Pigeonbasics Forum: yb boxes nearly finished :) - Pigeonbasics Forum

• (3 Pages)
  • +

yb boxes nearly finished :) Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   OLDYELLOW 

• TOP GUN
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin Team
  • LocationScarborough Yorkshire - God's own County , Englishman by birth, Yorkshireman by the grace of God , lol
  • Club:Cayton Bay Invitation

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:46 PM

Grasshopper Lofts said:

its been a long day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

would of been alonger one if you lived closer lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" Albert Einstein http://s328.photobuc...323/OLDYELLOW1/

#22 GuestGrasshopper Lofts_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:48 PM

OLDYELLOW said:

would of been alonger one if you lived closer lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lol i would have no problem helping you mate if i did as that chocolaote would have been in my pocket on the way out ;D ;D ;D ;D

#23 User is offline   jimbhoy29 

• Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Locationayrshire
  • Club:ardeer

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:50 PM

they look good..  i made my own pipo boxes  just goes to show you how much money u save by doing it ureself
O'HARE LOFTS

#24 User is offline   OLDYELLOW 

• TOP GUN
  • Icon
  • LocationScarborough Yorkshire - God's own County , Englishman by birth, Yorkshireman by the grace of God , lol

Posted 26 March 2010 - 19:50 PM

Grasshopper Lofts said:

lol i would have no problem helping you mate if i did as that chocolaote would have been in my pocket on the way out ;D ;D ;D ;D

id give you a bar of turkish delight  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" Albert Einstein http://s328.photobuc...323/OLDYELLOW1/

#25 Guestyoungboy_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 21:18 PM

great job well done!! look really nice

#26 GuestGrasshopper Lofts_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 21:21 PM

OLDYELLOW said:

id give you a bar of turkish delight  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

#27 Guest_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 22:12 PM

good job can u explain how there made

#28 User is offline   OLDYELLOW 

• TOP GUN
  • Icon

Posted 26 March 2010 - 22:15 PM

Sheets of chipboard 18  or 3/4 inch in old money cut into 4 x 1ft x 8ft lengths , each boxes is held up by brackets and at 10 inch intervals 3/4 by 6 inch is cut out either by a router or by a jigsaw and chizzle to make square then it all just slots together  ;)

#29 Guest_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 22:20 PM

OLDYELLOW said:

Sheets of chipboard 18  or 3/4 inch in old money cut into 4 x 1ft x 8ft lengths , each boxes is held up by brackets and at 10 inch intervals 3/4 by 6 inch is cut out either by a router or by a jigsaw and chizzle to make square then it all just slots together  ;)

u make it sound easy i will see if i can get sum free chipboard and have a go.

#30 User is offline   OLDYELLOW 

• TOP GUN
  • Icon

Posted 26 March 2010 - 22:21 PM

u make it sound easy i will see if i can get sum free chipboard and have a go.

thats just it , it is easy im disabled and can only use one arm ;)

#31 Guest_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 22:27 PM

OLDYELLOW said:

Yes but i have bad eye/hand coordination  ;D i managed to make nest boxes but thats simple these perches will take a bit thinking about.Is there any websites that give plans for this type of thing.

#32 User is offline   jimmy white 

• High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 22:30 PM

OLDYELLOW said:

well done o,y topping boxes :)

#33 User is offline   OLDYELLOW 

• TOP GUN
  • Icon

Posted 26 March 2010 - 22:46 PM

Yes but i have bad eye/hand coordination ;D i managed to make nest boxes but thats simple these perches will take a bit thinking about.Is there any websites that give plans for this type of thing.

im no walt disney but heres a rough scetch :)
Posted Image

#34 Guest_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 22:50 PM

AND are the petitions just cut to size and nailed to the backs of the boxes

#35 User is offline   OLDYELLOW 

• TOP GUN
  • Icon

Posted 26 March 2010 - 22:57 PM

walls lined with same chipboard you make boxes to size of your loft but allow space to manover them  depending on how big you want the boxes internaly i choose 10 inch as thats the size of a nest bowl , the 1ft was decided as can get 4 1ft x 8ft strips off a 8ft x 4 ft sheet of 3/4 chipboard so your my fist measurement was 10 inch i drew a line then i added another line 10. 3/4 inch , then another at 20.3/4 and so on , half of the slot is removed either by router or by jigsaw and chizzle they simply slot together and brackets to hold it together it is realy simple  :)

#36 Guest_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 23:03 PM

OLDYELLOW said:

walls lined with same chipboard you make boxes to size of your loft but allow space to manover them  depending on how big you want the boxes internaly i choose 10 inch as thats the size of a nest bowl , the 1ft was decided as can get 4 1ft x 8ft strips off a 8ft x 4 ft sheet of 3/4 chipboard so your my fist measurement was 10 inch i drew a line then i added another line 10. 3/4 inch , then another at 20.3/4 and so on , half of the slot is removed either by router or by jigsaw and chizzle they simply slot together and brackets to hold it together it is realy simple  :)

so.is.all.the partitions one single bit of wood with the slots cut out?

#37 User is offline   OLDYELLOW 

• TOP GUN
  • Icon

Posted 26 March 2010 - 23:05 PM

yup look at the picture carefully there basicaly 2 pieces of wood sloted into each other but multiple times ;) the uprights go in first then you slide the bases in one at a time

#38 Guest_*

Posted 26 March 2010 - 23:08 PM

Im with you now m8 just need to get the measurements spot on that wot be easy . Did u build a jig for cutting the slots

#39 User is offline   OLDYELLOW 

• TOP GUN
  • Icon

Posted 26 March 2010 - 23:12 PM

i just cut twice with a jigsaw and chizzled the 3/4 gap , if your not confident you can always make a template up then all measurements can be done with a piece of wood at required size of your box then turn up to mark the thickness of the wood your using always cut making a slightly bigger hole as it wont slot together easily :)

#40 User is offline   tomkirby1 

• Squeaker
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 23:14 PM

adam owen   go to B  Qthey will cut them  all for you  and just fix

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Advert: Crafty Fifer: bespoke loft equipment
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings