed to make nest boxes but thats simple these perches will take a bit thinking about.Is there any websites that give plans for this type of thing.

Yes but i have bad eye/hand coordination ;D i managed to make nest boxes but thats simple these perches will take a bit thinking about.Is there any websites that give plans for this type of thing.

im no walt disney but heres a rough scetch :)

walls lined with same chipboard you make boxes to size of your loft but allow space to manover them  depending on how big you want the boxes internaly i choose 10 inch as thats the size of a nest bowl , the 1ft was decided as can get 4 1ft x 8ft strips off a 8ft x 4 ft sheet of 3/4 chipboard so your my fist measurement was 10 inch i drew a line then i added another line 10. 3/4 inch , then another at 20.3/4 and so on , half of the slot is removed either by router or by jigsaw and chizzle they simply slot together and brackets to hold it together it is realy simple  :)

walls lined with same chipboard you make boxes to size of your loft but allow space to manover them  depending on how big you want the boxes internaly i choose 10 inch as thats the size of a nest bowl , the 1ft was decided as can get 4 1ft x 8ft strips off a 8ft x 4 ft sheet of 3/4 chipboard so your my fist measurement was 10 inch i drew a line then i added another line 10. 3/4 inch , then another at 20.3/4 and so on , half of the slot is removed either by router or by jigsaw and chizzle they simply slot together and brackets to hold it together it is realy simple  :)

so.is.all.the partitions one single bit of wood with the slots cut out?

yup look at the picture carefully there basicaly 2 pieces of wood sloted into each other but multiple times ;) the uprights go in first then you slide the bases in one at a time

i just cut twice with a jigsaw and chizzled the 3/4 gap , if your not confident you can always make a template up then all measurements can be done with a piece of wood at required size of your box then turn up to mark the thickness of the wood your using always cut making a slightly bigger hole as it wont slot together easily :)

i get my sheets cut to size on a sheet cutter where i buy my wood from a timber yard / builders merchant ,makes for a tidier job :)

Yes i used a saw for my boxes tha plain come in handy  that day lol Iv got sum bits scrap chipboard il try making a minature set 1st  ;D

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...